******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am eagerly anticipating the announcement. We have been planning this trip for years for my sons HS graduation. When we talk about Disney everyone's favorite thing to talk about is the food. I'm excited that we are planning our trip this year around the time of the food and wine fest as we'll be getting those extra snack credits that we always have trouble using up. I have a whole day planned to just eat our way around Epcot! I'm not sure we could afford to go if we didn't get the free dining promo. I'm not even sure my kids would want to go LOL!!!

Do they usually announce ahead of time when the offer will go live or is it just a wait and check and see thing? Like will we get advance notice to be ready to hit the reserve button a week in advance to get all our ducks in a row?
We have two very informative posters in this thread. When there are set dates/times coming, they will be excellent at passing on any info they have. Leaks start to pop up around the internet as well. As long as you follow this thread, you'll have all the info you need to be ready when it goes live. :)

So I have a question about CBR. If I have read everything correctly we can't get the gift card with FD right? But can we switch to SSR still if we book after FD comes out?

EXCEPT, when I booked them I went onto the website and selected, 'Book a package.' I did not book the components separately, I booked a package. I know it's all interpretation but I'm well aware of how to book with Disney (I book an average of 15-20 trips a year for family and friends) and this time for the first time ever, when I chose the room only discount and then selected the package option, the tickets displayed the discounted CDN prices. I have one confirmation number for each of the packages I booked, not individual confirmations for room, tickets, etc.

I am NOT saying this will happen with Free Dining, I'm just saying until we see exactly how Disney presents the FD offer (if they do), this option cannot be counted out.

I understand they do not allow stacking things such as Free Dining and Room Discount but in the case of the CDN ticket discount it did in fact allow (and in fact even offered the discounted park ticket price without doing anything special - it was just there) as soon as I selected the package option from the Room Only discount offer. Trust me - I booked 3 of these for friends!!
You go to Disney 15 to 20 times a year?

So I have a question about CBR. If I have read everything correctly we can't get the gift card with FD right? But can we switch to SSR still if we book after FD comes out?
I believe that's only the case for those who booked the bounceback before the construction was announced. They were given the option of the gift card or the upgrade.

I'm booked at CBR for 10 days in September. I am receiving the GC. 750$ of gift cards is plenty for me but FD is what I need more than the GC. As some have already mentioned I will be moving resorts if FD isn't offered at CBR. Just crossing my fingers that it is so I'm able to double dip

I have a quick question not regarding FD. I made another thread in the dining section but no one wrote back anything
When making a reservation do I have to include a infant?
And how do I go about removing a adult if they should not come but the reservation is already made?
Thank you
I'll remove this after it's answered

I have a quick question not regarding FD. I made another thread in the dining section but no one wrote back anything
And how do I go about removing a adult if they should not come but the reservation is already made?
Thank you
yes, you have to include the infant.

I can't find the exclusions for the UK free dining and Bounceback, does anyone have those? I can get an idea to what resort I may want (or need) to switch to

yes, you have to include the infant.
Thank you

Go to MDE, there will be a change button next to your dining reservation. You can use that, then they will give you an update guest button.

Hi! I love watching this thread. It'll be my first time trying to get free Dining this year. How much does it cost to upgrade the quick service to regular dining plan? Just in case we stay at POP and not POR.

So I just talked to a cast member on the chat option on the website about CBR. I asked about switching resorts and she really did not want to answer that question. She did say it was still on the table as an option right now. I also asked about booking now to get the gift card and then modifying when FD comes out. Here is what she told me.

If I book before Mach 19th to get the gift card and free dining comes out can we add the free dining to the package and still get the gift card or would it be considered a new reservation?

Chanel
at 9:43, Mar 17:
You are always able to modify your reservation to a new offer, if there is availability for your dates and resort with the offer. .

You
at 9:44, Mar 17:
So I would be able to modify to get free dining if it is offered for my dates at CBR and get the gift card?

Chanel
at 9:46, Mar 17:
As far as I know, they have not addressed any offers in relation to the Gift Cards, so I am not able to say yes or no on that.

Chanel
at 9:46, Mar 17:
Since there is currently not a free dining offer right now.

Hi! I love watching this thread. It'll be my first time trying to get free Dining this year. How much does it cost to upgrade the quick service to regular dining plan? Just in case we stay at POP and not POR.

I do not know the exact amout but it is the difference in price between the quick service and regular dining plan.

I'm booked at CBR for 10 days in September. I am receiving the GC. 750$ of gift cards is plenty for me but FD is what I need more than the GC. As some have already mentioned I will be moving resorts if FD isn't offered at CBR. Just crossing my fingers that it is so I'm able to double dip
We also have a 10 night booking - now we are honestly trying to figure out how we would even use the gift cards if we have FD. We fly (lack of extra space in luggage to get things home) & have traveled to WDW several times so trinkets / keepsakes each trip are kept at a minimum. The trip will be paid for so the GCs won't help with that & we always end up with extra credits AND this trip DS will be 10, meaning he gets an ADULT entree - so I suspect we will have even more extra credits this go round than usual... parties & special extras are usually full so it's not like we could wait I'm seriously considering POR except I like CBR & am a bit of a "deal addict" AND I figure if there are a lot of vacant rooms due to construction or whatever busses may be less crowded ... sigh decisions decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter