News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
New uplighting and decor... well thats a great reason to go brave the crowds 🤭

I honestly am looking forward to the permanent lighting enhancement to Spaceship Earth.

I think more announcements will be made as they keep an eye on the covid situation. I don’t think it will be anything over the top, but I think there will be more (more than a cupcake but less than a brand new unannounced parade.)

I know everyone is scoffing, but what are they supposed to do this year? It's not in their control at the moment. I know we all hope the pandemic numbers will be way, way lower by this time of the year, but they may not be. I mean, it stinks, but I prefer that they are being responsible. At least they are recognizing it.

I know everyone is scoffing, but what are they supposed to do this year? It's not in their control at the moment. I know we all hope the pandemic numbers will be way, way lower by this time of the year, but they may not be. I mean, it stinks, but I prefer that they are being responsible. At least they are recognizing it.

I can imagine the scoffing Disney would get if they forged ahead with massive crowd inducing events. The PR backlash would be overwhelming. A lose-lose scenario in some sense.

there are many people that are still upset that Disney is even open. I’ve seen what people say online about those traveling for pleasure and it’s not pretty.

Disney is likely playing the “all publicity is good publicity” because some people are going to be angry they are celebrating, some will be happy (yes that cheesy promo brought tears to my eyes but I love going to Disney with my kids!) and some people will be wildly disappointed.

Yes. It is in their best interest to under promise and potentially over deliver.

there are many people that are still upset that Disney is even open. I’ve seen what people say online about those traveling for pleasure and it’s not pretty.

Disney is likely playing the “all publicity is good publicity” because some people are going to be angry they are celebrating, some will be happy (yes that cheesy promo brought tears to my eyes but I love going to Disney with my kids!) and some people will be wildly disappointed.
I know what you mean about the promos, the one with the CoP theme is getting me every time it airs.

I, for one, am excited about the new announcements. We have a trip planned for mid-October. Castle projections and the other things announced for the other parks mean they intend to be open a little later. I was worried the early closings would continue. This is a positive thing in my eyes. And I’m sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I, for one, am excited about the new announcements. We have a trip planned for mid-October. Castle projections and the other things announced for the other parks mean they intend to be open a little later. I was worried the early closings would continue. This is a positive thing in my eyes. And I’m sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.
That’s a good point

Thoughts on the new castle decor? I like it and it is definitely better looking that cake castle or Stitch toilet paper attack :)

While the cake castle was vile, IMO, I kind of liked the toilet paper attack. But then again, I’m a Stitch fan.

I‘d forgotten about some of the other overlays...found this article while looking for pics of Stitch’s tp attack.
https://allears.net/2019/07/15/__trashed/

I get that more things will very likely be announced and added later, although other than rides opening much later than expected and a fireworks show, I’m not sure we should be expecting much more than that. Which is still overall a big disappointment. It was already trending towards a disappointing pre-covid with the announcement of no new parade and the Main Street theater cancellation.

I expected exactly nothing out of this announcement and that’s what we got. I don’t mind, because like has been pointed out they don’t want to over promise. But just don’t sell this as an announcement to get people hyped up. Just state your announcing the dates and nothing more.

So people were denied hopping today? I know the park reservation was full. But we’re people able to hop
Reaching capacity does not equate being unable to hop. So far there have been no reports of inability to hop.

Is there anyone reading here who was at the parks today (Sat, Feb 20) and attempted to hop? Were you able to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter