Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

I know we are 5 months out still....but Im thinking race outfits...

5k...

Trying to decide how I can go Edna Mode for this race...
Thinking black tutu, black shoes, black running leggings, with a black tank that says NO CAPES, and some glasses.

10k...

Trying to decide if I want to go as boo, mike, or sully...

Boo- Oversized pink shirt, light purple leggings, white shoes, pig tails with pink bows
Sully-blue/purple tutu, blue/purple top with his face, blue shoes, MU Hat
Mike- green tutu, green shoes, green shirt with his face or Oozma Kappa shirt.

HELP ME

I know we are 5 months out still....but Im thinking race outfits...

5k...

Trying to decide how I can go Edna Mode for this race...
Thinking black tutu, black shoes, black running leggings, with a black tank that says NO CAPES, and some glasses.

10k...

Trying to decide if I want to go as boo, mike, or sully...

Boo- Oversized pink shirt, light purple leggings, white shoes, pig tails with pink bows
Sully-blue/purple tutu, blue/purple top with his face, blue shoes, MU Hat
Mike- green tutu, green shoes, green shirt with his face or Oozma Kappa shirt.

HELP ME

Just remember it's going to be HOT HOT HOT! (Ok I'm from Canada...and it's unbearable heat to me but at least it's dry heat) I love the idea of Edna Mode but would die wearing black. So I guess it depends where you're from. :)

I love the idea of the BOO costume!

Im from NorCal (Sacramento area to be exact) so Im used to the California weather. It wasnt bad last year during the 5k. I feel like im going towards boo since there will probably be a lot of Mike and Sully out there.

We just signed up! First RunDisney event, and first half-marathon! I've done a bunch of 5Ks and a couple of 10Ks... should probably think about actually training now, though! Actually the whole family is doing the 5K (me, DH, DD13 and DS6), then DH and I are doing the 1/2.

I'll admit, it was mostly an excuse to slip in a little DL weekend. Whatever it takes to convince DH, lol!

If anyone is running Tinkerbell and hasn't signed up for the Disneyland Half yet there's a $25 discount in the Virtual Event Bag for both the Half and Challenge. I was hoping they'd have discounts for Avengers too but no luck. Maybe I'll get lucky at the expo during Tink.

If anyone is running Tinkerbell and hasn't signed up for the Disneyland Half yet there's a $25 discount in the Virtual Event Bag for both the Half and Challenge. I was hoping they'd have discounts for Avengers too but no luck. Maybe I'll get lucky at the expo during Tink.
I think if you sign up for Avengers at Tink, you at least won't have to pay the Active fees. Could be wrong about this though...

! I am now officially signed up for the 5K. Now I have a question for anyone who may have some wisdom to share? Our flight back to Toronto leaves LAX at 1 PM on Saturday. Do you think it would be possible for me to run the 10K on Saturday morning and still be able to make our flight?

! I am now officially signed up for the 5K. Now I have a question for anyone who may have some wisdom to share? Our flight back to Toronto leaves LAX at 1 PM on Saturday. Do you think it would be possible for me to run the 10K on Saturday morning and still be able to make our flight?

Depends a lot on where you start and how fast you plan to be to be honest. I did the Avengers Half and then caught a 1:30pm flight easily BUT it was a domestic flight, and it was from SNA and not LAX. I'd work backwards time wise from your flight and what time you need to depart your hotel and see what that tells you about when you would need to have crossed the finish line. Assuming you are staying on property or close by you should be okay. I'd plan on leaving no later than 9am for an international flight from LAX (assuming 1pm flight time). Give yourself an hour to get from the finish line to the hotel, have a shower, throw a few things in a bag and check out. That's 8am. Even if you don't cross the start line until after 6am, and it takes 90mins to complete the course you should be done by 8am. But map it out based on your own pace :)

I think if you sign up for Avengers at Tink, you at least won't have to pay the Active fees. Could be wrong about this though...

Is this true in general when you sign up at an expo? I've never done it.

I am officialy in for the Half Marathon. Was worried I wouldn't be able to do it this year cuz of a new job but was fortunate enough to get a day off. This extends my streak to 6 years in a row. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

So who here thinks we're going to see a medal preview soon? I'm guessing by next Tuesday before all the focus switches over to Tink merchandise previews and what not. I would be shocked if we didn't see them in person at the Tink expo and they need to make their online debut before that!

So who here thinks we're going to see a medal preview soon? I'm guessing by next Tuesday before all the focus switches over to Tink merchandise previews and what not. I would be shocked if we didn't see them in person at the Tink expo and they need to make their online debut before that!
I sincerely hope we get to see them soon! It would make sense to debut the medals now so they can get more people registered, possibly at Tink. It sounds logical, but we all know rD's view on things that make sense. :rotfl:

I sincerely hope we get to see them soon! It would make sense to debut the medals now so they can get more people registered, possibly at Tink. It sounds logical, but we all know rD's view on things that make sense. :rotfl:

It all depends on where the medals are in the design process. I think they will reveal them, if they are finalized and ready to go. RunDisney tends is a very small organization and seems to focus very heavily on the next event up with limited ability to multitask between events. At least that's the impression that I've gotten.

My husband and I are in and registered for the 5K and 10K! Working our way up to a challenge.....next year for sure!

I wonder if it'll be around the same time as last year since we now have a huge lull in timing until September. We got the medals at the beginning of August... which is so far away! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter