******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised so many people asking about this. Are you taking a short trip? I guess I just assume anyone taking a trip would want at least 3-4 days at the parks.

Some people have annual passes or can get tickets cheaper through another offer, so buying 2 days to get the dining plan and buying the rest of your tickets elsewhere (or in the case of AP, not buy any at all) is cheaper than if you have to buy 4 days.

So what am I missing? Is it a chocolate cupcake with confectionary sugar frosting? Or is there some secret surprise in the middle?
:ssst:No secret stuff. It's cookies and cream icing on a chocolate cupcake. It is beautiful, though.I personally prefer the Triple Chocolate Cupcake over the Grey Stuff Cupcake.:D

I'm not understanding how free dining with a 4 day park hopper required would be worth it for someone with APs. Esp. If going to a QS only deal. Maybe if staying many nights?

You can use those tickets after your AP expire then while you're their "upgrade" to an AP again which will just be paying the difference. So essentially, you get the value back later so long as you plan to get another AP.

You can use those tickets after your AP expire then while you're their "upgrade" to an AP again which will just be paying the difference. So essentially, you get the value back later so long as you plan to get another AP.
We have an AP now that will expire soon. We will not renew it, so we'll just save out FD tickets for the next time we do a room only booking and add days on to our tickets once we arrive. You don't need to get another AP to use FD tickets.

We have an AP now that will expire soon. We will not renew it, so we'll just save out FD tickets for the next time we do a room only booking and add days on to our tickets once we arrive. You don't need to get another AP to use FD tickets.

But as of Feb these tickets will now have an expiration date (I have heard as early as Dec 2018) so you want to be sure your next trip falls within that window if saving the tickets is your plan.

But as of Feb these tickets will now have an expiration date (I have heard as early as Dec 2018) so you want to be sure your next trip falls within that window if saving the tickets is your plan.
Even though they now expire, you will not lose the value you paid for the tickets past the expiry date.

I meant that people who plan on continuing using APs won't "waste" their tickets if they use them to renew their AP instead of just renewing the AP on its own and tossing the tickets thinking they have no value.

Finally caught back up on the reading. I told my TA that is TS is not offered at POR as free dining then I told her I would prefer to stay at the values and upgrade my dining. It is not worth upgrading to us at POR and still be under the budget we have. Now if TS is offered then we are right at were we need to be budget wise for the trip. From my calculations we can add an extra day at the value and still be under budget with the upgraded dining plan if this happen.

:offtopic: Me and my husband went to Sams Club yesterday and got $500.00 gift cards for $479.98. We got two of them. We also get back$10.00 for every $500.00 we spend there. So in total we saved $40.02 for the cards and got back $20.00 in rewards. So that average out to be about 6% savings for us in the long run.

is the 4 am release time in central time zone or eastern? Sorry if this has been answered before!

Finally caught back up on the reading. I told my TA that is TS is not offered at POR as free dining then I told her I would prefer to stay at the values and upgrade my dining. It is not worth upgrading to us at POR and still be under the budget we have. Now if TS is offered then we are right at were we need to be budget wise for the trip. From my calculations we can add an extra day at the value and still be under budget with the upgraded dining plan if this happen.

:offtopic: Me and my husband went to Sams Club yesterday and got $500.00 gift cards for $479.98. We got two of them. We also get back$10.00 for every $500.00 we spend there. So in total we saved $40.02 for the cards and got back $20.00 in rewards. So that average out to be about 6% savings for us in the long run.

I was expecting your last part to be a rant because the Off Topic dude looks p'd off. I was trying to figure out what was bad about you saving money and then I remembered the Off Topic dude always looks like that! Even if your Off Topic post is positive!!
:crazy:

I do have a question. We have reservations at Pop for week in a standard. After doing some research and considering we have 70 year olds and a 6 and 8 year old..is it worth $15 a night for our 2 rooms to upgrade to a preferred based on description close to dining and transportation? Can people who have stayed there tell me If the rooms are significantly closer and saves lots of walking for a week stay. It would cost $230 + tax to upgrade the 2 rooms. Thx in advance
As an older person, who loves POP, is it really doesn't make much of a difference. You are going to be walking all over the place all day long anyway. A jaunt to the bus isn't going to be that impactful.

A few questions:

1. Does anyone have the website which states the free dining info?

2. If we get the QSD for free how to we go about upgrading to the regular dining plan? Is it just paying the difference?

Also - since some say POR is included and others say it isn't included I wouldn't be surprised if it was only included in the first batch of dates. Anyone's thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter