Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

Question for y'all. I ran Tink last year and my mom and I stayed at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance and thought it was great. Possibly coming for the half in September with my husband and I'mm stuck on where to stay. We will be visiting my grandmother in the days prior so we will have a rental car. We've stayed at the Best Western Anaheim Inn before and so I have that reserved currently, but I'm considering other options because it might be too noisy? What are your takes on that compared to Stovall's, Fairfield Inn on Harbor, Park Vue, or Tropicana? Also, is it worth the extra $$ to stay at one of the Disneyland resorts for the race/parks? We don't mind walking but I'm trying to justify budget to a money-worrying husband :earseek:

Question for y'all. I ran Tink last year and my mom and I stayed at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance and thought it was great. Possibly coming for the half in September with my husband and I'mm stuck on where to stay. We will be visiting my grandmother in the days prior so we will have a rental car. We've stayed at the Best Western Anaheim Inn before and so I have that reserved currently, but I'm considering other options because it might be too noisy? What are your takes on that compared to Stovall's, Fairfield Inn on Harbor, Park Vue, or Tropicana? Also, is it worth the extra $$ to stay at one of the Disneyland resorts for the race/parks? We don't mind walking but I'm trying to justify budget to a money-worrying husband :earseek:

Well it depends on how much he's comfortable with. Already Paradise Pier is solidly booked. I was trying to stay there but it's been booked since fall 2016 when I started looking. I settled on Disneyland Hotel but only because it's my first real trip to Disneyland and I wanted to be onsite and be able to make use of the EMH since we're only there for a few days.

Well it depends on how much he's comfortable with. Already Paradise Pier is solidly booked. I was trying to stay there but it's been booked since fall 2016 when I started looking. I settled on Disneyland Hotel but only because it's my first real trip to Disneyland and I wanted to be onsite and be able to make use of the EMH since we're only there for a few days.

I believe there are still runDisney rates at PP. it is still showing under Travel on the rD site. I believe it's $386 per night.

Ave you ever stayed at a DL hotel? No....try it once. Do you like to be immersed in the disney experience? Yes, stay at one of the hotels. I have stayed at Fairfield. It's been years but it was decent and not a bad walk. Noise and traffic can be a pain though because of location. I like park vue but again it's been years (I have DVC). I liked the continental breakfast aspect of both. Park vue I thought was really convenient for location.

They do still have rooms at pp for run disney. Friday night is $410 the others are $300 something. All other hotels are booked for regular, rundisney, and DVC. Unless of coarse you want concierge level.

Joining in because I just signed up for the Double Dare. So excited--coast to coast medal and my first challenge! First trip to Disneyland too! I am cashing in IHG points and staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Manchester Ave, but would love to have reviews. I probably have enough Marriott points to book something there too.

What to wear.......

Joining in because I just signed up for the Double Dare. So excited--coast to coast medal and my first challenge! First trip to Disneyland too! I am cashing in IHG points and staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Manchester Ave, but would love to have reviews. I probably have enough Marriott points to book something there too.

What to wear.......
Kind of far to walk. Will you be renting a car? I am not sure if art buses go there so something to look into. It's in a very quiet area. But overall decent. If you have enough Marriott points and want to be closer I would look into one of those on katella or harbor. Or look at the holiday in on walnut and ball road. Then you could literally roll out of bed and walk to start line in less then 5 minutes, with no security.

What to wear.......

check out Hotel Indigo on Katella. I believe it is a holiday inn brand hotel. Close to the Katella/harbor intersection. I have stayed next door before for many disney races. easy walk to and from the parks.

For the races, would you recommend the hotels closer to or on Katella rather than Harbor? I know the corrals are closer to that side and last year when we stayed at Courtyard Theme Park Entrance we had to walk up through security and through DTD to get to the corrals. Is it an easier walk from the other side? Can you walk to the parks as well from that end?

They do still have rooms at pp for run disney. Friday night is $410 the others are $300 something. All other hotels are booked for regular, rundisney, and DVC. Unless of coarse you want concierge level.

I've been looking at PP occasionally since September. It ALWAYS says "There are no rooms available" on all the different room types. That's at Disneyland.com. Where are you seeing that there are rooms? (Really curious cause I wanted to stay there!)

For the races, would you recommend the hotels closer to or on Katella rather than Harbor? I know the corrals are closer to that side and last year when we stayed at Courtyard Theme Park Entrance we had to walk up through security and through DTD to get to the corrals. Is it an easier walk from the other side? Can you walk to the parks as well from that end?

Harbor runs parallel to Disney north/south. There is an entrance to get to parks from harbor. Katella runs south side of DCA, you have to go up harbor or disney way to get to an entrance. Ball road is on the north side of DL. West side of DL and pp hotel. West is walnut ave (no hotels to really speak of).
For me personally I prefer DL hotels but I have DVC and military discounts. Second, I would choose hotels on harbor. After the race when you leave you HAVE to go through security when staying at any on property hotel or anything on the other side of the parks (katella or harbor) the only hotels where you don't have to deal with security after the race are the ones on ball road. DTD has east and west entrances to get to the parks.

I know that was scattered hope it makes sense.

Harbor runs parallel to Disney north/south. There is an entrance to get to parks from harbor. Katella runs south side of DCA, you have to go up harbor or disney way to get to an entrance. Ball road is on the north side of DL. West side of DL and pp hotel. West is walnut ave (no hotels to really speak of).
For me personally I prefer DL hotels but I have DVC and military discounts. Second, I would choose hotels on harbor. After the race when you leave you HAVE to go through security when staying at any on property hotel or anything on the other side of the parks (katella or harbor) the only hotels where you don't have to deal with security after the race are the ones on ball road. DTD has east and west entrances to get to the parks.

I know that was scattered hope it makes sense.

Totally makes sense to me :thumbsup2 We get the military discounts too and because we've never stayed at a DL hotel I really want to, but convincing the other half is difficult haha I have the BW Anaheim Inn on Harbor and the BW Stovalls on Katella booked right now. The reason I was confused is because a lot of people on here with regard to the races in DL seem to like the hotels on Katella because they are closer to the corrals. I stayed on Harbor for Tink but didn't know if Katella would be better

Yeah you'd think I was new to RunDisney lol Thank you! I'm going to look into cancelling my res through Disneyland.com and rebooking with RunDisney. That will save me around $1000 Canadian!
I would definitely switch then. Just make sure you have reservation before cancelling. One thing I also did was not buy tickets through them. You have to call for that but it's possible.

I would definitely switch then. Just make sure you have reservation before cancelling. One thing I also did was not buy tickets through them. You have to call for that but it's possible.

Yeah that's what Disney suggested too. Make the new reservation with RunDisney and then cancel the one through Disneyland.com :)

booked our hotel for this year... staying at the super 8 this year because it was the cheapest one we could find that wasnt booked..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter