News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! Not that I’m planning a DL trip any time soon, but it’s another step toward normal. And another place for people to go to get their Disney fix, so they don’t all have to go to WDW

I want to plan a trip to DLR...but I don't like to plan that far out in advance, so the extended window isn't great for me. I want to wait until the Avengers Campus has been open a few months too.

Great. The majority of the people who come here are looking for valuable information but that gets taken away because of the acts of a small minority. I would hope the bickering that goes on in the real world could keep away from the one place we all love, Disney, but I guess that’s too much to hope for. The world doesn’t have to be an argument.
The most hateful forum I go is a cruise forum, I hate it there, but it is the best place for RCL information. I go to politics forums daily, and they don't hold a candle to the cruise forums.

Never understood how people could be so hateful on a vacation forum. The moderation there also only cares if you post about a competitor, otherwise it's open season. Mention a competitor, though, and you're on vacation.

giphy.gif

This bolded right here is pretty telling. Wow. You’re speaking for all people here now? Many of us have been on the news round up threads for years 🤣

Also, there’s absolutely nothing doom and gloom about pointing out realities - for example, that this glitch has been happening a while and might not mean anything.

There seems to be a mix up around here these days between negativity and reality. It’s very unfortunate that this thread is seemingly no longer open to different perspectives. People who chime in with (usually fact based) opinions are often treated are treated like debbie downers etc.

A perfect example is when you started an “official earnings call thread” as an offshoot of the news thread, then changed the new thread’s topic after 3 pages of responses. When the “official earnings call thread” was changed into the “hopes and dreams” thread because some were sharing realistic expectations and people didn’t want to hear it. People from this thread were going after any posts sharing realistic expectations as negativity.

I'd wager its a glitch, as everything is pointing to a new paid version. However, everything pointed to Brazil happening so......

Weird that pointing out the infamous WDW IT shortcomings is negative now.

It's fun to be excited for an upcoming trip, we all get that. To me, this thread has always been about keeping up with changes and rumored upcoming changes. Giving opinions on both sides as to the effect of the upcoming changes. I never really looked at it having either a positive or negative vibe.

Or the marketing wasn’t done or if they intend to keep any Disney branding on the buses they haven’t reached a deal yet...

something is holding them back.

They don't have to know about disney branding to open reservations. Those are not related,.

It’s fine to point out realities and everybody’s free to share their view. Sometimes it gets overbearing the need for people to police conversations like ‘you’re not allowed to talk about that unless you do it in this certain precise way.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter