October Pre & Trip reports

Pulling in Sunday in my rig below, but don’t think the roads or sites are wide enough.....guess it’s park at Sanford (SFB) and drive...

But that is ok because I will be eating Trail’s End buffet at 7:20 PM Sunday evening!!! EPCOT for the day Monday!

View attachment 359454

Jimmy,

How long you there for?

Did some last minute touches on our cart parade "costume" and started putting some stuff in the camper. Had a little help from Mr. Bones. The rest of packing will have to wait until tomorrow as we decided to head over to Hollywood Studios for the evening.
IMG_1320.JPG

Going to bring home buckets of sour cream and chive popcorn and other assorted treats and goodies for friends and family that were not so lucky as to get a little adventure like this....nice thing about my ride....no baggage fees, over head bin bag size restrictions, having to fit under the seat in front of you.....

Pulling in Sunday in my rig below, but don’t think the roads or sites are wide enough.....guess it’s park at Sanford (SFB) and drive...

But that is ok because I will be eating Trail’s End buffet at 7:20 PM Sunday evening!!! EPCOT for the day Monday!

View attachment 359454

Jimmy, how many miles a gallon does that bird get? ED

Jimmy, how many miles a gallon does that bird get? ED

Do you wanna know? I mean, do you really wanna know??

My paycheck last month is not covering the fuel bill for this trip...

One draw back on that rig is that even the premium sites a just a skowsh too small

I think I have said this before, but I need that old Disney airport opened (although my rides won’t be able to use a “STOL” airport....)

I think I have said this before, but I need that old Disney airport opened (although my rides won’t be able to use a “STOL” airport....)

You need to get an amphibious aircraft. Just pull right up on the beach!

Do you wanna know? I mean, do you really wanna know??

My paycheck last month is not covering the fuel bill for this trip...

Dude,

I didn't ask about the cost per gallon (although I bet you could cover it). :sad2: In an earlier career I used to burn all the JP-7 we needed.

It was just a simple question about how many air/nautical miles and how many gallons it would take (to refill to [F]ULL). on average....

There is always the possibility you have a heavy foot on the gas/throttle during takeoff that it would hurt the MPG. You want to get to Orladno as quick as possible. I get it.

But being a geeky nerdy math guy, I was asking a serious straight up question.

Bama Ed

PS - you'll have to find somebody else to mooch a golf cart ride from since I won't be there this year. :drive:

PPS - and HOW EXACTLY is it that you just HAPPEN to be in Orlando in late October two years in a row? Not a coincidence it seems. You must be the CEO of your company!

Last edited:
Ok- official update!! We are planning to pull out of our driveway roughly 4pm Tuesday, drive 7 hours and get to Rochelle Illinois late that night. I believe that is where you are talking about meeting. We’ll stay at the Walmart Tuesday night. Would you be able to meet us Wednesday morning? (as long as we pull out of there by noon we’re fine ) if that would work for you let me know!
I wont know my work schedule till Monday morning, I'll see what I can do and let you know then. Fingers crossed

Dude,

I didn't ask about the cost per gallon (although I bet you could cover it). :sad2: In an earlier career I used to burn all the JP-7 we needed.

It was just a simple question about how many air/nautical miles and how many gallons it would take (to refill to [F]ULL). on average....

There is always the possibility you have a heavy foot on the gas/throttle during takeoff that it would hurt the MPG. You want to get to Orladno as quick as possible. I get it.

But being a geeky nerdy math guy, I was asking a serious straight up question.

Bama Ed

PS - you'll have to find somebody else to mooch a golf cart ride from since I won't be there this year. :drive:

PPS - and HOW EXACTLY is it that you just HAPPEN to be in Orlando in late October two years in a row? Not a coincidence it seems. You must be the CEO of your company!

I can't really say much, but it is not coincidence...I (or at least some colleagues) will probably be around same time/same place next year.

We generally use gallons per hour and/or pounds per hour in aviation (as opposed to MPG). On this particular airplane, an approximate fuel burn estimate is 3000 lbs. of fuel per hour over the entire length of a flight (we burn more in the beginning, but less over time as the weight gets lighter with burning off fuel). As you may know, 1 gallon JET A fuel is approximately 6.7 lbs, so about 440-450 GPH average on a flight. Jet fuel prices that I have paid in last few weeks (well, that I have handed the company credit card over to pay) have ranged between $4 and $6 per gallon. My flight today (from CT to FL) was 2 hours 30 mins. So 1100 gallons total on the conservative side would be $4400 of fuel for my flight (using the the cheapest $4 place I have seen lately).

Cool. 1,100 gallons - that sounds like a lot. It makes sense too that you think in terms of weight even for fuel given how critical that is to flight and keeping things balanced.

Just peeked at the weather forecast for the next few days for ya'll down there. Looks like the next few mornings will be in the 60s so hopefully things will feel very nice.

Bama Ed

Waiting to go!! Of course, passenger is running late! Does he not know I have a ressie for TE?! (Oh, he doesn’t...ugh, I pushed it back, but I don’t understand these executives who think we are here to be on their schedule )

CCF8B4D9-B266-416D-ABDF-AF1160AEC7DB.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter