October 11-18, 2008 Eastern Magic-Parrothead Pirates in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveandtonya

We're starting to love this cruising stuff!!
Just booked the October 11, 2008 to October 18, 2008 Eastern magic. 2 adults and 2 kids--- dd 13 and ds 11 at time of sailing. This will be our 3rd and in the same stateroom too. Sailing with good friends that are rookies but will soon be hooked like everyone else. Who else is coming?

Steve

We just wanted to let everybody know that we are the Disney cruisin rookies who will be setting sail with steveandtonya on Oct.11 2008. We are really excited about the trip, just wish it was sooner!!! :banana: :banana: We can use any tips and advice you veterans have to offer.

We're going!:cool1:
2 adults DH & myself
3DS 15,11,5 at sail time
DM
DD (is that disney Mom & Dad)
We went on the Wonder 4 day in May 2006 We had to do it again.
We talked my parents into going with us! ( I think it was the only way to shut us up!)
I expect it will be a vacation we'll all enjoy.
Carmen

Steve and Tonya,
I just noticed all of the Eastern cruises.
We've got time...but be thinking of excursions my entire family can enjoy my DD doesn't swim and can't do strenous walking.
Thanks

Welcome aboard 3 sons. Thsi will be our 3rd Disney cruise. All easterns and all in the same cabin. The other family going with us has a son also and I think he will be 14 by then. When we went last year(this same weekend:sad1: ) we had a great time. There was 11 of us. All family members. We went on the Doubloon Sail and Snorkle in St Thomas and had a super time. We might do that again but as you said we have a long time to plan. Must do Palo brunch again. Did it in January 2004 but not last year. We will have lots of time to get to know everyone.

Steve and Tonya

Greetings Everyone!

We just booked this cruise yesterday! It is myself (DW), DH and DS (11 1/2 years old when we sail).

We booked this particular week based on the proposed school calendar. If they don't change it, DS will only miss 3 days of school. We were originally scheduled to go on the Eastern pulling out today (2/3) but cancelled that b/c DS has a lot more homewok in 4th grade than in previous years and we didn't want him to miss a full week of school. We booked WDW for Spring Break instead, and also have a Wonder cruise booked for 10/07. However. . . we miss our Eastern cruises (Love those two days at sea!!!!). This will be our 4th Eastern. We are repeating one of our favorite cabins as well!!!!

I was a little sad watching the Magic pull out of port on the web cam this afternoon. It really cheered me up to find this thread. When we get closer, perhaps the 11-year old boys can exchange e-mail addresses and get to know each other. We did that previously and it was fun having the boys know each other a bit before meeting up in the port.

I see you are all from warmer climates than us. Today's high in MN was 6 below. UGH!!!!!

Hi everybody,

We're are the rookies that will be traveling with steveandtonya on the eastern magic Oct of 08. Our DS will be 14 when we sail. It would be great for him to exchange e-mails with other DSs about his age when it gets closer to 08 trip. I am getting excited, I feel like a kid again! :cool1:

ShawnandJamie

I don't think I've ever felt 6 below!
Heck, todays high was maybe 51, that was chilly for us!:santa:

I guess the water in October will be warm to you? I've actually been concerned about it!

I don't think I've ever felt 6 below!
Heck, todays high was maybe 51, that was chilly for us!:santa:

I guess the water in October will be warm to you? I've actually been concerned about it!

The other twist to our story is that DH and I are from San Diego! I was born and rasied there and DH had lived there for 23 years. We moved here 10 years ago after a brief stint in Albuquerque.

On days like this I wonder what the heck we were thinking!! It is currently 15 below and the weather channel says it will be colder by morning.:scared1:

Hey everyone,

So glad to see that we have some new friends. I think as we all get to know each other we should get together on the cruise sometime and have us a party! Anyone, gain for that. Also, tonight my husband and I realized that we will celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary:love: on castaway cay!!
I am so excited
:cheer2:

What a great place to celebrate!

We did the couples massage on CC. DH said it was the highlight of the trip.:cloud9:

Hey everyone,

Also, tonight my husband and I realized that we will celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary:love: on castaway cay!!
I am so excited
:cheer2:

We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on the Wonder! I agree, it is a great way to celebrate. Make sure you do Palo!

Hey everyone!! Thanks Steveandtonya for pointing me to this thread. I did a search yesterday but for some reason this thread didn't come up. Anyways, we paid our deposit yesterday.

Our crewmembers:
me and my dh (this is our 3rd trip on the magic)
my parents (this is their 2nd trip on the magic)
my sister, brother-in-law, their ds (11) and dd (8). (rookies!!!)

We tried to do a family cruise back in oct. 2006. My sister and her family ended up not being able to go at the last moment (5 days before we left). My sister had a cord blood transplant back in Nov. 2005 and she got sick two weeks before the cruise. So her doctor said no way was she getting on a boat or going to mexico. So my parents, my dh and I went without them. This time we are hoping and praying everyone makes it to the boat.

For all the rookies, yall are going to love the magic. There's so much to do on board and the ship is just so nice.

Hi everyone. Count us in too. Will be me and (adult) DD. Good to know we won't be alone. A shipboard meet sounds good! :yay:
Won't tell you what the temps are here in Florida; but if it makes you feel better - it is cloudy today.

fran

Hi Everyone,

Looks like we will be on this cruise as well.

Will be my, DH and twin daughters who will be six when we sail.

We have been tossing around this cruise and the DD. But not sure about the ports for that one. And we have already done the Eastern and loved the beach we went to in ST. Marteen.

We were on the Halloween cruise in OCt. and loved the weather then.

The other plus side is the school calendar my twins will be in first grade and was worried about how much school they should miss..

Hello to all...
kristin

Hey everyone,

I am trying to get my DH to have just a small renewal vows thing on castaway cay I think that would be great. PiperG I noticed you celebrated your wedding anniversary on the wonder. When is your wedding date? So how was the couple's massage on CC? And, How long are they? That sounds right up my alley!

I have to tell everyone to that I tend to ramble on about things. This is actually the first time that I have gotten this involved in the forum so I am still learning!

Welcome to yall!

Well, It's official, I paid our deposit for our cruise today!!!! I still can't believe we are going on a cruise. This is something I have wanted to do for years. My husband keeps teasing me about getting our passports. I need to get on that pretty soon.

I can't imagine living where is it 6 below. :eek: Our weather here in OK has been really cold and I am so depressed! I can't wait for warmer weather.

Here's to dreamin about warm beaches and umbrella drinks!:goodvibes

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter