• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Noticing a lot of stripped contracts on resale.

Are there any short term options to unload points besides transferring to someone else? Might be selling one of our contracts but don't want to wait 7-11 months renting the points out before selling.
You could make a spec reservation that falls in the next month or so and place it up for rent for cheap. Even getting $10 or $11 per point for a reservation is more than you would get by leaving the points in the contract for the buyer.

You could make a spec reservation that falls in the next month or so and place it up for rent for cheap. Even getting $10 or $11 per point for a reservation is more than you would get by leaving the points in the contract for the buyer.
Do the rental companies do these or is that just strictly member to member? Little apprehensive to do a deal with a stranger online.

Do the rental companies do these or is that just strictly member to member? Little apprehensive to do a deal with a stranger online.
Check with David's. They have been excellent to deal with. I don't remember the details as I haven't used it - but there are some "firesale" rates for rentals that are pretty close.

Check with David's. They have been excellent to deal with. I don't remember the details as I haven't used it - but there are some "firesale" rates for rentals that are pretty close.

Those "firesales" don't charge much for points and it's less for the owners.

Those "firesales" don't charge much for points and it's less for the owners.
This is true. The seller has to weigh how much they can get for those points if they were to leave them untouched when they sell. Certainly, they can try to recover the MFs paid on those points from the sale. If the amount that the agency pays owners isn't enough to offset the dues plus any per-point premium they could get from resale, then it is much smarter to just sell as is without trying to move the points around. Personally, I would either do a transfer or try to rent the points out on my own before I considered going through an agency if I were in a position where I wanted to list and close ASAP. At the very least, I would take a last-minute trip to use those points up.

This is true. The seller has to weigh how much they can get for those points if they were to leave them untouched when they sell. Certainly, they can try to recover the MFs paid on those points from the sale. If the amount that the agency pays owners isn't enough to offset the dues plus any per-point premium they could get from resale, then it is much smarter to just sell as is without trying to move the points around. Personally, I would either do a transfer or try to rent the points out on my own before I considered going through an agency if I were in a position where I wanted to list and close ASAP. At the very least, I would take a last-minute trip to use those points up.

A different thought is that keeping the points there will likely help it sell faster and be little to no negotiation. It all depends on your ultimate goals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter