November 2017 Discount and Code watch

Well.........after calling twice with nothing (I wanted to change existing reservations) I went online and found the AKL savannah view with ~$100 off per night. Called again and the CM still couldn't see it. She suggested that I go ahead and book online, then call back to cancel the existing reservations. *sigh*

So, that is what I did and we now have both POFQ and AKL booked!! I think that I will call back tomorrow to cancel POFQ when the time waiting on the phone will hopefully be shorter.

Anyway...YAY!!! at least we were able to score a discount. We are paying more $$$ overall but we are staying in the AKL instead of the POFQ, which is nice!

Good luck everyone! Keep trying, as another poster once said "persistence pays off".

I found nothing for AKL or BWI for either of my dates. I think something is off with the system. 11/28-12/02 showed not one single room discounted at AKL. There's usually standard views available, just odd.

I would try again. I was just able to get AKL for Nov 27 - Dec 1, savanna view on the discount. It seems that sometimes you can get it online but not on the telephone with the CM's. Or at least that was my experience.

ETA: just checked and it is still available.

I held for another hour and nine minutes total. I finally got someone and they told me there's nothing available for my dates in November. I told her I don't understand because why would they put this offer out if you couldn't even get room availability before this offer went out!?!? Ugh.

Was anybody able to get any discount for Pop?

I held for another hour and nine minutes total. I finally got someone and they told me there's nothing available for my dates in November. I told her I don't understand because why would they put this offer out if you couldn't even get room availability before this offer went out!?!? Ugh.

OUCH!! that's a long time on hold!

I inquired but POP wasn't available for our dates (Nov 27- Dec 1). We were hoping for a lower rate than we had at POFQ. We ended up paying significantly more for AKL savanna view - I just can't pay rack rate if a discount is available at all!!! LOL!

Happy with AKL at nearly $100 per night discount, but would have preferred a nice value or moderate for this trip which is (supposed) to be the budget friendly trip!

To say discounts are scarce is an understatement. I feel lucky to have been able to get anything at all. Zero moderate availability and only suites at ASMu in the value category during our dates. I don't think that I have ever seen such a paucity of discounts on the day of release.

OUCH!! that's a long time on hold!

I inquired but POP wasn't available for our dates (Nov 27- Dec 1). We were hoping for a lower rate than we had at POFQ. We ended up paying significantly more for AKL savanna view - I just can't pay rack rate if a discount is available at all!!! LOL!

Happy with AKL at nearly $100 per night discount, but would have preferred a nice value or moderate for this trip which is (supposed) to be the budget friendly trip!

To say discounts are scarce is an understatement. I feel lucky to have been able to get anything at all. Zero moderate availability and only suites at ASMu in the value category during our dates. I don't think that I have ever seen such a paucity of discounts on the day of release.
My issue is that I already have resort reservations. So I know I have the room already. Why couldn't they apply the discount to my room??? Pisses me off.

Well.........after calling twice with nothing (I wanted to change existing reservations) I went online and found the AKL savannah view with ~$100 off per night. Called again and the CM still couldn't see it. She suggested that I go ahead and book online, then call back to cancel the existing reservations. *sigh*

So, that is what I did and we now have both POFQ and AKL booked!! I think that I will call back tomorrow to cancel POFQ when the time waiting on the phone will hopefully be shorter.

Anyway...YAY!!! at least we were able to score a discount. We are paying more $$$ overall but we are staying in the AKL instead of the POFQ, which is nice!

Good luck everyone! Keep trying, as another poster once said "persistence pays off".

Maybe I should call tomorrow to snap
Up your pofq

I was able to get one for Pop checking in November 5th! Hope you get a discount yet!

My issue is that I already have resort reservations. So I know I have the room already. Why couldn't they apply the discount to my room??? Pisses me off.

I know. It is sad. unfortunately, having the room already actually slightly reduces your chance of getting any discount. Disney offers discounts to sell off rooms that are not booked already. So, every room booked at a resort counts against the chance of getting a discount there. I think of it as an 'end of season' sale in a retail store where they are trying to sell slow moving items before the season (or expiry date) is over. The items already sold out aren't on sale and therefore can't be returned to get the sale price.

Maybe I should call tomorrow to snap
Up your pofq

I will post when I cancel (later today, after work). However, I am not sure if it goes immediately back into inventory. Good luck!!

I've tried checking availability, changing reservations, and calling in for our Nov 6-11 Pop reservations. Nothing with a code available, according to the CM I talked to. She said rooms went extremely fast and that she expects a lot of cancellations, so call back again. Was just odd the way she said it.

I was just on hold for over 30 minutes when they sent me to some random voicemail....... calling back again... I hate their technology.

I've tried checking availability, changing reservations, and calling in for our Nov 6-11 Pop reservations. Nothing with a code available, according to the CM I talked to. She said rooms went extremely fast and that she expects a lot of cancellations, so call back again. Was just odd the way she said it.

thanks for posting, I'm looking for Nov. 5th through 11th for a friend at Pop and this has been very frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter