Now I don't know if I should cancel Yourride? Please help!

I didn't even know it was there, I just happened to be flipping through and found it. Aren't they just the greatest things? I ordered a 2000 edition that they were offering for free other than the shipping cost and fell in love with it. So then I had to have the deluxe edition. Next year all I have to do is buy the refill kits. I just love 'em! Oh, the coupon expires in 3/03 but I see you're going long before that.

Thanks to all of you. I was so disappointed after reading that thread today ("Warning), we had been all set with yourride, and this had to happen. I have no doubt he was under another name now and the way he was speaking to his customer that way, I just don't want that to potentially happen to us. I understand that each company has its ups and downs, but that was just inexusable. I will do some more research tomorrow, I have a feeling we'll be going with Tiffany.

There has never been proof that Rabbit wrote the post that some of you refer to! If you have read the posts long enough, you will see that there are positives and negatives to all companies, but to be casting stones just because you were "tolled" that because someone used the same incorrect spelling it HAD to be written by the same person...? Really! We had a great experience with Yourride, and a horrible experience with Mears. I have not posted on our bad experience in the past with Jim from Mears simply because I assume that it was just the driver we "drew". He was opinionated to a fault, and totally obnoxious. He was very rude about my sister's heavy suitcase to the point that we chose to go with another company for our most recent trip. Roger from Yourride was outstanding! Always helpful, friendly, on time (usually WAY early), and just a good experienced driver! Have you all perfect grammer, spelling, and work records? Have you noticed the number of people complaining about everything from food to lines for attractions to transportation? Please think before you speak and always remember the golden rule...your words can carry very far...especially via a computer network! Nice goes a long way!

To all.
I have never been on the DIS boards under any "Fictitious" name!! The only name I Have is Rabittsz and thats the only name I use!!...Thank You... Rabbitsz

Originally posted by dulluth
Nice goes a long way!

So does being rude and nasty! A company could have the greatest service, but when the owner of that company is very rude and nasty...it tends to turn off a lot of people. There is no doubt in my mind that that post was from Rabittsz, IMO.
edited for sarcasm.

dulluth...

It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience with a driver. I certainly hope you reported it to the people in charge at Mears. I've read more negative reports on them than positive but I'd be interested in knowing how they handle complaints from unsatisfied customers.

dulluth....Amen!

Rabittsz, the 'Md. Lady' says to 'hang in there'!
We'll see you Dec. 13
:smooth:

There is just no way that I personally believe that post could have ever been from anybody besides that person under another name. I have seen lots and lots of spelling mistakes here (and made a lot myself) but I have never seen anybody in my life write the word "told" and spell it "tolled". To see it come up that many times in one thread under two different posters' names was plenty proof enough for me.:rolleyes:

Well, my DW and I used YourRide on October 17th for what was supposed to have been a stretch limo ride from Orlando International Airport to the AKL. We booked them based upon the glowing reports on the DIS boards. I wish I could add another "glowing report", but based on my personal experience I'm not sure if we would book YourRide in the future.

This trip was planned as a second honeymoon and to celebrate still being alive after 10 heart surgeries in the last 3 years. With that in mind, I didn't think getting a stretch limo would be too extravagant. Here is what happened:

Our driver, Jim (a good guy, pleasant and courteous) was a little late meeting us at the baggage claim. No big deal, United Airlines apparently gave him some incorrect arrival data for our flight. When I presented the coupon from the YourRide website, Jim told me it was only valid on "round trips." Sure enough, thats what it said on the thing. Somehow I had gotten the impression from Rabbit (probably my mistake) that it could still be used, but only valid for half value... since we were only doing a one way trip. Again, no big deal.

We went outside and waited while he brought the car around. He drove up in a beautiful white TOWN CAR - not the limo we reserved with Rabbit. Jim apologized and explained that he didn't handle the booking, he just picks up who he is told to pick up. Fair enough. There really was nothing that could be done at this point, so we enjoyed the ride out to AKL and Jim's company. I admit I was very, very disapointed about not getting the limo, but hey, its still better than Mears!!! And, I just saved about $50. If I wanted to nitpick, I'd mention the car was just a little dirty inside... crushed potato chips in the cupholders and carpet, black film on the dome light and other interior surfaces from previous passengers. Gross, but it wasn't terribly bad, not enough to make a person go "eeeewwwww." And Jim had chilled ice water ready for us.

The ride to the hotel was pleasant and surprisingly brief. Its wonderful to go directly to your hotel and not do the Mears tour of half the hotels at WDW. Yes, I'm exaggerating... Mears isn't that bad. It just seems that way. :D I thought I had reserved the car with a credit card, which would be billed when we took our trip with YourRide. Thinking this, I tipped Jim in cash and DW and I went into the awesome AKL lobby with the concierge person who met us outside. While the disney person was telling us about the various hotel features, Jim walked back up and kindly explained that there was a problem with my payment of the bill. He said I needed to pay for the entire trip in cash. I couldn't fully understand his explanation about why my credit card wasn't going to be billed, that it would be possible but very difficult to do, I don't know. I was a little embarrassed, what with DW, the concierge and the folks at the bell desk looking on with the looks of "is there a problem here?" or "hey look, a deadbeat is checking into the hotel!" Lucky me, I had the cash to cover the full cost of his tip and the towncar.

If payment in cash were required, it would have been nice to know in advance. I was never told special provisions had to be made in advance to pay by credit card. The worst scenario my DW and I discussed would be paying in cash AND getting billed on the credit card. Jim certainly did not seem like the type of person who would do something so dreadful. I'm pleased to say (at the time of this writing) there is no sign that we got double billed. I want to clearly state that both Jim and Rabbit impress me as people of integrity.

The disapointments & difficulties I experienced on October 17 with YourRide are troubling to me. Yet I would like to beleive that it was just chance, Murphy's Law run a-muck, or perhaps all the bad luck for our vacation squeezed into a few moments at the very start of it, to get it out of the way at the beginning. The rest of our vaction was in fact "charmed."

The advice I'd give to those who have ressies with Rabbit would be NOT to cancel them, but perhaps just confirm that you are getting the car you think you are getting, and get the method AND process of payment precisely determined. Sometimes in a business, everything goes wrong, and goes wrong all at the same time. If this happens rarely, its bad. If it happens all the time, its bankruptcy.

Darian

Just an FYI -

Art's Shuttle does not automatically add in the gratuity!! You pay the gratuity based on the service you receive.

Lisa

Good and bad experiences happen everywhere and with anything, I can tell you that if for everytime I heard something bad about an airline ( and that costs a heck of a lot more money too ) I decided not to use them , I wouldn't fly at all.

It's not hearing about a bad experience with Yourride that troubles me and will keep me from ever using them. I might have considered them for our next trip, despite hearing any negative reports, if I had not seen what was going on with that other thread. It was so totally obvious.

Would I book a towncar company even though a few people had some minor problems with them? Yes. Would I book a towncar company whose owner was caught behaving in a sneaky, rude, unprofessional manner toward a customer? No.

You don't have the proof....let's not accuse anyone without having the actual proof, assumptions don't work.

We used Yourride when we came to Diseny back in May and we had no problems. We had two small children and requested two car seats and they were in the van both ways. The grocery stop was great and I can't complain at all. Our driver was on time and was even waiting with a sign at the airport. We are coming back in December and I plan on booking them again. As someone said before it's truly the luck of the draw.

Also I think I need to respond to CarolMN who said "I rarely give much weight to the opinions of someone with only a few posts." I on the other hand give credit to those individuals because I am one of them. I only respond when I think something needs to be said. I read faithfully but don't feel the need to respond to every post. It's not about the number of posts you have but what you have to say.

Sorry to everyone else - I also needed to vent.

I think the fact that the two posters had identical writing styles and that the other poster was a brand new poster, does prove that it was Rabbitt. I was appalled and will not use him again. In fact, I think the DIS should replace him as a sponsor. He's lost total credibility with me.

Actually, there is quite a simple way to check if the poster(s) in question are one in the same. A moderator can check the IP addresses of the posts and see if they match or are very close.

I would be very surprised if it was Rabbitt. He has been very helpful to me, through my many emails and questions. He was very prompt in returning my first inquiry email, while TTC and Happy took a lot longer. I am looking forward to my first experience with yourride and I have a feeling that it will be awesome!

Well, I think the great thing is that there are many transportation companies to choose from-Yourride is only one of them. I know that I and a lot of other DISers were very turned off by that post. You can't hide grammatical intonations like Rabbitz. Very, very unprofessional. I think the moderators should look very closely into it.

I have ressies with Yourride in December, and guess what? I'M KEEPING THEM! If I listened to everyone who well-meaningly told me "This is bad", or "That was no good", I would never leave my house. Everyone is different, people's opinions vary, and that is why ice cream comes in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry (to quote my uncle). Not only that, but I am a firm believer in The Benefit of the Doubt. There are more than two sides to every story. I will wait and form my own opinion.

Irregardless of any other actions, the berating of a customer who is simply posting a negative experience is, imo, enough of a reason for me not to use them. Also, I don't like the practice of running down one's competition in a public forum. Both have happened, and more than once. It strikes me as very unprofessional and for those reasons alone I wouldn't use their service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter