O.K., gang ... we are officially a "Crocs" family!

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I just ordered "generic" crocs for my kids off Payless.com. They are on sale for $10.99 for the kids and $8.99 for toddler size. I got three pair of pink one's for my girls for $33. If you ship them to your local payless and pick them up in the store there is no shipping fee. That way if they don't fit right, Payless will immediately refund your money in the store. Payless version is made by Airwalk. I bought some airwalk sandals last week in the store for $5.99 and they are very comfortable. I just don't like to spend $30+ per pair on my kids shoes, unless it's their school tennis shoes that they have to wear everyday.

Yep...I tried the Payless version too and tho I don't have any of my own Crocs to compare them with, they really seem to feel the same. I love wearing mine for gardening ! Not sure if I will ever wear them out in public or not...because they truly ARE ugly, but I might take them to Disney World just in case.

Has anyone walked in them (like at the parks) for LONG LONG days and found them comfy? With or without socks?

Congrats Wedway my wife had a pair and wore them for a month but they didn't feel very comfortable she said. She also thought they made her feet really hot and sweaty so they went in the garbage but she gave them a try just didn't work for her. They have not been selling very well here I guess we are all to sceptical of them LOL.

I ordered the Beach model thru the Croc's website in the Spring. They "only" took 3 weeks to be delivered. I've had foot problems (PT, steriod injections, orthodic insoles, etc.). These are the first shoes I've ever worn where my feet don't hurt at the end of the day. That said, they're the ugliest and hottest shoes I've ever worn. They also have a tendency to attract dust & dirt, but I throw them in the shower each time I wear them.

I ordered the Nile model also thru Croc's, but canceled after waiting over 2 months without an anticipated ship date. A on-line company in Denver had them out to me in less than a week. They feel different than the Beach model, I keep tripping. IMO they're not as comfortable and have a serrated footbed that irritates the bottom of my feet when I wear them for several hours. Hopefully, I'll get used to them - at least they're cooler than the Beach model.

I tried the Payless "knockoffs" for poolside footwear during my recent vacation as I was afraid to lose my "real" ones. My feet started to ache again after wearing them.

These look like the shoes all us nurses have been wearing in the hospital for years ! And "YES" most of us wear socks calypso*a*go*go :teeth:

My family is now a Crocs family!!! Dh has his on all the time now. Dd is on her second pair. They are the only thing she wears and I alternate between my purple ones and my sage green ones. We took 3 pairs of shoes each to WDW with us last month....only the Crocs were worn!!! Ugly? Sure, but oh so comfy. My other kids (grown up and out of the house now) just shake their heads and wonder what has happened to us; But I tell them that I am sooooo far past having to wear 'cute' shoes...comfy all the way. And to think that we wore those Crocs, all day, every day in WDW. My feet and knees have never been happier!!!!

stingmom said:
Thanks Candace! :flower: I was not aware they came in different widths! The store we saw them at had all one style and no kids sizes. I was wondering if the kids sizes might be narrower also?

FYI...CROCS Nile...the sandal version also comes in the sizes, whole sizes only, but tend to run a bit more narrow. My Dsis has the narrow feet of the two of us so she ended up with the Nile. I bought both and found the Beach style fit my wide foot better. If Dsis wore the same size as I did, I'd just give her my Niles, but she bought the 7 where I bought the 9.

We are a family of Beach CROCS...DH, DS and I all have them in kahki and love them. I just can't make up my mind if I want to buy a pair of the Metro...closed top with air vents on the sides only...for colder weather.

As for the person who was interested in the CROCS for their boat...they will be great! The CROCS website says the shoes were designed with just that in mind. I wore mine for 6 days at WDW the first week of June and we had rain daily...not a problem! I didn't have any slippage and walked through the 2 inch puddles and my feet dried within 10 minutes or so.

If you check www.crocs.com you can use the store locator to find a store near you. I strongly encourage you to try on a pair before buying them...some folks have said even different pairs will fit differently even if the same size...might have to do with some are made in Canada while others are made in China.

Thanks Laura, I went and ordered a set of metros. I ordered them from their website and it warns it could take weeks... I hope it doesnt take very long as I am going in late August, and would like to beat on them a little before I go.

I love my crocs. I bought them just to test out and figured if I didn't like them , I could just use them as garden shoes Now, you can't get them off my feet! I wear them EVERYWHERE!

aengus said:
Thanks Laura, I went and ordered a set of metros. I ordered them from their website and it warns it could take weeks... I hope it doesnt take very long as I am going in late August, and would like to beat on them a little before I go.

Glad to help! I hope they get to you before your trip! Let us know if the Metro get too hot...it's one of my concerns, but am thinking more for winter wear around here.

After emailing and calling and putting pressure on those crocs guys :) My metros arrived about a week ago. After a week of wearing them around the house and on the boat I have to tell you guys that these things rule!!!! thanks so much for the tips. BTW they are not too hot (its been 95 and humid for much of the week). I am very excited to have these for my upcoming trip and you have all been helpful as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter