News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hurt to read and not because of what happened. Unfortunate though.
Yeah I don't know what they are thinking over at Kenny the pirate site. I follow him on Twitter and like his content but I won't follow his links anymore. That website is awful and covered in ads.

When we stayed at BWV at the end of September 2020 there was a leak over near the elevators (on the third or fourth floor...can't remember)...it wasn't nearly that extensive but there was a small piece of ceiling maybe 1'x2' that fell or was cut out. They shut the water off to the rooms for a few hours while they made repairs. Seems like this is maybe an ongoing issue.

Edit:
Just remembered I took a picture. The missing ceiling was larger than I remembered.
IMG_0590 (2).jpg

Yeah, I noticed that on one of the early episodes - they don't all have the warning. I must admit, I did find myself wondering what the content was, but I think there was one Muppet very briefly dressed in Native American garb - he doesn't really do anything though but look a little stereotypical. There was another fairly eyebrow raising joke made by Statler and Waldorf, but I don't think it's the kind of thing they are warning about (a bit of an innuendo - not surprising if you know classic Muppets).

At the end of the day, the warnings aren't a big deal as long as the content is available. Apparently there is some content missing, but I think mostly due to music rights, except for one episode where the host has since been convicted of child pronography charges (Chris Langham). If they feel they need to warn for every little thing, then that's fine - they're just being sensitive to people's feelings, and that's not really a bad thing.

I noticed a couple of offensive jokes that wouldn't have been made today, but nothing shockingly bad. Not all episodes had the label (Granted we're still in season 1). We used it as a learning opportunity with our kids to explain why some jokes aren't funny any more.

Yeah, I noticed that on one of the early episodes - they don't all have the warning. I must admit, I did find myself wondering what the content was, but I think there was one Muppet very briefly dressed in Native American garb - he doesn't really do anything though but look a little stereotypical. There was another fairly eyebrow raising joke made by Statler and Waldorf, but I don't think it's the kind of thing they are warning about (a bit of an innuendo - not surprising if you know classic Muppets).

From comments I read on fb it was that native American joke. I didn't even notice it but I was watching while I was working.

From comments I read on fb it was that native American joke. I didn't even notice it but I was watching while I was working.

Yeah, I figured. It wasn't like really overt though - the Muppet didn't really do anything, just had on the garb. But yeah, you know, I'm not against being sensitive. I mean, you really can't be certain that you won't offend anybody, but it doesn't hurt to try not to. I'm not sure why people get so upset about that.

Yeah, I figured. It wasn't like really overt though - the Muppet didn't really do anything, just had on the garb. But yeah, you know, I'm not against being sensitive. I mean, you really can't be certain that you won't offend anybody, but it doesn't hurt to try not to. I'm not sure why people get so upset about that.

What I found interesting was the one where the guest was with bunson and was a "robot" that did impressions and didn't have the disclaimer. I found that one far more cringey and problematic. I wasn't surprised there was one for the guy from cabaret given that movie and that he did songs from it. I'm still in season 1 so I'm curious to see which eps have them and don't. I know there's a list out there but I'd prefer to see it when I watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter