• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

October 11-18, 2008 Eastern Magic-Parrothead Pirates in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on paying your deposit.. Seems like there are some great deals out there...Plus great onboard crdit offers tooo!!!!!

You're going on a Cruise. You're going on a cruise. Repeat 100 times and it still won't sink in until you step on board. :cool1:

St. Marteen is great when we were there in NOv. we went to LIttle Divvi Bay Beach it was wonderful.....

Now there is another ship in front of her, but you can still see the front end. It should be leaving around 5:00 pm central time.

Steve

Well, I put a deposit on this cruise last night! DH and I have not yet made a for sure decision yet, but I wanted to lock in the price, onboard credit and room. So, if you don't mind, I'll hang out here for awhile (hopefully till October 2008 when we actually go) hoping this actually happens!

This would be our first ever cruise. We've been to WDW many tmes and own DVC, but never cruised before. It will be me, dh, ds 15 (at cruise time) and dd 12.

PiperG, MEA is already scheduled for that year for the 16-17th, and they don't change it, so you are good! That is why we always do October also.

It was -20.9 at my house yesterday morning when I took my ds to the bus. Yuck!

Well, I put a deposit on this cruise last night! DH and I have not yet made a for sure decision yet, but I wanted to lock in the price, onboard credit and room. So, if you don't mind, I'll hang out here for awhile (hopefully till October 2008 when we actually go) hoping this actually happens!

This would be our first ever cruise. We've been to WDW many tmes and own DVC, but never cruised before. It will be me, dh, ds 15 (at cruise time) and dd 12.

PiperG, MEA is already scheduled for that year for the 16-17th, and they don't change it, so you are good! That is why we always do October also.

It was -20.9 at my house yesterday morning when I took my ds to the bus. Yuck!

Erika, Welcome!!!! Glad that you put a deposti down and hope you join us.. I just found out that I am getting a three hundred dollar onboard credit.. now...:banana: :thumbsup2

Erika congratulations on putting your deposit down. I hope that you and your DH will join us on this one for sure. This is our third cruise and we love it! We are glad that you decided to join our thread. Welcome!:cool1:

Wondering if this cruise will be more crowded since it the Colmbus Day weekend and all??? Any thoughts??

I don't think it will be that crowded because of that! Surely! However, I know that there are alot of kids out for fall break that week around here. That is why we decided to go then because they won't miss as much school. I wonder if that will make a difference! I don't think that It will brother me either way I plan on finding a chair top deck and taking in the rays with a margarita in hand:cheer2:

Kritter, who did you book through Disney to get that $300 onboard credit! Hey how did you get coached too that is too cute!

Tonya

Welcome Elgerber. We have a dtr going who will be 13 when we sail. Hope to get to know everyone in the time we have to plan.

Steve

Welcome to the new people.

We went last October and had quite a few kids on the cruise. Just from the disboards there were a lot esp from TN b/c of fall break. I don't think it was overly packed through. Steveandtonya I'm right there with yall.

Oh the pic. of the Magic soo makes me want to be in ST. Thomas we love ST. Thomas and have been threre three times now....

Took my twins today to American Girl Doll Cafe in NYC for their fifth birthday.. Oh, it was soo fun.. But ooooooh soo very cold...

Kristin

Somebody please advise me about an onboard credit!
I booked with AAA and the agent said everytihing wasn't loaded into the computer yet.:confused3
She has been a bit of a disappointment. Should I call her and tell her I want a credit or I'm moving to another TA? Why do I need a TA if I don't get anything from it. I booked my self through DCL last time. This is the only reason I even used a TA!:confused:

Somebody please advise me about an onboard credit!
I booked with AAA and the agent said everytihing wasn't loaded into the computer yet.:confused3
She has been a bit of a disappointment. Should I call her and tell her I want a credit or I'm moving to another TA? Why do I need a TA if I don't get anything from it. I booked my self through DCL last time. This is the only reason I even used a TA!:confused:

Hi,

Here is the "low down" if you rebook while on board the cruise you get a two hundred dollar onboard credit plus the 10% rebooking onboard discount. The you can transfer the reservation to a TA and get their onboard credit too. So in some cases you can get up to four to five hundred dollars in onboard credits. Also, if you pay for the cruise with your Disney Visa you will get a fifty dollar onboard credit too.. You could always transfer your reservation that you currently have with AAA or book another one to get the onboard credit.
Dreams Unlimited the sponsor of the boards is offering a two hundred dollar onboard credit. If you want I can send you the information about my TA. I got a three hundred dollar onboard credit. Plus the fifty from the Disney Visa..
I would not book with a TA if I did not get some type of onboard credit...

My husband and I booked through AAA and we are to recieve the $25 on board credit for booking online and then we are to get $75 from disney and $75 from AAA for booking before January 31st. We have not heard about these yet however, I did talk with disney and they said the 2008 contract between AAA and them had not been finalized yet. But I would whether get a bigger credit like kristin. So I will proably check into that. And the way I see it you don't need a TA because you can pretty much get these credits with out them and there is no discount for the cost of the cruise going through a TA!

Have a great day everyone :coffee:

Tonya

Hello everyone. BUmping up before the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter