November 19, 2005 Thanksgiving Magic Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyK

Earned my Ears and happy doing it
Hello to all our favorite cruises,

I figured I'd start this thread for my next cruise. Just got off the Magic Easter cruise with us rebooking for the Thanksgiving Magic cruise in 2005. 2 days at Castaway Cay, Hooray. That 10 % discount really makes it hard not to rebook.

So if your going with us lets start this thread going.

KennyK

I hate to live from vacation to vaction, but we're already SO looking forward to it!

And we just got off the Magic April 2nd...we sure had a great trip...

Thanksgiving with no dishes to wash, two days at Castaway Cay--what's not to like?

:D

:wave2:You can count us in. The rebooking agent must have been busy on the last few cruises. We did a quick Wonder trip and rebooked for the Thanksgiving 2005 cruise. Came home on Sunday and what is waiting in the mail but my confirmation letter. Can't wait to go.

I am with heart, this is the perfect cruise to pick - no dishes on Thanksgiving and 2 Castaway days.

Cheryl

Welcome "Heart and Stewy, Cheryl"

I agree with you whole heartedly. Thanksgiving will be so grand on the ship. It will be semi-formal night as it the second sea day.

Can't wait for it to be here.

Welcome again.

Kennyk

Melissa,

Welcome aboard, This should be real great having a bunch of great people on board. I love your trip reports so far, They are the best.

Going to the world any time soon. Looks like Dennis and us will be there at the same time. Week before labor day. It's the last week of summer vacation in the Northeast before school starts.

Kennyk

We will be there then end of June at WLV. We can't wait to see the fireworks for the 4th. And we are bringing Grandma. Should be a lot of fun.

Melissa
NeverlandClub:crazy:

KennyK--
Sorry we didn't meet up with you on the Easter cruise last week--we sort of lost track of the time Mon. afternoon and never made it to LeiLani's get together. What a fantastic week; it was our first cruise and we are hooked.

We didn't have a chance to rebook onboard as there was always a line and we were always so busy. We have a great quote on this Thanksgiving 2005 (sounds too far away...) cruise and will probably book it. We are just wondering, is the stop at CC instead of Key West fact or rumor? We would love a second day at CC and wouldn't really miss Key West. Any information???

Thanks and already looking forward to our next cruise!

Barbara

I was told they are trying new itineraries in response to guests comments. Most people have suggested skipping Key west for CC instead.
I can't wait.
Barbara, sorry we missed meeting you. Maybe in Nov '05.
Melissa
NeverlandClub

Thanks Melissa. I put the deposit down today so we are set! Nov. 2005 seems so far away but we booked this last cruise 19 months out so hopefully the time will go by quickly. Two days at CC sounds heavenly!

Barbara

Barbara,

Welcome aboard for the 2005 Thanksgiving cruise. As Melissa, stated. Yes in fact, that cruise will have 2 Castaway Cay days. There is a power boat regatta that takes place every Thanksgiving week at Key West and the docking piers are closed to cruise ships.

So two days at Castaway Cay. I am hoping that someone from this Thanksgivings 2004 trip will bring back the navigators so we can have a head start in planning our trip.

Welcome again from across the "sound"

kennyk

Ok, I miss talking to all my old Dis friends so I am warning you all now that I intend to do my level best to keep this thread on the first page for the next 19 months.

So, any thoughts on where we should all meet up?:hyper2:
I think we should get all the grown ups together and go to Palos!:cloud9: I love that place!
Anyway, missing you all. Can't wait for our next trip.:jumping1:

Melissa
NeverlandClub

It sounds like a few of you have already cruised together. I can start a list of everyone if you want. If someone already started a list, can you add us to it?

I will be traveling with my DH - Dave, DS - Lakewood (7 when we cruise). My name is Cheryl. We live in the Northeastern Maryland area, near Delaware. We have late dinner seating.

This will be our 4th cruise - we have cruised twice on the wonder and a 7 day western last May. Our previous cruises have been booked with very little wait time so having such a long countdown is hard. It will be nice to have the time to get to know my fellow cruisers though. Looking forward to the experience.

Cheryl

Melissa,

You know, that sounds great, maybe we can take over Palos for an evening for our Dis meet/ dinner or even brunch and I know LeiLani will die for their pizza. Yum it was so good for brunch, their shrimp, crab legs and their Traipani, YUM, YUM.

Then their desserts. You know we got so busy we forgot about going up in the evening and sitting at their bar and having a Chocolate Souffle. Oh well, maybe next time.

How's the redhead doing. Are the teeth getting better.

Loved your trip reports so far. Did you read LeiLani's, especially the last evenings, I can't believe what her daughter did.

Naughty, Naughty

I'm with you about keeping this going on the first page of the meets. I sure do miss everyone. I talk about it all the time at work. I wish I was back on the ship now. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and dream.

Stewy,

Haven't started a list yet but will shortly. We have a format from our last cruise and will use that as it worked great for everyone.

You know maybe we can try and link dining schedules also especially for use in late or early rotations. That way we can all sit together instead of diffrent dining rooms as last cruise.

Talk to everyone soon.

Kennyk

HI Cheryl
We're from Maryland, too!!! We live in Ellicott City but we have a beach house in Ocean City. Maybe we will meet up sometime prior to the cruise. Diana (Goodeguys) is from Ellicott City, too. Small world.

Kenny,
Love the idea about a big group in Palos. I too forgot about going up to the bar but fortunately we managed to eat there several times. What heaven.
Redhead is doing great. Happy to be home but eager to go back. BriarPatch is still teething. I swear she is getting molars already.
How is your lovely family? We miss you.

I read LeiLani's trip reports. I can only imagine Rich's face when he realized what his daughter has "forgotten". LOL

I am trying to finish up my trip reports and clean my house. No small task.
I usually try for APL rotation, I like how I get L on formal nights and PC on Mexicali night. We have to do early because of the kids.
I have decided to start with a monthly countdown as it makes the number smaller.

Let's keep this thread going and get to know each other.
Our cast-
me, 32
DH, Shawn,38
DS,Luc,11
DD,Braelynn,9
DD,Briesa (aka The Redhead),4
DD,Briar, (aka BriarPatch), 1 year on May 7
and loveable (if a bit forgetful) Grandma (aka Gracie Allen), 50 something

Melissa
NeverlandClub

Melissa,

I'm sorry, I got your two youngest mixed up. Here I'm calling Briar-patch redhead, Oh how wrong. I'm sure Redhead would not like that.

Anyway, We had LAP the last three times on Disney so I guess we're stuck with that rotation. We don't have any smaller children. Just Alex, grandson (11) and my daughter, Cindy (30) and of course my darling wife Mary (50??) and "grumpy" old me, Ken (50+).

We like the late seating because we don't feel rushed after relaxing in the afternoon or on doing excursions.

WE'll just have to see how we can arrange our meet at Palos, that would be real cool.

It is real hard getting back into the swing of things. I still wish I was on that cruise ship. maybe I need to get a job there. Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait. Unless "Tinker Bell" sends some pixie dust and allows me to book a shortly in between. Do I feel a winter cruise coming on.

All my best,
Ken

Ok, we are UN-officially going to join this thread. There is a SLIM chance we MIGHT change our ressie to the Thanksgiving 2005 cruise just because so many of our DIS friends from the Easter 2004 cruise have signed up for this cruise. A LOT will depend if I can get this week off from work. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Jeff & Betsy, aka Hans Solo

Here's wishing you some "Pixie Dust" '.'.'.'.'.' that you will be able to join us on the 2005 Thanksgiving cruise. And by the way, welcome "UN-offically" to our cruise meet thread"

Kennyk

We're kind of "in the same boat":boat: as Hans Solo. I would love to be on the Thanksgiving 2005 cruise, but it all depends on our school schedule. There is a teeny tiny possibility that our schedule will change, allowing us to swing the trip! Normally conferences are held those 2 days before Thanksgiving, but they are thinking about moving them to earlier in the month. If not, I hope you all take advantage of the onboard rebooking deal and book for Easter 2006, which will most likely be our next cruise!

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Kelly:teacher:

Kelly,

I have the perfect answer.

Your class will just have to book a dcl cruise on that Thanksgiving cruise so you can have your conferences on the ship. Best of both worlds, vaca and work (yuk).

Just kinding. Here's some "Pixie Dust"'.'.'.'.'." in making the school super. change the schedule so you can come along.

Kennyk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter