November 2017 pre trip and trip reports

We made it!!! Got in around 1:00pm and we were assigned to the 2000 loop (2045). So far it’s pretty quiet! Got all set up and hit the pool. I think we’ll head up to the Settlement for dinner and hang out to watch HEA from the beach☺️. This may be a dumb question, but how do I post pictures on here? Thanks!!!

We made it!!! Got in around 1:00pm and we were assigned to the 2000 loop (2045). So far it’s pretty quiet! Got all set up and hit the pool. I think we’ll head up to the Settlement for dinner and hang out to watch HEA from the beach☺️. This may be a dumb question, but how do I post pictures on here? Thanks!!!

I believe you need to have 10 posts for pictures, then there is a button on the lower right side next to post reply that says upload a file. Click that and add your picture. Must be smaller than 1MB in size. In my case I need to resize all my pictures, to post as they come out of the camera at 5 and 6MB.

Welcome Cheers!

Like PaHunter says, your picture file size matters. It can be a LITTLE bigger than 1MB (but not 2MB+) and yes you need 10 posts before the system will allow you (give it about an hour after the 10th post to allow systems to update).

How are you taking pictures? Camera? Phone? Android or Apple? Did you bring a laptop/tablet?

I just got back and did straight from the Android phone for single photos in one post or I emailed them to myself, downloaded them, then used the "Upload A File" button PaHunter mentioned. I found it easier to type text and upload pictures with the email method.

Bama Ed

Well to wrap my my week at the Fort, Dad and I got home in 9h 45m which is pretty good while towing. We left at 630a and I saw Cosmic's car parked near the lobby entrance and ran in to say hello on our way out the door.

The last few days were warm during the day and humid in the evenings with a LOT of morning dew. With the higher temps than earlier in the week, there were some flying bugs again (not skeeters).

Halloween was a blast but hectic and the best part of the trip was meeting at least 15 DIS'sers during the stay.

The family and I will be back at the Fort briefly during Marathon week in January so I already need to make my FP+ reservations. Boy that was quick!

Thanks for your comments, likes, and suggestions.

Later. :wave:

Bama Ed

PS - I really like the mugs I brought home...

Welcome Cheers!

Like PaHunter says, your picture file size matters. It can be a LITTLE bigger than 1MB (but not 2MB+) and yes you need 10 posts before the system will allow you (give it about an hour after the 10th post to allow systems to update).

How are you taking pictures? Camera? Phone? Android or Apple? Did you bring a laptop/tablet?

I just got back and did straight from the Android phone for single photos in one post or I emailed them to myself, downloaded them, then used the "Upload A File" button PaHunter mentioned. I found it easier to type text and upload pictures with the email method.

Bama Ed
Thanks!!! Looks like I have a few more posts to do before I can post my pics! I’m just using my iPhone as my camera this trip.

Well to wrap my my week at the Fort, Dad and I got home in 9h 45m which is pretty good while towing. We left at 630a and I saw Cosmic's car parked near the lobby entrance and ran in to say hello on our way out the door.

The last few days were warm during the day and humid in the evenings with a LOT of morning dew. With the higher temps than earlier in the week, there were some flying bugs again (not skeeters).

Halloween was a blast but hectic and the best part of the trip was meeting at least 15 DIS'sers during the stay.

The family and I will be back at the Fort briefly during Marathon week in January so I already need to make my FP+ reservations. Boy that was quick!

Thanks for your comments, likes, and suggestions.

Later. :wave:

Bama Ed

PS - I really like the mugs I brought home...
Glad you got home safely! Sorry we missed you by a few hours! Maybe next time we can meet up!

Howdy neighbor! We're in 2036. Just look for the big white tarp over the picnic table.

I've been taking special DIS pictures on my phone by turning down the resolution to 2MP and then I can upload it straight to the boards. Hopefully that looks OK to you guys viewing at home on 27" curved UHD monitors!

Ed,

Glad to hear you and dad made it back safe and sound. Thanks for the pics and write ups. Great, as usual. Meeting up with 15 DISers is pretty special.

Cosmic and Cheers,

I appreciate you picking up the baton. Looks like you will be neighbors for a while. Have a great time and post as you can.

j

Ed happy to hear you got your dad home safe and sound. You getting to yours in the same condition is a big added bonus Thanks for all the great pics write ups really helping to get us excited for our up coming trip

Howdy neighbor! We're in 2036. Just look for the big white tarp over the picnic table.

I've been taking special DIS pictures on my phone by turning down the resolution to 2MP and then I can upload it straight to the boards. Hopefully that looks OK to you guys viewing at home on 27" curved UHD monitors!
Cosmic-
That’s awesome!!! You’ll have to let us know when you’ll be around and hopefully we can meet up. This should be my 10th post, so I should be able to post pics soon. I’ll check out turning down the resolution. Thanks for the tip!!

Well, we hit the parks hard today. How hard? We got to MK at 8, and I'm typing this on the green flag boat to the Fort at 11:35. My wife and I shared a moment where we were talking about something that happened in the morning, and we both agreed that it felt like we had already been in the parks for more than one day... That was five hours ago! I think we crammed 2.6 days of fun into this one day. Knocked out almost all of the long-wait rides in MK and the fireworks, and also hopped over to DAK to do EE, Dinosaur, Finding Nemo the Musical, the Boneyard, Triceratops Spin, and ITTBAB. The only long-line ride we didn't get to in MK was Space (Splash is still closed), and we did a couple of things twice. Also stopped at Contempo Cafe to take advantage of the refillable mugs. DS4 was the reason to go to DAK; he's super into dinos. And DS4 handled everything we threw at him... The biggest thrills were 7D, BTMRR, and Dinosaur, and he came off happy at each. Philharmagic is one of my absolute faves, and he had a blast with it; I think it was his first 3D experience.

Probably spent more time applying and reapplying sunscreen today than we did in any line. I can't wait for the cooler weather in a few days!

@Cheers for ears I know I walked past your site because we walked that whole half of the loop on the way from the bus stop, but I could not read a single site number the whole time because it was 12:10AM. But I was waving. :)

This is my best memory's recollection of what we did today:
Seven Dwarfs
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Philharmagic
Carrousel
Haunted Mansion
BTMRR X2
Jingle Cruise
Magic Carpets x2
Pirates
Tiki Room
Buzz X2
TTA
Astro Orbiter
Sorcerers of the MK
Fireworks

EE
Boneyard
Dinosaur
Triceratops Spin
Finding Nemo the Musical
ITTBAB

25 attractions! Me tomorrow... :crutches:

Saturday was AK day. It was an early opening and we were in Pandora by 8:30 am, the line for Flight of Passage was massive so we rode Na'vi River Journey, which my daughter playfully called the Amazon on Acid. We were able to walk on EE and Kilomajaro Safaris , as well as, walk both the African and Asian Trails.
A quick drive for some retail therapy at the Loop and groceries at Publix before returning to the RV for BBQ hamburgers. The highlight of the day was a quick visit with Bama Ed. See you again in January Ed!
Fastpasses that evening were at AK where we experienced Na'vi River again, Dinosaur and watched Rivers of Light. Back to Fort Wilderness for early to bed.

Sunday was DH's 50th Birthday so we were off to MK. The day began with rides on BTMRR, PoTC, Jingle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. The monorail was taken to the Contempory where we took a bus to Disney Springs for lunch at Art Smith's Homecoming. The meal was good, but portions are large, we rolled away stuffed. After such a large meal we needed to shop/walk around Disney Springs and we also walked back to the 400 loop from the Outpost.
Following naps induced by our food comas we returned to MK for Fastpasses for SDMT, BTMRR, and Space Mountain. We also were able to enjoy Philharmagic, Under the Sea, and Monster's Laugh Floor.
Back home to our beds.

@Cheers for ears I know I walked past your site because we walked that whole half of the loop on the way from the bus stop, but I could not read a single site number the whole time because it was 12:10AM. But I was waving. :)

This is my best memory's recollection of what we did today:
Seven Dwarfs
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Philharmagic
Carrousel
Haunted Mansion
BTMRR X2
Jingle Cruise
Magic Carpets x2
Pirates
Tiki Room
Buzz X2
TTA
Astro Orbiter
Sorcerers of the MK
Fireworks

EE
Boneyard
Dinosaur
Triceratops Spin
Finding Nemo the Musical
ITTBAB

25 attractions! Me tomorrow... :crutches:
Wow!! You guys covered a ton of territory!!!! Sounds like an amazing day!

So, yesterday was check and and set up. We spent the evening at the pool, then caught a bus up to the settlement for some pizza. Then we walked over to the beach to catch the fireworks from HEA. They were so old! Can’t wait to see the show in it’s entirety!
The files of the pics I took are too big. I’ll mess around with my settings to see if I can get any to load!

Today we went to ‘Ohana for breakfast. It was sooo good! The characters were fun. Even my 10 yr old DS, who hasn’t been into characters for a while was fanboying over Stitch . We left stuffed and headed over to check out the character outlets. We found a few things. I scored huge with 2 Mickey themed workout tops for $4 each!!! On the way home, we stopped by the grocery Got back to the campsite and chilled for a while. Right now we’re at the campfire enjoying some s’mores and waiting for the sing along and movie. Tomorrow we’re going to Universal. This will be our first visit there. I’m curious to see how it compares to WDW. Hope everyone is having a good time and/or packing for your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter