Nov/Dec 17 no resort availability?!

josefina022

Earning My Ears
Let me preface this by saying that we went to Disney staying onsite (at the Pop) the end of Nov/beginning of Dec in 2015 & booked our trip 30 days out. We also went this past January, staying onsite at the Pop & booked only 2 weeks out.

Now we are trying to plan a trip for this Nov-Dec and am not finding any resorts available for any dates that I look! We were thinking 4 nights, probably a Wed through Sun. However, the odd thing is, there seems to be availability for the Wed-Sun of Thanksgiving! Does anyone have ideas of what is going on?

I think at about 45 days out when people need to pay or cancel you will probably see some openings. But I'm not positive you can bank on that, you may also get luck if your willing to do a split stay.

I think it's a popular time to go and tons of people book and a few cancel.

Along with what's already been mentioned, between the following there are about 1,500 less regular rooms available on site as last year.

1. Removal of 9 buildings at CBR to make room for a new DVC resper.

2. Rooms at Pop and CSR taken out of inventory for refurbishments.

3. Conversion of regular rooms to DVC at Poly and WL.

I think at about 45 days out when people need to pay or cancel you will probably see some openings. But I'm not positive you can bank on that, you may also get luck if your willing to do a split stay.

I think it's a popular time to go and tons of people book and a few cancel.

Just FYI, full payment for packages is due 30 days out. It did used to be 45, I think it changed for 2016+ packages if I’m not mistaken.

We had the same problem. We decided last week to go over NJ teacher's convention for three nights. I could not find anything available except club level at a few deluxes. I ended up booking three separate reservations for All Star Music, All Star Music, and All Star Sports. I'm going to keep checking to hopefully get one reservation for three nights.

We had the same problem. We decided last week to go over NJ teacher's convention for three nights. I could not find anything available except club level at a few deluxes. I ended up booking three separate reservations for All Star Music, All Star Music, and All Star Sports. I'm going to keep checking to hopefully get one reservation for three nights.
I just cancelled music for Nov 9-10 and Nov 11-15 if any of those are dates you need

Keep playing with the dates.
I just booked a 2 night reservation within the last 5 days for the high peak Christmas period.
There is not a lot of availability at Disney's website but you might find more at a 3rd party site. Just keep in mind the restrictions that it might entail.

For some reason this year really seems to be booked up during holiday time frame. In 2015 we were able to easily get a 7 month opening at both AKL and Poly for a split stay. This year...nothing. Thankfully I booked our home resort at 11 month. I'm hoping that something frees up closer to our stay as I'd like to split our stay with AKL or one of the monorail resorts.

I was wondering about this too. We've been booked for the week after thanksgiving since May but we had some friends interested in joining us on those same dates and there is nothing available. I'm pretty flexible with my dates so I booked that week based on info gathered from sites that said it would be a quieter week. Does this unavailability change the thinking behind the Crowd Calendar?

We typically go the week before Thanksgiving and it looks like it is all booked up as well. I understand there being less rooms available this year for refurbs and additions. However I'm still surprised to see it this booked for that week. Maybe it's always this way and I just didn't know it.

Keep checking back. I initially only saw availability for an AOA room, then something opened up for POR, then something opening up at AKL. Keep checking multiple times a day. Our trip is early November and there was nothing available either when I first checked.

It has been like that for at least 2 months maybe longer. I was looking to add another room to our already booked trip (booked 6 months ago) and couldn't find anything. The odd one would pop up but in the end we decided not to bother. But yes, I was wondering what was going on with the completely booked out and it has been like that for months.

Going to be unusually busy this time.......I've been skeptical of any crowd calendar out there for a while now.

It's been slammed for October-December for the past few months. People have been asking about it a ton, if you scroll through the first couple of pages. Like others said, there's a lot going on, it's a popular time to go, some of the moderates are under construction so there are significantly fewer rooms. I decided to stay off site for December because of all this. You should always keep checking though, because people cancel all the time (especially the people who are hoping to apply a discount to a resort they can't afford).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter