• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2017 pre trip and trip reports

Well the Veterans Day weekend has hit the 2000 loop hard! We now have an average of about 3 vehicles and 17 children per site. The difference from when we left at noon on Friday to when we got back at five was like night and banana. Hopefully, we get our nice, quiet loop back on Monday. None of these people seem to be going to the parks, so maybe they're just locals stopping in for the holiday.

You will get your loop back on Monday, Cosmic. Actually Sunday afternoon I would think.

That kind of thing is why I no longer book a Tent/pop-up site at the Fort although I have a pop-up. This is "the locals" or quasi-locals coming in and camping during the time of year that's moderate for tent camping. My casual observation was also a lot of sites with multiple tents and multiple cars on them because multiple families are sharing the site (since they can take 10 people). When I was there for Halloween and looped through 2000 that's what hit me. If each family only pays one-third of the site rate, what a DEAL!

1500 can get that way too but since it's smaller with fewer sites, it doesn't feel quite as bad.

Hope you are having a great trip thus far though. Hate I had to run out so quick the day you checked in.

Bama Ed

PS - love the updates - keep them coming. :thumbsup2

PPS - and Terri thanks for the pictures. Happy Birthday! :cake:

Agreed. We have to clean the floors as yeti pees as soon as I pour the warm water on him. That might be TMI, but it is hysterical when you are washing a dog.

Terri, I think your site is perfect! Huge spot and full of mature shade trees. I love it! We have stayed in the 1800 loop once a few years back and then the rest of the trips have been in the 1500 loop. While looping this past trip, we decided out of the four that the 1900 loop around the back half and an outer spot would be ideal for us. Mainly because it looks really low-key and private and huge space! It appears you have our ideal of a perfect spot. What loop do you prefer out of those clover loops and why? Any reason to not love 1900?

Thanks for posting all the pictures, I seen some posted to fb too!

We love where this site is located, it's on the very back of the loop, so only woods behind us. Only negative with the 1900 loop is most of the sites have a drop off on each side of the pad and drive way, like ours has about 4 in drop then it slopes down, so you have to be careful not to fall, lol. I seem to be bound to sprain an ankle before this trips over. 1700 is our favorite so far because the sites a very wide and level. I requested the 1700, but we checked I now so late, it was full.

Last edited:
Terri, I think your site is perfect! Huge spot and full of mature shade trees. I love it! We have stayed in the 1800 loop once a few years back and then the rest of the trips have been in the 1500 loop. While looping this past trip, we decided out of the four that the 1900 loop around the back half and an outer spot would be ideal for us. Mainly because it looks really low-key and private and huge space! It appears you have our ideal of a perfect spot. What loop do you prefer out of those clover loops and why? Any reason to not love 1900?

Thanks for posting all the pictures, I seen some posted to fb too!

That's the easiest way I can post pictures here using my tablet. I take pictures with my phone, post to FB on phone, then when I bring up FB on tablet, I can save the photos on the tablet then next post here.

After our morning walk to the WL we headed over to Epcot to eat ourselves around the world. DS goal was to eat something from each kiosk, well we didn't quite make it, lol. It amazing how full you can get just eating sample size portions. This was the busiest I have seen it in years, especially at 11 am and in the rain! Luckily the rain was light and didn't last long. After we headed over to MK to watch the flag ceremony. I think we rode more Disney transportation today than we have in past trips combined. Boat, monorail, monorail, monorail, boat, boat, bus. Don't ask, let's just say we probably didn't take the fasted most direct route to any destination, lol.
IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0834.JPG IMG_0835.JPG IMG_0836.JPG IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0839.JPG IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0842.JPG IMG_0843.JPG

Wait a minute...

Is this what I think it is!?

Nobody figured this out!?

EAST BOUND AND DOWN...

Be careful on the way down man. Way to pull off a surprise.

So this whole time, he hasn't been postin cuz he's been packin?

Agreed. We have to clean the floors as yeti pees as soon as I pour the warm water on him. That might be TMI, but it is hysterical when you are washing a dog.
That almost sounds as much fun as taking te girls for pedicures Maggie would crawl into my lap and pee all over me. Made sure I never wore clean pants when we went if I didn't have Bluefish foul weather gear

Wait a minute...

Is this what I think it is!?

Nobody figured this out!?

EAST BOUND AND DOWN...

Be careful on the way down man. Way to pull off a surprise.
You know S. Alabama 5er far better than I do but could " But there's BEER in TexArkana and they're thirsty in Atlanta" Just an alternative theory

That rest area in Ocale is mile marker 346 Randy, just a few miles south of Ocala. From there, it's almost exactly an hour to the Fort.

I appreciate you looking that up for me. That's where were going to stop for the night. In the morning we'll make it the rest of the way in.

Truck isn't liking the new camper as far as the fuel mileage. Was getting 7.3 mpg at 70 mph.. Slowed to 65 and now getting 8.5.

Garneska, we are heading out Saturday morning..we'll just miss you. Hate we won' see you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter