Not ROFR thread - general discussion

I don’t think I agree with this actually. It’s a large contract and the seller is obviously motivated as it says low but firm so they already took into account all negotiations. An outlier doesn’t make a trend. People got Poly at $110/pt, doesn’t mean the bottom is falling out from Poly.

RIV and CCV are pretty close in what they sell for on the resale market. I think it’s more telling that 2 of the newest resorts, one with restrictions, one with less restrictions, are selling with only a $15/pt on average difference. I don’t think resale restrictions are killing the product as much as much as we all would have assumed it would, at least not yet. I think we won’t really see RIV settle into its resale prices until the resort is sold out and see if DVC actually ROFRs RIV contracts, or not.
We bought the Poly 110 and have closed on it with points deposited. We got very lucky to have snuck right in before ROFR. We are under contract on the RIV 103 350 pointer Oct use year. At that price point it was too good to pass up even if a little bigger than we were needing. Hopefully it passes ROFR.

We bought the Poly 110 and have closed on it with points deposited. We got very lucky to have snuck right in before ROFR. We are under contract on the RIV 103 350 pointer Oct use year. At that price point it was too good to pass up even if a little bigger than we were needing. Hopefully it passes ROFR.
Love that for you! If we wanted that many points at RIV I would have fought you for them lol it’s a great price. I’d love to pick up another 100-150points at RIV but can wait until the resale prices come down a bit more for smaller contracts.

I do apologise to anyone wanting to buy points atm. since I started looking the listings have drastically reduced....
They typically tick up in the late fall and tick down in the spring. Prices correspondingly usually climb some over the summer and relax in the winter.

Obviously not a hard and fast rule because a zillion things can happen. But that’s how it usually works.

Just a reminder. The DIS does not allow For Sale posts, and that includes sharing specifics about contracts for sale that are out there. We have no way of knowing if the person posting is the owner or not n

I had to delete a post and several that quoted it. General trends for pricing is fine.

They typically tick up in the late fall and tick down in the spring. Prices correspondingly usually climb some over the summer and relax in the winter.

Obviously not a hard and fast rule because a zillion things can happen. But that’s how it usually works.

Trust me to look at the wrong time !

Luckily I can hold out for a deal. As my next trip isn’t till summer next year.

Quiet day on resale deeds recorded. 1 SSR and 2 BLT. Zero BWV although I did find out that they might enter Boardwalk or Board Walk.

Can we take a minute to appreciate the sellers who strip contacts. List them over value and then mark them as firm…..
I completely don’t get some folks’ views on pricing. When you’re selling a house there is room to argue that the location is special, or the finishes are upgraded, or you’ve made improvements, or whatever. But these contracts have a limited number of levers that affect their value and no one is going to buy an expensive one when they can buy a cheaper one that’s relatively the same.

I completely don’t get some folks’ views on pricing. When you’re selling a house there is room to argue that the location is special, or the finishes are upgraded, or you’ve made improvements, or whatever. But these contracts have a limited number of levers that affect their value and no one is going to buy an expensive one when they can buy a cheaper one that’s relatively the same.
Yes. No matter how many wonderful vacation memories one may have or what the contract was worth in 2021, it’s a commodity, textbook definition, and it’s worth what the market will bear and not a penny more.

A lotta sellers struggle to adjust to that reality.

Can we take a minute to appreciate the sellers who strip contacts. List them over value and then mark them as firm…..

I mean I sort of get it if you're in no hurry. All you need is one sucker customer to come along and make your day.

Hey now...I purchased a stripped contract at an okay-but-not-amazing price. But I'm happy with it because there are so few (literally no other ones right now) of that size in my UY. A contract is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Hey now...I purchased a stripped contract at an okay-but-not-amazing price. But I'm happy with it because there are so few (literally no other ones right now) of that size in my UY. A contract is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
Eh just kidding. If what you want is hard to find, you do what you gotta do. And rare ones justify a price premium

I just got an offer accepted on my second contract - adding some CC points for split reservations and something beyond the 2042 timeline for my BWV contract. I like to go in the peak of early december, so being able to book both with home resort advantage, and having more waitlist slots was the selling point for me. (different UY)
However I fear that reading these boards is putting me in with a bad crowd. Where is the AA version of this board, talking us out of buying more timeshares. Heck, you mention buying a timeshare and most of the people think you are mad, let alone buying multiple of them.

I just got an offer accepted on my second contract - adding some CC points for split reservations and something beyond the 2042 timeline for my BWV contract. I like to go in the peak of early december, so being able to book both with home resort advantage, and having more waitlist slots was the selling point for me. (different UY)
However I fear that reading these boards is putting me in with a bad crowd. Where is the AA version of this board, talking us out of buying more timeshares. Heck, you mention buying a timeshare and most of the people think you are mad, let alone buying multiple of them.
Congrats and welcome home! We have our first stay as owners at CCV this December and we can’t wait!

But you really should know there’s no helping you…
1712807776809.gif

And not spending day after day frantically refreshing pages (moving on with your life lol) definitely has a value.

True....except I still check daily just to see if I made a good choice or not. So far, no contracts like the ones I've purchased have popped up (in my UY) so feeling good about it! And I'll feel even better once points hit my account and I can make a reservation!

The other day I canceled our placeholder week for June. I’ve already spent 2 lovely weeks at WDW this year plus another whole week in Florida doing other touristy things. Snowbird dreams coming true 😂. Now I’m back at the “fully loaded” level that I bought at. Next summer we can have a nice long stay and book a separate studio for the college age daughter and friends. That age group seriously loves wdw.

The other day I canceled our placeholder week for June. I’ve already spent 2 lovely weeks at WDW this year plus another whole week in Florida doing other touristy things. Snowbird dreams coming true 😂. Now I’m back at the “fully loaded” level that I bought at. Next summer we can have a nice long stay and book a separate studio for the college age daughter and friends. That age group seriously loves wdw.
Love it!! That is one of my goals, to be able to have my kids (HS and college age) bring some of their friends that otherwise wouldn't have the option to experience staying in a Disney resort. :cutie:

Wowzers! $103?! That’s an amazing price. Was it stripped? I don’t recall seeing it on the ROFR. I’m now thinking I should have offered less on my $116 completely unnecessary purchase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter