October 27, 2007 - Cruising around the Moon - A Magical All Hallows Eve Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ws just on phone with costco ready to book and had cc in hand, she was taking all the informationa nd noticed my childrens names where different than mine, she said the biological father had to notorize a paper, i have not been in contact with him in over 10 years, my DD birthcertificate says father unknown becasue of him, what am i to do....any onehave this problem....please help!

SAD DIZZI!

No, no, no! Just go to the website to order a passport and you can find a form to fill out and get notarized if the father is not available. It has a space on it to tell why the father isn't available. Go read the site, it's a government site, google passport and it will come up. I just had my ex get it notarized b/c I don't want to depend on him getting off of work to go with us to get the passports. I've been on 2 cruises with Ethan and only showed his BC with no questions asked. Both cruises were post 9-11. Don't freak out just yet. If you need anymore info, let me know!

Yeah, Paula to the rescue. Hope it all works out ok Dizzi.
Been a lot of bad news lately.......hope things get better & that our group stays intact. Sending all :goodvibes: goodvibes & pixiedust pixiedust: for better days ahead.

Well, another morning another workout! I like anything mint/chocolate, caramel/chocolate, plain chocolate or skittles! I don't really care for nuts in anything (minds out of gutter Chris and Ronnie). When it's closer to the DAY, we can get a list together and go from there. I really don't mind packing my car with food! LOL!

Well, off to shower. Hope y'all have a great day!pirate:

:teacher: I will not talk about nuts. I will not talk about nuts. I will not talk about nuts.:teacher:
:teacher: I will not talk about nuts. I will not talk about nuts. I will not talk about nuts.:teacher:

Dizzi my DD got the form notarized and no one looked at it. It was for her DD. We went on the Disney cruise lastMay.Do what Paula said and you shouldnt have a pproblem.:thumbsup2 :goodvibes ;) :) :cutie:

See! I know you better than you think!:cool2:

Ain't it lovely when you wake up and hear rain? Makes me want to stay in bed, but I'm now feeling guilty when I don't get up and work out. Yesssssssssss, now it's become a habit again. Not particularly one I enjoy, but a habit.

Where is everyone? I seem to be missing a few peeps in my head!

CAN WE GO YET?pirate:

I'm working 10 - 11 hours a day now and only get to check what's going on every few days. :sad1: I can't believe how incredibly busy we are. Our loan volume is up 70%.

Working this Saturday again. I MISS Y'ALL so much... but hey.... this can't last forever, right?

Hugs to everyone and I hope all the issues and potential cancellations end up working out for the best! :grouphug:

CAN WE GO YET????????? :cool1:

vital, can you tell me where i go to get this form to have notorized, i cannot seem to find it.
It isnt for the passport though the lady at COSTCO said i would need a paper from the father just stating that he can be taken on the cruise.
But then the lady at DCL said if we do as much as we can, Like have the BC and the marriage and the divorce papers and the paper that states i changed my name back to my maiden name, and anything else that states he is soley in my care, that i should be fine.
But it is those last few words that scare me...."SHOULD BE" fine.

If i go ahead and book when is the latest i can cancel without loosing too much money?

vital, can you tell me where i go to get this form to have notorized, i cannot seem to find it.
It isnt for the passport though the lady at COSTCO said i would need a paper from the father just stating that he can be taken on the cruise.
But then the lady at DCL said if we do as much as we can, Like have the BC and the marriage and the divorce papers and the paper that states i changed my name back to my maiden name, and anything else that states he is soley in my care, that i should be fine.
But it is those last few words that scare me...."SHOULD BE" fine.

If i go ahead and book when is the latest i can cancel without loosing too much money?

That is just insane to me. I booked just my child and I and no one has mentioned any of that. I'll be really pissed off if I get to port and need some paperwork that nobody told me about. They'll have to call the police! Like I said, I've been on 2 cruises with him WITHOUT his father and never thought twice about it and never was asked anything.

Here is the site where I downloaded the form. It's the government site so it may also help answer some of your questions.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds3053/ds3053_846.html

Here is the exact form.
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80106.pdf If you look on section 5, there is a place for you to explain the reason why the other parent is unable to sign. It looks like all you have to do is write unknown, or something to that effect in front of the notary and things should be OK for the passport. Now, if the government will give you a freaking passport to the world, then Disney should let you get on their boat!

Thank you so much,
oh i will be pissed too, but i guess i will be more hurt than anything to have brought my kids to see the ship leave without them.
Did you say your son does have the same last name as you,
I think this is what gave the Costco lady like an alert to say soemthing since 3 of the 4 of us traveling to egthr have different last names.
I am just going to make sure i have all my ducks in a row and i am goign to see a lawyer too.

He has his dad's last name and I changed mine back to my maiden name. It was this way for both cruises. I guess I can bring copies of my divorce decree just in case. I'm thinking since we will have our passports, nothing should be questioned since both parents are supposed to agree on letting the child even get one.

I'm catching up.

Pam-my congrats on the weight loss!! You soooo deserve this cruise :banana:
If only I had 3 wishes... :genie: I would wish away all of the DISers difficulties.

Paula-you continue to be an inspiration. with all the exercising you must be about a size zero :yay:

Not sure if we are dressing up for Halloween. whenever I talk to Sean about costumes for Pirates and/or halloween he says, "where are we going to fit this in our luggage?" I tell him not to worry. We do not have offspring but i would like to bring candy. I'll tell Sean we need to go to Chocolate World at Hershey before the cruise to get the freshest goodies for DIS friends! :hyper:

C

PAdisneycouple, that is an awesome idea, i always love going in there and smelling that chocolate! My mom lives only about 2 hours from there and my kidsd are flying up there this summer and going to HERSHEY PARK!

WE ARE BOOKED WE ARE BOOKED !!!!!!!!!:cool1: :lmao: :goodvibes :)

I think i am sooooo HAPPY!:banana:

I am still fretting over some of the minor child paperwork but i think we will have it settled by the time we get ready to check!:hippie:

ROOM 6116
And i chose to have late dining time, i think that will be best for us.:confused3 I guess we will know for next time!, if not!

WE ARE BOOKED WE ARE BOOKED !!!!!!!!!:cool1: :lmao: :goodvibes :)

I think i am sooooo HAPPY!:banana:

I am still fretting over some of the minor child paperwork but i think we will have it settled by the time we get ready to check!:hippie:

ROOM 6116
And i chose to have late dining time, i think that will be best for us.:confused3 I guess we will know for next time!, if not!

Awesome :banana:

Hopefully this begins a trend and things will work out for other moon cruisers. We cant lose anyone! we'll be a great group, very visible in our lime green! others will see us and say "who are those crazy people? we want to be with them!" :crazy:

C

I think I'm in trouble. I just got an email from my dad and he said all the grandkids (us) are going to be booked in a balcony room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm scared I'll be ruined for life!!!!!!!!!!!!! The kids (my dad and siblings) are being booked into suites!!!!! And the grandparents are in the penthouse! I'm really excited now!!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2: pirate:

For those that don't remember, my grandparents are taking all of the kids, grandkids and great grandkids on an 8 day Eastern Caribbean Carnival Cruise on the Liberty July 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter