No Club Level Discounts

Nikki906

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know why club level was not included in the promotions that just dropped the other day? Every year I've been getting such a good discount on Boardwalk Club Level for August. This is so disappointing....

I really feel like I am being priced out and its ridiculous. We really enjoy club level and it really helps for breakfast as we get ready we grab food quick before the day begins as the rest of my party is getting ready. We are a family of 6. I also enjoy the club level CM's Sorry I know that I sound like I am whining

I really feel like I am being priced out and its ridiculous. We really enjoy club level and it really helps for breakfast as we get ready we grab food quick before the day begins as the rest of my party is getting ready. We are a family of 6. I also enjoy the club level CM's Sorry I know that I sound like I am whining

Nope, don’t think you’re whining. You sound just like a lot of us over on the CL thread. We’ve been staying CL for probably 25 years. I always got some kind of a discount (bounceback, AP, public, etc) except right after CL reopened. I’ve never seen all CLs excluded like they are now. If all CLs are that booked at full price, I guess the economy must be fine.

I’ve been “weaning” myself off CL the last few trips. I do have CL with a small discount for our anniversary in September. But I can’t see paying rack rate for what they offer.

We stopped staying CL years ago. We love staying in villas and using the savings to do grocery deliveries and stock our kitchen with our own food and beverages.
This is a great alternative to club level. We now pack our own breakfast foodstuffs (and buy perishables onsite or via grocery delivery) and save precious time and money with our own little in-room "grab-and go" pantry every morning. Typical items include bagels and cream cheese, protein or granola bars, apple slices and caramel dips, and cold cereals and milk.

I think the only CL discount hope is with bounceback. I'm packing my patience to try and book a CL room via
bounceback in December. (Can you try this date? How about this resort?)

I think the only CL discount hope is with bounceback. I'm packing my patience to try and book a CL room via
bounceback in December. (Can you try this date? How about this resort?)

Good luck! I’m hoping they have an offer for next year when I go in September. But I’m starting to worry they’ll exclude CL for next year, just like they are with the current discounts.

Here's an Idea, newly formed. How bout you just get a cheaper room?

Sorry. But my club level room is too expensive just doesn't resonate.

I was in college in 2000, so no, I don’t know. But I’m enjoying my CL stays now. I liked them better when they were included in whatever discount was running at the time as has been the case for a long time. But the mouse seems like they want to go in a different direction. I can make the choice to stick with it, go down the price scale, or even one of the many higher end properties close by. The beauty of Orlando - options for everyone.

Signed,
Super Hardcore

Different strokes for different folks.

Agreed. And if everyone remembered just what a deluxe club room used to cost and the increases since 2000, only the super hardcore would pay for one.

You could probably say that about any Disney resort. I remember when they had a promotion for a family of 4 to stay for a week at a value for under $1500. A week with base tickets for that family is $3900 minimum now. Some people think only super hard core fans will stay onsite at any level. I’ve read complaints about getting priced out from people at all price points. Nothing wrong with the OP expressing her disappointment in the current discounts.

You could probably say that about any Disney resort. I remember when they had a promotion for a family of 4 to stay for a week at a value for under $1500. A week with base tickets for that family is $3900 minimum now. Some people think only super hard core fans will stay onsite at any level. I’ve read complaints about getting priced out from people at all price points. Nothing wrong with the OP expressing her disappointment in the current discounts.
Disney has clearly decided they are adopting a "come once and spend it all approach". To me, generally speaking, I would put my choices for trips in three buckets:

1. Convenience of staying on property for park heavy trip - need walkability to at least 1 property, maybe 2. Which means I am talking about Deluxe Hotels - specifically BW/BC, S/D/SR, GF, CR/BLT.
2. Stay off property and stay somewhere that costs less than Deluxe Properties and is objectively nicer than WDW hotels (JW Marriott, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Waldorf Astoria, etc.) and know I'll be driving into the parks - which isn't the end of the world. Hotels like this often price favorably when compared to moderates - and often you can use points to stay for a free night or two.
3. Stay somewhere like AK and turn it into a 3 night -4 night trip where I'm there to look at the animals, enjoy the pool, and visit the restaurants. Maybe visit one park.

But we are FL Resident, AP holders who can, if we want to do a decent amount of driving in a day, go to the park and go home in the same day. WDW likely feels there are enough people saying this is our "one" trip to Disney that we will spend "whatever it takes" to have a great time - and they can con them into paying the up-charge for CL.

Personally, if Concierge was an extra $50-100 per night, I'd probably consider booking it but not the significantly higher costs they are charging, but clearly there are people who pay for it.

I was in college in 2000, so no, I don’t know. But I’m enjoying my CL stays now. I liked them better when they were included in whatever discount was running at the time as has been the case for a long time. But the mouse seems like they want to go in a different direction. I can make the choice to stick with it, go down the price scale, or even one of the many higher end properties close by. The beauty of Orlando - options for everyone.

Signed,
Super Hardcore

Different strokes for different folks.

We were CL aficionados for more years than I can remember. When our kids flew the nest, we begrudgingly gave it up. I can't say that we miss it--last stay was 2010 at Polynesian (our favorite). Worked out well since those we had come to know and love over the years had also moved on through retirement or otherwise. We have fond memories. . .

If I remember correctly, our first stay in the early 90s at Polynesian CL was around $230 per night with a Magic Kingdom Club discount. Our final stay in 2010 was, per night, more than our monthly mortgage payment. It was our last hurrah! The picture was our final Polynesian Pout (a tradition we began in the early 90s) in 2010.

We spent more on CL stays than the cost of both of our private college kids' four year educations.2010.202.jpg. We could do it because they were full ride scholarship kids thanks to their academic prowess and a paid off mortgage. We wouldn't change a thing because our pleasure (and theirs) was worth it. That said, we will not pay that type of price these days even though we could afford it.

As others have said, we now rent points, stay longer and enjoy our own breakfast, appetizers and drinks within our own time frame and at a much lower price point.

We were CL aficionados for more years than I can remember. When our kids flew the nest, we begrudgingly gave it up. I can't say that we miss it--last stay was 2010 at Polynesian (our favorite). Worked out well since those we had come to know and love over the years had also moved on through retirement or otherwise. We have fond memories. . .

If I remember correctly, our first stay in the early 90s at Polynesian CL was around $230 per night with a Magic Kingdom Club discount. Our final stay in 2010 was, per night, more than our monthly mortgage payment. It was our last hurrah! The picture was our final Polynesian Pout (a tradition we began in the early 90s) in 2010.

We spent more on CL stays than the cost of both of our private college kids' four year educations.View attachment 851315. We could do it because they were full ride scholarship kids thanks to their academic prowess and a paid off mortgage. We wouldn't change a thing because our pleasure (and theirs) was worth it. That said, we will not pay that type of price these days even though we could afford it.

As others have said, we now rent points, stay longer and enjoy our own breakfast, appetizers and drinks within our own time frame and at a much lower price point.
I remember the Magic Kingdom Club! That saved us a chunk. But so did Junior pricing. Miss those days. I also miss getting Hawaii park view for under $300/night. It's difficult seeing it north of $1100 for quiet pool view. That's just crazy talk.

If they can get the bookings at those prices good for them. At this point I'd rather get a regular room and spend my 'savings' on whatever I want to eat and drink vs one shrimp on a plate and new-CM wine pours pirate:

There is still the convenience factor, especially with kids, and I don't disagree with those who find that important. Sometimes you have to throw money at the problem and everyone has their own priorities. Aren't we lucky that this is what we have to complain about. :wizard:

Last edited:
My family liked the occasional CL resort stay, but there is no way I would book that without a discount. We are heading back in August and have a 2 bedroom villa. We are placing a grocery order and I know I am adding some wine for me.

My family liked the occasional CL resort stay, but there is no way I would book that without a discount. We are heading back in August and have a 2 bedroom villa. We are placing a grocery order and I know I am adding some wine for me.
Sounds like a good time 😍

Sounds like a good time 😍
I hope so! My DGD’s GF has never been, so we are planning her “unbirthday” while we are there. We think that having the kitchen in our villa wil be a nice way to have some light meals and snacks in the room, and also will give us the opportunity to really enjoy the resort. I admit that I very much like CL amenities though. The CM’s really have a way of making guests feel very special

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter