November 19, 2005 Thanksgiving Magic Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of California cruises.... I stopped by to say thanks for the warm welcome but we have decided to do the CA to FL repositioning cruise. At least my countdown timer dropped some days by changing dates.:D I hope you all have a great cruise.

Stewy,

Good luck on your new cruise. Sure wish I could do that also, but Thanksgiving it will be. Sorry you won't be sailing with us.

Kennyk:wave:

Kennyk,
I am sorry that I am going to miss out on cruising with a great bunch of people. I was kind of surprised that DH wanted to go on the 14 but when he said "book it" who am I to argue.:rolleyes:

FYI - I cancelled room 6634 - category 6 reclassified as a cat 7 - it has an obstructed verandah in case anyone is waitlisted for one of them.

Have a great trip.

Cheryl

I must say that 14 days sounds tempting, but.....it interferes with school for the kids, so I am going to keep looking forward to my November 2005 cruise and enjoy the other trips planned before it. And we are going to add in a just the two of us cruise before then.

Melissa
NeverlandClub:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi there!:wave:

DH, DD (who will be 11) and I just decided today that we (99.9% sure) we will sail the 'Thanksgiving Magic 2005' instead of the CA 7-day in May.

It will be our 4th Magic cruise!

I used to vow that I always wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with all of our extended family and not vacation anywhere. However, when I saw (maybe it was Kenny K?) post on the cruise line forum that it was a two-stop at CC, I acted fast! Now we're excited!

(I'm inviting my other family members to my house the week before to have an 'early' Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, cornbread dressing and sweet potatoes will taste just as good then, won't it?)::yes:: LOL!

Now we just need to phone in the deposit!

Mickeyhugger,

Just a point of info, I see you are sailing in 21 days, I would wait to book that cruise, Thanksgiving 2005 until you are on board as they are giving a 10% discount if you rebook on board and a $200 stateroom credit.

Kennyk

And welcome

Thanks KennyK!

Do you think my rate will increase between now and the time I cruise? Or were those skyrocketing record rates just for the repo and CA cruises?

I know I can't transfer my booking to Donna, yet I also can't believe they'll raise the Nov 2005 rates very much until then.:scratchin

I haven't checked the rates on our cruise lately but to give you some base line, we are paying for two adults in a cat 6, $3435.54.

This figure does not include insurance and transfers. It does include the 10% discount on the base fare, not government fees.

Hope this helps.

kennyk

edit: I just checked the Disney Cruise site and the price on this cruise has not gone up one (1) penny since I booked it on April 9th. So if it were me, I would wait and take the chance. I would print out a quote for the Cat you want, right before you leave home and use it as a guide to the price Donna will give you.

Good Luck,

KK

Thanks for the rate info!

We're paying 3500.00ish for two adults and 1 child in a cat 9. Maybe we'll hold out for the 10% and room credit once onboard!:D

BUMP

I am doing my part to keep us on page 1. Hope all is well with everyone. Chat with you soon.

Melissa
NeverlandClub:Pinkbounc

Hey Melissa,

Thanks, And I hope you had a terriffic Mothers Day:flower3:

You have such lovely kids.

I guess you're starting to get ready for your next adventure to Mickey's World. How's Grandma doing.

Ken
Kennyk

Thanks, Kenny!

We are hard at work finishing up the last weeks of school and getting the house ready for summer. Can't wait for our Disney trip. Grandma is doing fine, thanks for asking.

Hope you and yours are doing great!

Talk to ya soon,
Melissa

NeverlandClub:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Page 2 OH NO:sad:

Can't let that happen, Started summer job yesterday, Parking lot attendent for Local baseball team. Need that extra money to fiance all my Disney trips.

Hope everyone is well and settling in to a warm spring.

Kelly if you are out there, any word on next years schedule yet. Would really like to have you join us on the "magical" Thanksgiving cruise.

Ken

kennyk:duck:

Hi everyone! Thanks for thinking about me, Kenny! I probably won't know what we are going to do for a while. I'm just hoping everything works out because I would love to join you all on the cruise! We'll see!

Kelly:wave2: :boat:

Kelly,

Hi,

Thought you were still listening to this thread. Anyway, I'm still working on HHI for Easter, Have to convince the family first though. They want to go to WDW for end of April for F & G Show. Alex (GS) has off for whole week then so who knows, Maybe if I make enough $$ with summer job, I can swing both trips. Would really like to see all of you again, We really had a great time together and miss all the fun we had together.

Ken:wave:

I hope I did the right thing.

I let the deadline slip by for my deposit, as DH wants to wait until we're onboard (sailing in less than two weeks on 7-day Eastern:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc ) to book this and receive the 10% discount and room credit.

I hope we won't be quoted an outrageous price:eek: :scared: .

We were booked in a cat 9 for two adults and 1 child at 3500.00.

Please say your prayers for me.

I don't even want to call DCL for a new quote. I don't want anything to put a damper on my enthusiam for my upcoming trip.

Wish me luck! (For the quote, everyone knows whoever goes on DCL will have a great time!):teeth:

MickeyHugger,

You don't have to call DCL to get a quote, just go on line to www.disney.com, click on destinations then cruise line and follow the links for get price or reservations. It's easy and the price quoted on line will be exactly what would be quoted by a dcl rep NOT on the ship. Nice and private and gives you an idea on where you are at.

I would print it out before you sail and use it as a guide when you get price quote from Donna on board.

Kennyk

Just checking in with everyone! Check out my new countdown. Finally, a vacation alone!

Melissa
NeverlandClub:Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter