Next World Showcase Pavilion...

#1 Greece ~ Santorini 💙

I feel like a country has to offer UNIQUE - Architecture and Food, along with dress, music & dance.

Too many countries suggested over the years are too close to current ones or have more a place in AK because they are known for their landscape or animals.

And Disney would need to choose a country that doesn't bring "drama" to the park.

BUT in the end I don't think Disney plans to add any, it's been 35 years since the last one was added. Don't hold your breath for any more and honestly why? The Festivals allow them to highlight lots of other countries. I would rather the plots of empty land be used for attractions - tie them to their neighbor.

Last edited:
Out of the box suggestion...Disney, should pick the countries that win the upcoming biggest soccer tournaments (World Cup, Euros, Copa America). I mean this seriously, as Disney would be able to expect a boost in interest for those countries after the tournaments. Normally, only big named countries win anyway.

The current Disney would not open a pavilion they couldn't tie IP to so unless they put out a movie with a Greek, Indian, or Jewish character I'm not sure we will see any of them. The most logical now, based purely on the way Disney makes decisions, would be Columbia but I think it will be a while before we see any new pavilion unfortunately.

Poland or the Czech Republic.
Would be high on my list but I think Europe has a lot of representation already and it is Disney so....

To include an amazing Indian restaurant.
Yeah - India would be a nice choice - but I doubt it and I'm sure the Disneyfication of Indian food would disappoint.

If they did add a country - and I cant see them doing it any time soon - Id assume one from South America

Brazil makes the most sense to me. And if not Brazil then another South American country.
It was heavily rumored a few years ago that it was almost a done deal for a Brazil Pavilion to be built on the pad between Germany and Italy.

Hasn't happened,but if a new Pavilion ever comes,I definitely think it will be Brazil.

Brazil is a HUGE "WDW Country" and South America lacks a WS Pavilion.

The current Disney would not open a pavilion they couldn't tie IP to so unless they put out a movie with a Greek, Indian, or Jewish character I'm not sure we will see any of them. The most logical now, based purely on the way Disney makes decisions, would be Columbia but I think it will be a while before we see any new pavilion unfortunately.

Well, for Greece they do have Hercules. It's reasonably well-liked. I think the real issue is that the pavillions were all originally sponsored by the subject country's government/tourism board. So many countries can't really afford to do such a thing.

I actually would like to see Greece, India, or Australia as good options. Brazil isn't bad eithr, though I might prefer somewhere like Peru for a South American country. Again though, which countries can or want to spend money on it?

Colombia. Encanto belongs in EPCOT, not DAK. Not to mention, I would love to see a Colombian restaurant in Epcot.

If you take the IP out of the equation, then Australia would be good, as would Peru. I think it has to be a Southern Hemisphere country NMW.

Would be high on my list but I think Europe has a lot of representation already and it is Disney so....

Yeah - India would be a nice choice - but I doubt it and I'm sure the Disneyfication of Indian food would disappoint.

If they did add a country - and I cant see them doing it any time soon - Id assume one from South America
I do think if they did (and I don't think they will) they would lean this way.

I'd like it to be Colombia with old Cartegena architecture and then you have Encanto to immerse.

Second choice would be Peru, a colorful beautiful country with great food and an attraction with Emperor's New Groove.

Absolutely don't want Brazil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter