No Matter How Hard I Try, I Just Can't.

Imagineer_Tech

Always And Forever ~ illusionistic
I've triedto just get over vmk like most have seemed to do so easily. I just can't. When your with something from the begining and love it so much when it ends it's extremely difficult to just get over it. I mean i've been doing alot lately and have been enjoying my life since vmk closed but I still can't get over it or forget about it. I truely miss coming home signing in and hearing the music and looking to see who's on. I miss rushing home to check the old VMK board to see what Aengus has done to a host room or the new awesome quest coming out on friday. It was 3 years of a truely magical experience. But even though many might have, I haven't lost hope in that vmk will return. Maybe not the exact shape or form but in some way vmk will come back. I don't think Disney is so blatenly dumb to let go such a gold mine. Do I think vmk will be back anytime soon, No. Do I believe that it will be back, YES. The new update on the hompage says "Recently we've received inquiries asking if VMK is reopening - there are no plans to reopen VMK in any form." I bolded a key phrase. No plans doesn't mean they won't make any in the future. Disney could quite possibly "make plans" tomorrow. Disney could "make plans" in a year. It doesn't mean vmk is dead. Now i'm going to return to my one man e-mailing campaign to move the process along. Don't lose hope. Let's help Disney make those plans!

~illusionistic~
~Always And Forever~

I completly agree with you. As much as I've tried I can't forget VMK. I think VMK will eventually come back. I did find HOST_Hula, HOST_Lily, and HOST_Sparky on MySpace though! :P

Ev

ill, I totally agree, it's like IMPOSSIBLE to get over. You and me were sort of "enemies" but in the end, I want my kingdom back.

~ Pizza

After going to WDW this year, there was really nothing I wanted to do more than get on VMK and revisit all the places from vacation. I don't think I'll ever completely forget this game...

It's because you're wasting your time thinking about VMK. I think you need to just forget about VMK (for now, I seriously mean it, STOP THINKING ABOUT IT, IT'S NOT GOING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE ANY BETTER), you wont actually forget it but with your mind set on something else (even if you do alot of things, you need to just FORGET VMK when doing these things). When you get home, don't do what you normally do, forget about the computer or shorten your time on it (or just go on dis every other day/shorten your time on it) and you'll eventually move forward. When you've gotten past VMK, you'll probably take it alot better.

I was upset about the closure too, but now, I couldn't care anyless! VMK was just a game, a social game, you might lose some friends because of the closure but if you can make one friend, then you can make more. Stop thinking about VMK, it's August (even better, LATE AUGUST), come on! I seriously don't want VMK back at all, it's something of the past and Disney made it pretty clear that it's history. You need to stop living in the past, or else nothing would move forward.

(Okay, I admit it was more then just a game, at least for some, but you need to remember that you can't control what always happens and Disney was in charge, they decided to close it. It's final, sorry, move on with your life or just be upset forever.)

I'm just being honest with you, I'm not saying this just to be negative, I'm saying it because I would hate to see you or anyone upset about a game that closed months ago. I really think all the time and energy you put in your campaign could be used in a more constructive manner. What will all this hope do to help you? It will just bring you down again because there is no real hope in getting back VMK.

The owners of the board have a policy against posting myspace links. Whats being discussed is OK, but no links is all ;)

It's because you're wasting your time thinking about VMK. I think you need to just forget about VMK (for now, I seriously mean it, STOP THINKING ABOUT IT, IT'S NOT GOING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE ANY BETTER), you wont actually forget it but with your mind set on something else (even if you do alot of things, you need to just FORGET VMK when doing these things). When you get home, don't do what you normally do, forget about the computer or shorten your time on it (or just go on dis every other day/shorten your time on it) and you'll eventually move forward. When you've gotten past VMK, you'll probably take it alot better.

In the words of Roland Deschain, "the world has moved on". It is the way of Ka.
(now that would be a cool virtual world...)

I can't forget about it either. Well, at the same time vmk closed all my friends stopped getting on the computer because they had other things to do, so now my computer time at night is just spent searching random things, mostly about vmk. Yesterday I had alot of fun with my best friend from vmk though, we made so many vmk flats and went to go laminate them and everything. Its really nice that I still have someone to talk to vmk about. No matter what, im never giving up hope. I think its going to come back. And I dont think it would be the biggest let down either when it closed, I just think it would be one of those dreams come true things, which Disney is supposed to be a big part of those anyways. Im never going to forget about vmk, and I still think about it at least ten minutes every day and realize how big of a part of my life it was. For those of you who dont care about vmk at all in that way anymore, fine. We all have something different that is special to us, just call us the vmk fanatics. I always will be one, and its never going to change even if it stays closed forever.

^^ Amazingly said, I agree 100%. Now just wait for vmkfan to come in a try to crush the statement.

I can't forget about it either. Well, at the same time vmk closed all my friends stopped getting on the computer because they had other things to do, so now my computer time at night is just spent searching random things, mostly about vmk. Yesterday I had alot of fun with my best friend from vmk though, we made so many vmk flats and went to go laminate them and everything. Its really nice that I still have someone to talk to vmk about. No matter what, im never giving up hope. I think its going to come back. And I dont think it would be the biggest let down either when it closed, I just think it would be one of those dreams come true things, which Disney is supposed to be a big part of those anyways. Im never going to forget about vmk, and I still think about it at least ten minutes every day and realize how big of a part of my life it was. For those of you who dont care about vmk at all in that way anymore, fine. We all have something different that is special to us, just call us the vmk fanatics. I always will be one, and its never going to change even if it stays closed forever.

I don't think Disney can make any dreams come true, they're just a big company and they couldn't care any less about your dreams. Their dreams are more important (to them).

^^ Amazingly said, I agree 100%. Now just wait for vmkfan to come in a try to crush the statement.

vmkfan is not crushing any statement, he has a right to say what he thinks as much as you do. He is just speaking using his mind and not his heart and sometimes you have to use one more than the other and in this case you have to think using your head and try to forget about VMK or not care about it so much. A lot of people have moved on but lost no friends or only a few. We just have to face it that VMK is not opening anytime soon. So in the time it's closed I think it's time to do something else to fill that gap

~Spongeblair =]

vmkfan is not crushing any statement, he has a right to say what he thinks as much as you do. He is just speaking using his mind and not his heart and sometimes you have to use one more than the other and in this case you have to think using your head and try to forget about VMK or not care about it so much. A lot of people have moved on but lost no friends or only a few. We just have to face it that VMK is not opening anytime soon. So in the time it's closed I think it's time to do something else to fill that gap

~Spongeblair =]

No, I was angry when I said that i'm gonna edit him. I talked with him via pm and I respect everyone's opinions. I was just a bit upset there.

yeah i know.

this sucks. but we all think it sucks.

Maybe we should ALL go to Disney and over-rule them!! :3dglasses

Ok guys i understand what u are all saying about vmk not opening and to think about the reality of things, and blah blah blah.. and I know u may also be trying to help those who are still holding out hope for a vmk return. And yes they may be very disappointed that it never opens again. But, I will always hold out hope that it will one day reopen, and who are they hurting if they feel the same way. Even if they do think about vmk ( more than the average person ) , so what. Everyone has to have something that they care about and hold dear to them, and for some people that is vmk. And I for one think that this world could use a little more hope and faith in things that matter to each individual.

You are not the only person out there who emails.
I email regularly, too. My last email was about how my family has canceled our WDW Fall 2008 trip and our 2009 Disney Cruise because of their insensitivity. We have also canceled our membership in the vacation club.
Why? Because without VMK our feelings about Disney has changed. The magic has tarnished and we now see the Mouse has been displaced by the Board of Directors and their magical love of Money.

I also send a copy, via mail, to everyone on the list as well.

We might be one family.
It might be one letter.
But it is a step...and I won't let the memory of our love of VMK go away.

Honestly, I couldn't care less anymore about VMK being gone. I still have contact with almost everyone I was really good friends with. We don't talk as much anymore, but in the last few months we were all getting on less and less anyways. The game was in a downward spiral since summer 2007, and although it seemed to be getting a bit after the fall, Disney decided it was time for it to die. And it has. And if we couldn't help keep it alive in the last days, we have no chance now. The last few days were our strongest chance, mainly with the opportunity to get with the media. But it's too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter