No Matter How Hard I Try, I Just Can't.

Ouch! Talk about not sugar coating...

Did you say SUGAR coating?! :cool1:

I know I haven't been very active on these boards in the past few months, but I just happened to login today and see this thread.

I have tried several things to move on from VMK:

1. Establishing stronger friendships with friends that you encounter everyday in real life. This has helped me tremendously, and to stop saying "lava", hahaha.

2. Acknowledging that, for me, VMK was an addiction like my parents said.

3. Trying other new games to get hooked on, even though I knew in the back of my mind it would only lead to the same thing - addiction.

4. Taking online courses during the summer months, and working... This helped keep my schedule busy enough where I wouldn't have as much time to spend on VFK or Smallworlds or Sociotown that I would have normally.

5. Taking a four week vacation. I kept myself away from gaming Web sites, for the most part, say 95%. I visited a couple sites to see the progress in one of the games, but that was it.

6. Coming back home to an overloaded school schedule. I have absolutely no time for games, but I still have a free Sunday (usually), which I use to hang out with friends.

Ill, I'm just saying what worked for me. I know that losing something that you love is very hard, and there might not be another VMK for a long while, but just hang in there, cut your computer time down a bit (not drastically like I did, but take ten minutes off here and there), and focus on school for now. After all, school is what's going to help you to further your life.

With care,
Sugar

Ok, its not like my life depends on vmk or anything that dramatic, but it would be completely awesome if it opened again. There probably isn't much chance that it will open, but the last thing a person should give up is hope. There's always a chance at everything, and besides, its Disney. Their specialty is faith, trust, and pixie dust.

After going to WDW this year, there was really nothing I wanted to do more than get on VMK and revisit all the places from vacation. I don't think I'll ever completely forget this game...

I don't think I can step foot in any the parks again... or at least.. I don't "plan" to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter