**October 2016 Check-in!**

5PM seems to be the earliest (or first) seating for the Halloween Party Dinner Package at the Blue Bayou
Did anyone get earlier?

32 days to go. I am still on the fence about MHP. I would like to see the new parade and apparently MHP would be the only chance I get to see fireworks from 10/2 to 10/5. I love Disney fireworks but as a 48 year old male traveling solo, no so sure. I have done MNSSHP at WDW twice with my daughters and enjoyed it each time. I already have a PH ticket for each day I am there. $79?????. Not sure. Anyone want to persuade me one way or another?

Yeees! Had already scheduled a full day Tues Oct 4, very happy with 8-11 hours since Tuesdays in Sept were all 10-9. Wasn't expecting 8:00 opening on non-party weekdays

Looks like Splash is down for rehab that day so not all good news, but still I will take it.

Was finally able to book our WoC lunch at Wine Country for October 3!! Now all that's left to do is WAIT! :crazy2:

Finally progress!

I think we've now booked all we are going to book. We're arriving the evening of Oct 17 after being at Universal Hollywood for the day with hopefully enough time to get our tickets sorted (or can they do that at the hotel? We booked a package...). Our current plan (subject to change as I see fit hahaha):

Tues, Oct 18: DL EMH. Flexible day - no reservations, just going with the flow.
Wed, Oct 19: DCA EMH. only stay for a few hours max then hotel break. Head to DL at 3 for BB res at 5pm and MHP enjoyment.
Thurs, Oct 20: Goofy's kitchen res at 9:30. WOC dessert party at 7:30. Play it by ear in between though it might be a good day to see Frozen. I was really hoping for the Frozen lunch package to avoid having to get FPs and if it is going to be busy that day, I don't know if there will be any left..
Fri, Oct 21: DCA EMH and various touring. Leave the hotel around 2 or 3 for our 8pm international (Canada) flight out of LAX. I already wish we were leaving Saturday instead :)

Originally we weren't going to bother with a ticket for the Wednesday (so do a 3 day PH instead of 4) but that leaves us with only one DCA EMH opportunity so I'm thinking the extra day is worth it.

32 days to go. I am still on the fence about MHP. I would like to see the new parade and apparently MHP would be the only chance I get to see fireworks from 10/2 to 10/5. I love Disney fireworks but as a 48 year old male traveling solo, no so sure. I have done MNSSHP at WDW twice with my daughters and enjoyed it each time. I already have a PH ticket for each day I am there. $79?????. Not sure. Anyone want to persuade me one way or another?

My mom always says that experiences are everything in this world. And she's right! So what if you go alone to MHP? It's going to be one heck of an experience! Amazing fireworks (Believe me, they are!), a cool new Parade, free candy and Disneyland itself is so different during halloween party nights. The atmosphere is so awesome! JUST DO IT!

maxresdefault_zpsmaakxdf1.jpg

We are now booked for everything except our tours...can't do those until early next week.

Pulled the trigger and DD and I will be doing two Halloween parties (such a splurge for us...we try to experience as much as possible but usually only do it once. My wonderful hubby, who's not even able to come with us, bought our send night!). So, we are at the parties 5 and 7 Oct. WOC dessert party is 6 Oct. On 5 Oct we are going to breakfast at Surfs Up. We also booked for the BB package on 7 Oct.

So excited!

Friends, what do we think-- Carnation Cafe or Plaza Inn for lunch on our DL day?! My boyfriend likes a heartier meal and sitting down at a proper table to eat a meal, so I'm leaning toward Carnation Cafe so we can make a reservation...but I think I might like the menu of Plaza Inn better! However, I think the parks will be pretty crowded that day (Oct. 28), so it might be nice to know we have a reserved table. What to do, what to do?!

TO those who are wondering about MHP special dinner reservations earlier than 5-they can be made earlier on night when the party starts earlier! I was poking around the reservations and and I saw they they could be made earlier on mondays and wednesdays but not on fridays. Friday parties the reservations stop at 3;30 and begin again at 5:00. I decided to try it out ( if things went wrong I could always change it back-this is DLR here not WDW so they won't all disappear in 2 minutes) and I changed my reservation to 4:10 and it still says:

Reservation Changed!

Mickey's Halloween Party Dinner Package at the Blue Bayou Wednesday, October 5, 2016 4:10 PM Dinner for 4

So, if you booking a BB MHP dinner on a Monday or Wednesday you can get a reservation earlier than 5 which would free you up for the toon town pre-party as well! Its totally freakin perfect!

Friends, what do we think-- Carnation Cafe or Plaza Inn for lunch on our DL day?! My boyfriend likes a heartier meal and sitting down at a proper table to eat a meal, so I'm leaning toward Carnation Cafe so we can make a reservation...but I think I might like the menu of Plaza Inn better! However, I think the parks will be pretty crowded that day (Oct. 28), so it might be nice to know we have a reserved table. What to do, what to do?!

If it will make you less stressed, do a ressie for CC. If not, I vote PI

TO those who are wondering about MHP special dinner reservations earlier than 5-they can be made earlier on night when the party starts earlier! I was poking around the reservations and and I saw they they could be made earlier on mondays and wednesdays but not on fridays. Friday parties the reservations stop at 3;30 and begin again at 5:00. I decided to try it out ( if things went wrong I could always change it back-this is DLR here not WDW so they won't all disappear in 2 minutes) and I changed my reservation to 4:10 and it still says:

Reservation Changed!

Mickey's Halloween Party Dinner Package at the Blue Bayou Wednesday, October 5, 2016 4:10 PM Dinner for 4

So, if you booking a BB MHP dinner on a Monday or Wednesday you can get a reservation earlier than 5 which would free you up for the toon town pre-party as well! Its totally freakin perfect!

for both Oct 10 and 12, i still can't get anything earlier than 5pm

The parties are usually M,W,F, with EE on T, Th, S, but the last party is on Sat, Oct. 29. Do you think there will be EE that day? Our only 2 days (w/o hoppers) are that Fri and Sat., and I really want to do the park each day that doesn't have the EE, even if I have to leave DL at 7 on Sa. But if it's an EE on Sa, that throws my strategy off because I wanted to do DL on the party day because we start early anyway and would be exhausted by then.

I realize I should just be patient and wait for the hours to be published for those days, and stop overthinking, but since when do us dissers roll like that?

Im wondering of those reservations are gone or if there is something wrong with the online system for those days. I can see reservations 4-5 on every other monday and wednesday night in october.

Also I just noticed this went I went to the BB reservations page and put in the 10/10 date

Blue Bayou Restaurant
Monday October 10, 2016 Select Date
Lunch
11:30 AM - 3:55 PM
Dinner
Special Ticketed Event
4:00 PM - 10:00 PM

So you should be able to get them at 4 unless they are gone. I would try calling.

For those like me celebrating a special occasion at the BB with a special cake I called and asked and (though the girl wasn't sure at first and had to ask her manager) they CAN do your cake at the MHP special dinner.

That means I get to eat my Nightmare Before Christmas themed b-day cake while I am dressed as Sally at MHP and I even got my ADR early enough to enjoy that fun and still make it to the pre-party. If that's not pixie dust I don't know what is. :bday:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter