• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the H2O+ main website is missing some product lines and package discounts - https://www.h2oplus.com/

Perhaps there's trouble in personal care land.....

There's actually been quite a bit of trouble in H2O+ land in recent years. Lots of turnover in management, and a big move from Chicago to San Francisco... closure of all the stand-alone stores and franchises... there's more than a little missing from their product line, as it's been whittled down to maybe half its previous glory. I've been an H2O+ junkie for many more years than they've been partnering with Disney -- I was really happy when their products started showing up at Disney properties. Sigh... nothing good lasts forever.

There's actually been quite a bit of trouble in H2O+ land in recent years. Lots of turnover in management, and a big move from Chicago to San Francisco... closure of all the stand-alone stores and franchises... there's more than a little missing from their product line, as it's been whittled down to maybe half its previous glory. I've been an H2O+ junkie for many more years than they've been partnering with Disney -- I was really happy when their products started showing up at Disney properties. Sigh... nothing good lasts forever.
Well that's disappointing... Since I switched about 10 months ago I've had nothing good hair days. Don't want to have to go back to the dark days of Herbal Essences or Pantene.....

So that’s what’s going on. I’ve tried to order and had all kinds of issues and really subpar customer service.

So that’s what’s going on. I’ve tried to order and had all kinds of issues and really subpar customer service.
Yep, it's seeming a little weird right now.

Back in early July, I ordered shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion directly from H2O+ and the delivery was a lot slower than usual. But I didn't think much of it, stuff happens with deliveries sometimes, right?

Last week, I went back to the H2O+ site to order more, but the site was very different. No more bundles with $6 discounts on shampoo/conditioner or body wash/lotion. Also, the site didn't list my conditioner (Sea Greens) at all.

So I ended up placing orders for everything at a couple of 3rd party resellers. At least I was able to get the shampoo, bodywash and lotion on sale for about 50% off from one seller. The conditioner was still listed at full MSRP with another seller. It's almost like the Sea Greens collection is being discontinued.... I have no idea though. The items should start arriving later this week.

Don't freak out yet, I didn't have any trouble finding the Sea Salt and Eucalyptus & Aloe (Sea Marine according on the Disney packaging) collections.

I never knew people used hotel toiletries as their only toiletries on vacation until I came to the DISboards. All of my friends that I have traveled with bring their own toiletries on vacation and the same with my family. I actually asked my coworkers about this and everyone brings their own toiletries too. So I'm with the PP who is surprised that people rely on the hotel toiletries.

I bring my own everything because I like my products. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, face wash, face cream, hair products, toothpaste, Listerine, etc. You name it, we bring it. Full sized too since we stay for 7-10 days and sometimes shower twice a day and us girls have tons of hair.

Now I will miss the little lotions because I would use them in the parks since I use the bathroom about 4959485 times and need to lotion my hands after I wash them. I also take the leftovers home and keep them in my purse and desk at work. Now I will bring a trial size lotion with us to keep with me for the parks.
Do you work with a lot of women? Most men I know use what is provided.

You know they give you new ones every day, right? It's not like you have to ration the teeny tiny bottle.
You would think it was that easy but as many guests have already posted in the thread, there is no lotion in the room or added during the stay. Mousekeeping has been very hit or miss lately. My personal view is that Disney is having trouble staffing these positions which is the basic issue with almost all mousekeeping issues.

Dave

You would think it was that easy but as many guests have already posted in the thread, there is no lotion in the room or added during the stay. Mousekeeping has been very hit or miss lately. My personal view is that Disney is having trouble staffing these positions which is the basic issue with almost all mousekeeping issues.

Dave

I should have specified that this was the case BEFORE this alleged lotion removal. We stayed at Contemporary and Beach Club last July and were absolutely bombarded with toiletries. Not joking. I came home with 30 tubes of product over a 10 day stay. I asked for extra shampoo and conditioner ONCE and proceeded to get 2 new bottles of everything, every day, for the rest of our stay. Since I was the only one using it, I just collected them all and brought them home.

I also am surprised people rely on the hotel toiletries, I never use them no matter where I stay they just sit on the counter and never get touched. I take my own everything when I travel (hand soap, bath soap, shampoo/conditioner, hand cream, face cream, body lotion, even my own hair dryer, etc.)

If you are at WDW currently and need lotion badly you should go down to Disney Springs they have a L’Occitane location and I find their lotion much better than H2O. Also lots of lotion options at Sephora or if you love the H2O stuff you probably already know it’s for sale in the Disney gift shops.

I mean I understand it’s frustrating if you rely on something then it’s gone, but with Disney I find things are always changing and things in the hotels are never reliable from one trip to another. It may not be industry standards not to have all those little hotel toiletries readily available but I’m guess Disney isn’t getting that many complaints about it in the grand scheme of things. Sorry you were disappointed though, that’s never a fun experience.

Do you work with a lot of women? Most men I know use what is provided.

Yes I do. But even my DH refuses to use hotel products. For my friends, when they travel, the wife packs the toiletries and they use them. The husbands don't use the hotel products.

I will say most people I know and associate with (on a closer level) are Latino, Afro Latino or black. The hair products given by hotels just don't work on most of those hair types. Same with certain kinds of soaps and lotions. That could be another reason most people I know bring their own products.

Yes I do. But even my DH refuses to use hotel products. For my friends, when they travel, the wife packs the toiletries and they use them. The husbands don't use the hotel products.

I will say most people I know and associate with (on a closer level) are Latino, Afro Latino or black. The hair products given by hotels just don't work on most of those hair types. Same with certain kinds of soaps and lotions. That could be another reason most people I know bring their own products.
You got married? Congrats! :love:

Well that's disappointing... Since I switched about 10 months ago I've had nothing good hair days. Don't want to have to go back to the dark days of Herbal Essences or Pantene.....
Try Gilchrist and Soames https://www.gilchristsoames.com/home They have some really nice scents and products. I buy the gallon sizes and fill up smaller 8 oz bottles that I have for in the shower and to travel. My favorite collections are BeeKind and Bathe. It's much better than H2O. I found out about BeeKind on at trip to Glacier National Park and we stayed at the East Glacier Lodge.

I also am surprised people rely on the hotel toiletries, I never use them no matter where I stay they just sit on the counter and never get touched. I take my own everything when I travel (hand soap, bath soap, shampoo/conditioner, hand cream, face cream, body lotion, even my own hair dryer, etc.)

This makes me LOL, but I'm glad I can still surprise people! I'm on the road about 30% of the year and I use them all the time. It would be extremely inconvenient and inefficient for me to bring all that stuff everywhere. Someone previously was "gobsmacked" that there are people like me out there. I didn't know I had that affect on people, and I'm not sure whether to apologize or take credit!! :smooth:

As far as lotion is concerned, the $79 hampton inn I just checked out of had it there waiting, as do all the rest of them as far as I know. :flower: Gotta love the disney bean counters... always looking for somewhere to skim or scam.

...As far as lotion is concerned, the $79 hampton inn I just checked out of had it there waiting, as do all the rest of them as far as I know. :flower: Gotta love the disney bean counters... always looking for somewhere to skim or scam.
I think it's more of the plastic reduction program they are implementing.

This makes me LOL, but I'm glad I can still surprise people! I'm on the road about 30% of the year and I use them all the time. It would be extremely inconvenient and inefficient for me to bring all that stuff everywhere. Someone previously was "gobsmacked" that there are people like me out there. I didn't know I had that affect on people, and I'm not sure whether to apologize or take credit!! :smooth:

As far as lotion is concerned, the $79 hampton inn I just checked out of had it there waiting, as do all the rest of them as far as I know. :flower: Gotta love the disney bean counters... always looking for somewhere to skim or scam.
:wave:

And shine on you crazy diamond!

I think it's more of the plastic reduction program they are implementing.
You're probably right. It's just a reflex from all the other stuff they've pulled in recent years. I never use lotion anyway so it wouldn't affect me either way, but I do use hotel shampoo pretty regularly. And I will happily utilize the dispensers when they appear at BCV. It's how I roll.

:wave:
And shine on you crazy diamond!

Thanks, I should have quoted you originally! I will make it up to you somehow... how about I send you a few small bottles of neutrogena lotion from my next trip? You can bring them to and use them at Disney resorts for no extra charge. (I'll be at hilton buena vista palace disney springs for Microsoft in November... I'm looking forward to finding out what bounty they'll have waiting for me in that bathroom!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter