October 27, 2007 - Cruising around the Moon - A Magical All Hallows Eve Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
vital, your cruise with all of your family sounds fantastic. I would love my family to have big get together like that. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

PADisneyCouple, I would love to go to anyplace with a name like Chocolate World. Just the name itself sounds great. I can only imagine how it smells there. (I think I am starting drool, I am so hungry on this stupid diet/exercise thing)

dizzi, I am so glad you are booked! I am glad everything has worked out, and it is official that you are going.

I'm catching up.

Pam-my congrats on the weight loss!! You soooo deserve this cruise :banana:
If only I had 3 wishes... :genie: I would wish away all of the DISers difficulties.

Paula-you continue to be an inspiration. with all the exercising you must be about a size zero :yay:

Not sure if we are dressing up for Halloween. whenever I talk to Sean about costumes for Pirates and/or halloween he says, "where are we going to fit this in our luggage?" I tell him not to worry. We do not have offspring but i would like to bring candy. I'll tell Sean we need to go to Chocolate World at Hershey before the cruise to get the freshest goodies for DIS friends! :hyper:

C

Mmmmmmmm, chocolate:teeth: Um, do ya have to be a kid to get some of that candy???????:rolleyes1

Tuesday: 73 nice
Wednesday: 80! Wow :cool1:
Friday: rain until 0830, then 3 hours of sleet, now 4-6 inches of snow coming :confused3 :cold:

If I ask nicely, may we please cruise yet?

Or, at least get me to my first vacation in May.

:groom:

PLease know that i am asking a real question and not trying to stir up anything.......We (DD AND I) would really like to dress up almost semi formal every night for dinner, and DS AND DH will do it if i say so, but will we be totally out of place on the nights that are not designated for this kind of dress.
Obvioulsy we will not do this for Pirate night!

I think you will be fine, I wore black dress pants and different fancy blouses, with black mules with sparkle, every night, and I am not a dressy person. I was fine. Others wore those disney tropical sets several nights, khakis on others, and then went semi/formal on the recommended nights.

vital, your cruise with all of your family sounds fantastic. I would love my family to have big get together like that. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

PADisneyCouple, I would love to go to anyplace with a name like Chocolate World. Just the name itself sounds great. I can only imagine how it smells there. (I think I am starting drool, I am so hungry on this stupid diet/exercise thing)

dizzi, I am so glad you are booked! I am glad everything has worked out, and it is official that you are going.

First, a disclaimer. No, I am not being paid to say these things. Some of you may already know this, but for those who don't here is more info to give you a chocolate craving.

The main road through the center of Hershey is Chocolate Avenue. There is also a Cocoa Avenue. There is usually a nice, faint smell of chocolate (depends on the wind, I think). The hotel that Milton Hershey built, The Hotel Hershey, has a well-known spa where you can get a cocoa scrub, soak in a chocolate bath and do other chocolaty things (no, we have never been there---much too expensive). But we have dined at the Circular dining room (Mr Hershey didn't want anyone to have a bad seat so he made it a circle with many windows) The appetizer I had was scallops dusted with cocoa powder.

It is not our beloved Disney, but if anyone is in the area, you may want to visit this town that chocolate built.
:)

C

Sean, we had several cruisers visit the heresy spa before our cruise in December, they really liked it. Said it was so worth it, lol.

PADisneyCouple, now I think you are just taunting us to make those of us who live in less fortunate places jealous. You are killing me with all the Hershey chocolate stuff. I am so hungry on this diet, and what you are describing sounds to good to be true. Really though, I would love to visit there. It sounds fantastic. I don't think we have anything that comes remotely close to that level of perfection here in Arkansas. It's pretty here and everything but it definitely doesn't smell like chocolate.

As far as dressing up goes, we will probably do what we did last time. I wore dress slacks and a nice blouse every night. Boys wore khakis and nice shirts (polo type shirts on less formal nights and nice button downs on more formal nights). I think you will be fine in whatever you choose to wear. People were wearing a little bit of everything when we were on the cruise.

Ok, I'm back... and now (sort of) caught up. We moved into a new home at the end of January... and then the hard drive promptly crashed. No big thing though since our street is so new that we're not in anyone's database and therefore can't get high speed internet from anyone (and here we were hoping for FIOS) until they figure out our street exists. So we decided to scrap it all and fly to Sweden for two weeks (ok, that was pre-planned). But, not we're back and I'm flying along on *gasp* dial-up.

PADisneyCouple: DH and I are Elizabethtown College alum. We met there and our cheap off campus get away was always to head to Hershey. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the Chocolate World ride. One day I was disappointed because they were handing out Coco Puffs at the end instead of Hershey bars. Another time, there were warning signs up stating they weren't handing out chocolate that day (Twizzlers instead, surprisingly there were no riots). We've even taken the trolley ride twice (that you have to pay for). We've even taken the trolley ride twice (one was a holiday version). It's really nice and actually quite interesting and something else I would suggest.

But enough about Hershey...
We're so excited about this cruise. We tell everyone that we're going to be on Castaway Cay on our 5th anniversary and of course no one else really gets the excitement of something like that except for other DISers.

Though we don't have little ones I'm definitely bringing candy to give out. How fun! Not sure about dressing up. I have to wear a canary yellow (whoopie.) bridesmaid dress in May and someone called is a Belle dress (sorry, but no) which got me thinking but so far no ideas. Pirate night also a toss up though we have pirate ears if we cop out on that one.

So, is there stuff planned so far? I can't believe how many DISers are on this cruise!

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend. I belong to a dirtbike club and we are putting on our race this weekend. Cant beleive their is snow. The bikes have to go 100 miles through the woods at high speed. Well wish us luck and I hope knowone gets hurt.:goodvibes :thumbsup2 ;) :) :cutie: :shamrock: Oh I forgot we booked our flight today:flower3:

Well, I'm about to leave to get started for the St Patrick's Day Parade! We are having some green jello shots, green beer and somewhere in between a parade!:lmao: Since I'll have one hand on a beer and the other hand throwing beads, I won't be able to take any pictures. Oh well, y'all will just have to trust me when I tell you the fun I had! It's going to be sunny and in the 60's! That's a recepie for GOOD TIMES!pirate:

Have a great day y'all!

Wow, Paula your St Patty's Day sounds way more fun than mine.

I am helping host a bridal shower for my cousin today. :bride: Woohoo!!!!! Later will be fun though after going out to dinner with the parental units & my bro & sis in law that are in from out of town for the shower, DH bro sis-in-law & I will be heading out for some adult beverages in celebration!!!!

Enough about the chocolate you all are killing a girl on Weight Watchers!!!!!! I have always wanted to see Hershey. It's on my to do list especially the spa!!

Dizzi I also think you will be fine no matter how you dress.....you see a wide range on the ship & congrats on getting booked.

Welcome back jordgrubben.....nice to know there are a few other couples out there without kids among us.

Ya'll have a great ST Patty's Day :shamrock:

36_15_30.gif

HAPPY ST. PATTY's DAY

Happy St Pats, all. The local parade has been cancelled, due to the 10-12 inches of snow we got yesterday. :bride: and I attacked the driveway this morning. It went quite well. I blew it off around 1300, and again at 1900, yesterday. Had an inch or so on it this morning. Worst was the plowed-in part near the street. A bolt fell off the lip on the underside of the blower, and it keeps peeling back. This leads me to going nowhere. Have to get it fixed. Shopping at Lowes time.
I think you'll be fine with your planned attire. Chris will probably do some sundresses (or whatever their correct term is) for dinner. I'll be in khakis and golf/hawaiian shirts. Probably dressing up for both pirates and halloween dinners. Current projections have them on different nights. Perhaps DCL will combine them?
For fun this afternoon, we've selected the Family Room to attack. This means going through all piles of stuff and cleaning/organizing. As a reward, we plan to watch some of the POC-DMC bonus features tonight.

Have a nice day.

:groom:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter