******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Disney in 2015 and stayed at AoA. We tried for free dining through a travel agent. We didn't get it. Then about a week later I called for the heck of it to see if there was any free dining open I was able to get it for AoA! In 2016, we decided not to go through the travel agent and i sat up all night on April 25th and at 4:08 am I got it. I would say if you don't get free dining on the day it comes out, keep calling back because you could nab it.

My TA said that there's no chance of getting FD in the Fw cabins because of limited availability. I'm gonna let her try to get it anyway and if she doesn't and I do, I'm cancelling and going alone. Also, on the TA website it says they won't get up earlier than 7am for any offers...seems like she doesn't want to even try. Our trip is pretty expensive so she'll be losing a decent comission. I wonder if i get the FD on my own if the TA can still takeover the res so she can get the commission...

I only have a "cancel" button, no "modify". And I have done nothing to my reservation since I made it. Argh.
Does that mean the easiest thing is just to get a new reservation, then cancel the old one, if I am making it online?
It seems if I called, they would be able to modify the reservation, but it is very difficult to get through when FD drops, correct?

I think I will have to make a new one because I doubt free dining will be as early as I have booked- would love it though! But this is what I plan on doing. Secure my new reservation and then let my old one go.

Just checked mine and I have the change reservation option under My Itinerary
Mine does too - I think? Ive never altered my reservation online - but I understand why we would want that option... is this "it" - the place I'll need to click ... the magical link to add FD in the middle of the night at some point?

Attachments

• IMG_8369.PNG
    IMG_8369.PNG
    30.1 KB · Views: 60
My TA said that there's no chance of getting FD in the Fw cabins because of limited availability. I'm gonna let her try to get it anyway and if she doesn't and I do, I'm cancelling and going alone. Also, on the TA website it says they won't get up earlier than 7am for any offers...seems like she doesn't want to even try. Our trip is pretty expensive so she'll be losing a decent comission. I wonder if i get the FD on my own if the TA can still takeover the res so she can get the commission...

I don't know how someone would use a TA on something like this. When I go in there at 4am I will have to have like three plans gauge what comes out what is available and cost on each and try to decide in 5 minutes. How would a TA do that for me and 25 other people at the same time?? Not happening at 4am. I'm my priority a TA has lots of priorities. Now for a cruise or a different deal sure.

Mine does too - I think? Ive never altered my reservation online - but I understand why we would want that option... is this "it" - the place I'll need to click ... the magical link to add FD in the middle of the night at some point?

I think so, I walked through it already and it allowed me to select other offers.

You can have the reservation transferred to the TA. That is what we are doing this year if I get the FD.

You go to Disney 15 to 20 times a year?

No, as others mentioned I help many families book their Disney trips. My family normally goes a couple of times a year. My DD is 8 and this next trip will be her 17th trip to WDW. I love Disney so when I'm not booking trips for us I love to help others enjoy Disney too! I hope to book Disney trips fulltime when I retire. For now it's an evening and weekend hobby.

When making a reservation do I have to include a infant?
Not sure if you're asking about dining reservations but yes, the infant will need to be included in those reservations as well as resort reservations.

That's a very good idea - THANK YOU. Our home office is loosely decorated in Disney... bookshelf full of Disney planning books, Disney ink pens, my framed Disney stock certificate from a few years ago, a few photos from Disney, Disney screen saver, etc... with $750 I bet I could get a nicer item than I'd ever actually buy myself. I like purses & DH suggested a D&B purse but I've never loved the Disney designs really - art would be nice for our whole family to enjoy.
My brother loves his Disney art. He has a few things right now. I don't have any, but I hope to start one day.

We stayed at POP in Nov. 2015 and are going again this Nov and staying at CBR. Last time, I was waiting at release time to call and add on free dining. As I checked my reservation online, it allowed me to modify my reservation and add free dining. It was so simple and I didn't have to wait on the phone. As I'm preparing for the release of free dining this year, I looked at my reservation and there is no "modify reservation" link. It says to modify or cancel that I'd have to call. Any ideas on why this is? Or if discounts become available, does the link appear?
Those come and go. I would just keep refreshing. It will reappear. I'm on a bounce back so I will never have one. I will always have to call to make changes. Already made three calls in the past few months.

Question about the BB offers. Are they always FD? I haven't paid much attention to them over the years but was curious as it seems so much easier to just book a BB offer!

Last edited:
Question about the BB offers. Are they always FD? I haven't paid much attention to them over the years but was curious as it seems so much easier to just book to BB offer!

They can be FD or a room only discount. Right now I'm booked on a BB for POR with a 25% off room discount for Dec 2017 that we booked while staying Dec 2016. I'm hoping to get FD instead because it would save us a few hundred $$ more, but it's still a good deal.

Question about the BB offers. Are they always FD? I haven't paid much attention to them over the years but was curious as it seems so much easier to just book to BB offer!

Sometimes it is a room only discount and sometimes it is FD.

They can be FD or a room only discount. Right now I'm booked on a BB for POR with a 25% off room discount for Dec 2017 that we booked while staying Dec 2016. I'm hoping to get FD instead because it would save us a few hundred $$ more, but it's still a good deal.
Sometimes it is a room only discount and sometimes it is FD.
Thanks! I remember seeing one a few years ago that was a room discount. Just curious how they worked!

We went in September 2015 and booked a bounce back for June of 2016. When we went in June I am pretty sure it was a room only discount.

So, what do you guys think? Discounts coming next week? Wishful thinking ? If they were going to release something next week we would have more rumblings by now, yes?

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been posted but has anyone noticed that the $75 gc at CBR is no longer on the WDW page. I know someone said the end was coming soon...I thought I read either yesterday or tomorrow. I guess it was yesterday!

Question about the BB offers. Are they always FD? I haven't paid much attention to them over the years but was curious as it seems so much easier to just book a BB offer!
Like others said it depends. I'm booked at a FD BB at WL but I may need to change dates! I knew we were definitely going back so i figured it was worth putting out the $200! But of course DH is going to be taking a job in Maryland or North VA so depending on where we go we may need to change our dates! Thankfully MD passed a law school has to start after Labor Day so if we go there we're in the clear, but if we go to NoVA DS would miss the first 2 days of first grade!! Stupid school getting in the way of my Disney plans! Lol:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter