Now I don't know if I should cancel Yourride? Please help!

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
After just reading the post Warning...about Youride, I'm having second thoughts. It really looked like the owner was hiding under another name and flamed that customer. Should I go with a bigger company like Tiffany or Happy Limo? Do they have better reputations? Has anyone ever had any bad experiences from Tiffany? We have 5 in our party (3 children), thanks.

I can't tell you anything about Yourride, because I've never used them. But I can tell you that Tiffany is fabulous! We have used them on six different trips and have never had one problem. In fact, they have always gone out of their way to be helpful, friendly, professional, etc. We will definately use them again the next time we fly down. We wouldn't dream of starting our trip off any other way.

If you decide to go with Happy Limo, I can share my experience that in many uses (we visit WDW and also do a Disney cruise about once every 8 weeks), they have been great. Always on time, which is especially important on the rare occasions when I get stuck with an early flight after the cruise. Nice vehicles, too...a couple trips back, we were upgraded to their new stretch limo on the way back from our cruise, and it was GORGEOUS! My hubby posted some photos on our website at www.castawayclub.com
If you have a big group, that stretch would be great. I just booked our upcoming cruise with Happy, including a weird combo of "trip legs" (we are going to Discovery Cove for a few hours and then back to the airport), and the confirmations had it all correct.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks Gem and Barb, very helpful. We don't necessarily need a limo (we use one every trip to get into Boston airport because its all they have), all we really need is a van to carry all 5 of us. Now here's the question, which is cheaper, Happy or Tiffany? Do they have those coupons for 5.00 of online?

I think that if you do a search you will see that there have been good and bad reviews about all of the town car services. A lot of people swear by Tiffany, I have used them twice with no problems, but there have been people that have posted that they were forgotten at the airport or not picked up at the hotel. The same has been said about Happy Limo and Yourride.
I do not think that any company has a perfect record. If something does go wrong the companies have tried to compensate the person.
Most people have said very good things about Yourride.

While I haven't made my reservations yet, I too am looking for a reliable company. After having read that thread ( and posted in it), I have absolutely ruled out yourride. You asked for opinions about what you should do. My opinion is I would cancel the reservations immediately. I think we're going to use Tiffany, I rarely see a negative post about them and I've certainly never seen them pull the stunt yourride did.

Most people have said very good things about Yourride.

I don't think the problem is the negative comments made by the op in that thread. You're right, you will usually find good and bad about almost every company. What makes this different is that apparently the owner came onto these boards under an assumed ID and attacked the op. Then he came in under his own ID and did the same thing.

I tend to agree Peachgirl. That really turned me off too. I don't see too many negative comments on Tiffany either. I just need to compare prices now.

I completely agree with you peachgirl. I read that other thread and couldn't believe what I was reading - not a very reputable company.

I have used Tiffany in the past and had the same problem on two separate occasions - they never showed up!! So I was out looking for a very reliable and reputable company at a fairly decent price.

I had made a reservation with yourride and I ALWAYS compare other companies to see where I can get the best deal. Well, I stumbled upon another company called "Art's Shuttle" and that is who we have our transfers with - they were the least expensive and the most courteous each and every time I have called them to change things and also to confirm and reconfirm our reservations. They provide car seats (infant, toddler and booster) free of charge and also a grocery stop!!

Their web address is artsshuttle.com.

I had never heard of this company before and are going to give them a try. I posted a thread on this board as well as the Cruise Line board and Dave_From_Marietta (who is very reputable source on the cruise line board) said they are a very reputable company and they deal with many major hotels.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

Well

I have used both companies. We had a bad experience with Tiffany and 2 great experiences with Yourride.

Our driver from Tiffany rearended a car at a red light, told the other driver he would exchange papers in a parking lot and took off with us in the car. At no time did the driver ask us if we were alright, and he never apologized or anything.
We laugh about it now, but at the time I though the police were going to pull us over and ruin our day. Funny what seems important at the time. Tiffany's sent us a different driver for the return trip, but I have lost confidence in them.

We have had great luck with Yourride, would use them again and again.

I guess it just depends on the luck of the draw on who your driver will be.

Patty

I agree with helenk. Do we have any proof that 'Rabbit' replied under a fictitious name? I do not know him, but I believe a person is innocent until they are proven guilty. We booked our group with 'Yourride' some months ago for our Dec trip. We have all intentions of fulfilling our end and we believe he will too. I have had phone and email convos with Rabbit and found him to be very professional, friendly, knowlegdable and helpful. I hope it all works out for his company.

Patty, have you checked out the thread about "Warning" and saw what happened?

Now I don't know what to do. Good, bad, everyone has varying opinions. Is there anyone consistently good out there?? I wonder.

4nana - I think if you read the thread you will see the proof!! I think it is too much of a coincidence with the spelling and punctuation.

Peachgirl spells it out in her response!!

I agree with helenk every company has good an bad reviews - that is part of being in business - you can't please everyone all of the time - BUT being a reputable company you should be able to handle the good with the bad and try to make good on the bad - not attack someone under another screen name.

Hey "if you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen" is what I have to say to yourride.

Lisa

If you read enough posts over a long enough period of time, you will find many good posts about Tiffany, Your Ride, and Happy Limo, and a few bad posts about the same. No one can be 100% reliable but these three companies seem to do a pretty good job. I remember a string of bad posts about Tiffany a while back but most posts are overwelmingly in their favor.

All that said, I used Tiffany and was extremely pleased with their service. However, I would not promise that you wouldn't have a problem with them!

Roll the dice and choose one.
Peggy

Do we have any proof that 'Rabbit' replied under a fictitious name?

If your question was directed at me.....
The op asked for opinions on what she should do about her existing reservations and so I gave my opinion. It's up to her to judge the opinions she receives and give them whatever weight she thinks is appropriate. If you haven't read the thread we are speaking of, perhaps you might want to. If you have and disagree that's fine, but I won't debate here whether my opinion is right or not. That will only result in this thread being closed and I don't want to see that happen. I truly hope you have a wonderful vacation and are very satisfied with all your choices. :D

Jillpie....All you can do, imo, is check out each company and go with the one you feel most comfortable with. Remember there are hundreds and hundreds of people posting on these boards. You will never find a company that someone, somewhere hasn't had a bad experience with. Not to say those complaints aren't valid, but no one can guarantee nothing will go wrong. I'm just going to avoid those that in my opinion I can't trust, pick one, and hope for the best! Good luck with your search!

My inner voice "tolled" me to cancel and re-book Tiffany, so that is what I did. I was literally sick to my stomach reading the other thread. We have used TTC 2x in the past and have always been happy, but I thought since Your Ride was a sponsor here and TTC wasn't anymore, I would try them out. Nope-I changed my mind.:smooth:

Despite the negatives I've read on Tiffany, I think that's going to be our choice. We are bringing a LOT of luggage and I didn't think a towncar would handle it, so I emailed them. They responded in less than an hour, so that impressed me! They suggested using a van and they only charge $95 for a van which is less than Happy or FLTours($105). Also, both FLTours and Happy say they include automatic tips. Happy charges $10 ea. way, FLTours is 20%. Happy also charges an $8 MK resort fee. Tiffany's site seems pretty clear that there is no MK resort fee, but does anyone know if they automatically include a tip?

They have never included it when we used them. It has been 2 years since the last time, but I have not heard that they do like the other two you mentioned. I even read that the drivers of the other companies pressure you for a tip even though it is included!

Carrieberrie....Thanks. I've read that complaint too. Funny, I've always read that Tiffany was the more expensive, but when you add in the resort fee it just about evens out. Also, I discovered an $8 coupon in my PassPorter I ordered so now I really feel like I'm getting a bargain! Oh, and let me correct myself...the automatic gratuity at Happy is $10 ea way for sedans, 20% for limos and FLTours seems to automatically include a tip for the limo.

Really? $8? That is a good coupon! I think I might have to get a Passporter. It was invaluable for me a couple of years ago. I was just going to use a regular notebook this trip, but with the coupon in there I think I will buy one now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter