• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! Can I ask---how did you get a reservation? The night we are trying for (10/5) is only showing until 6pm although we are checking daily. I even called last week and they were unhelpful about times
Thanks!
That may be the only one they have left! I only had two choices with our dinner time.

I would think you should be able to as long as you are doing 9 days of FP+ selections and the one Day 8/29's FP selections. Is your MNSSHP ticket showing up as linked in your MDE account? Can you see it under tickets? You might try and ask this in the FP+ thread, those people are so helpful with FP questions.

Yes that's what I am trying to do... 10 days all together. I thought I should be able to because I have the 9 day ticket and the party ticket both connected to my MDE account. But nope. It only allows me to do 9 total. I can do the 9 on any days out of my 14 day stay... Including the day of the party. But it gives me the Exceeded limit message when I try to book the 10th day. Someone else mentioned that I might need to be 60 days from the actual Halloween party ticket to get those fastpass entitlements. So maybe that's it?

So today was my 60 day mark too and I am attending the Aug 29 party. We are staying for 12 nights and 5 days of tickets us the party. When I was scheduling fast passes, the party day was the 5 the day worth of passes that I scheduled and I had no problem. Then I went to schedule our last non-payment day and I got the over-the-counter error. All I did was delete the fast passes for the party day, schedule my last non-payment day worth of passes, and go back to the party day and it let me schedule those. I'm not sure what exactly the issue was, but by deleting the fast passes on party day, scheduling everything g else, then returning to party day, it worked for me.

Considering they went so far as to stop ADRs prior to 6pm to regular park guests, and then created a party dining option with reservations offered prior to the 7pm party time.....it would make no sense to tell party guests that they cannot enter the park prior to 7pm this year.

The only way holding early party guests would even make sense is if they decided to "close" the park and sweep regular day guests out as speculated weeks ago, while allowing party guests with ADRs prior to 7pm enter the park like early morning ADR guests have in the past. That just seems too cumbersome.

Yes, I've been wondering about the 4pm thing since all the talk of the Christmas Party nights having the park listed as closing at 6pm. I'm hoping that we can get in at 4pm again this year like it's always been. But I'm more worried about it with all these changes popping up.

I've been thinking the same.

I know most will know by their party

According to the HalloWishes Dessert package guests can pick up their credentials at 4pm @ Tomorrowland Terrace. This verbiage alone suggest we are allowed into the parks at 4pm. :-)

Do you have FPs already selected for another park that morning? If so, that would be your issue.

Another thought is that they may have eliminated the ability to book FPs with a party ticket? Has anyone successfully done it this year yet?

ETA: Either the system now can detect what date your party ticket is for, or the FP booking availability is now gone. In prior years I've had a rolling 30 day window (at MK only) with only a party ticket linked. I know because I used them to "practice" booking FPs that first year. I just tried that now, however, and am getting an error message that my party does not have active ticket media (our 60 days is not open).

No fast passes booked anywhere else on party day. I actually booked the 3:30 4:30 5:30 passes for that day because we aren't using a regular ticket that day... Just planned on getting in at 4 with the party ticket. And then when I got to the last day of my trip that I am trying to book fastpasses for, it gives me the Exceeded message. So I have a 9 day ticket and 1 party ticket all connected where I can see them to my account, but I am only able to book 9 days of fast passes total. Now it does let me choose any 9 days if my stay, including party day. But when I get to book the last day of fast passes (the 10th set) it doesn't allow me to.

I was thinking maybe they had taken away the ability to book the fast passes this year with a party ticket... That would make sense on what's causing the issue then. I don't know. At this point it would probably be worth it to just bump my 9 day ticket to a 10 day ticket. It probably wouldn't cost much more really, and I would have reassurance of all my fastpasses and getting in whenever we want.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Hopefully when more people try booking party ticket fastpasses it will get figured out.

Do we think there'll be any changes to characters meet & greets this year? I know it's been similar for a few years, but when do we usually hear about changes to the characters you can meet?

That's really hard to answer in the past Disney has not been forthcoming. In the past we have gained intel from guests attending the first few parties. They usually post what they see. Last year @RAPstar gave us a really cool CM Character Map and posted it here. This was done during the first Halloween party so those that were already in the park had no prior knowledge. Sad really.

No fast passes booked anywhere else on party day. I actually booked the 3:30 4:30 5:30 passes for that day because we aren't using a regular ticket that day... Just planned on getting in at 4 with the party ticket. And then when I got to the last day of my trip that I am trying to book fastpasses for, it gives me the Exceeded message. So I have a 9 day ticket and 1 party ticket all connected where I can see them to my account, but I am only able to book 9 days of fast passes total. Now it does let me choose any 9 days if my stay, including party day. But when I get to book the last day of fast passes (the 10th set) it doesn't allow me to.

I was thinking maybe they had taken away the ability to book the fast passes this year with a party ticket... That would make sense on what's causing the issue then. I don't know. At this point it would probably be worth it to just bump my 9 day ticket to a 10 day ticket. It probably wouldn't cost much more really, and I would have reassurance of all my fastpasses and getting in whenever we want.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Hopefully when more people try booking party ticket fastpasses it will get figured out.

Try removing the fast passes for party day, finish booking all other days, then go back to the party day. And play around with the times a little. I could not book a fast pass starting at 330 without the error or one ending at 7. I ended up with 355 455 555. I know in the past they have gotten rid of anything that ended past 630 but they may have changed it up this year since I could not book starting at 330.

Anyway, I had the same error as you, but when I deleted party fast passes, made the rest, went back to the party and played with the times, I was able to do it.

Try removing the fast passes for party day, finish booking all other days, then go back to the party day. And play around with the times a little. I could not book a fast pass starting at 330 without the error or one ending at 7. I ended up with 355 455 555. I know in the past they have gotten rid of anything that ended past 630 but they may have changed it up this year since I could not book starting at 330.

Anyway, I had the same error as you, but when I deleted party fast passes, made the rest, went back to the party and played with the times, I was able to do it.

Could you please list the times of your party FPs please. Thank you! I wonder if things are a changin'.

Have I told you guys lately that I love you? My girls check in for me twice a day because I've really been on a helluva deadline this last month. My younger one just called and told me they dropped the ADRS for MNSSHP. We got BoG for both parties during out stay. Just so grateful. Because of this group, I went from knowing I was going to WDW (with no clue as to what I was doing) to staying in a great place, getting dining, going to MNSSHP and now this. It's a dream trip and we owe it to you. Thank you SO much!

Don't count on keeping that last FP+ slot. If anything, go earlier than 3:30 for the first. But the last must end at 6:30 unless something changes this year, even if it is allowed to be booked (same thing has happened the last few years).

Do they look for the party band prior to 7pm when the characters come out early...? If not, do they kick the other people out of line when the park "closes" at 7?

You have to have the party wristband on just to stand in line for the 'Halloween' characters like Jack & Sally and the Dwarfs who come out early. Then at 7pm when the other characters appear they check to see if you have them on. They set up barriers, ask guest to show wrist bands prior to parades and at the shops.

Could you please list the times of your party FPs please. Thank you! I wonder if things are a changin'.

Sorry, I realize I didn't post the clearest earlier. I was able to get fast passes for 3:55-4:55, 4:55-5:55, and 5:55-6:55. I originally had booked my party day fast passes and then when I tried to book my last non-party day of fast passes, I got an error message. I then deleted the fast passes on party day, booked the last non party day and went back to the party day. I tried for a 3:30-4:30 fast pass on party day and again got an error message. I then tried 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7. I was able to do the first two, but when I tried to add the 6-7, I got the error message again. I deleted those and tried for a 3:40-4:40 and got an error message. Finally, I tried for 3:55-4:55, 4:55-5:55, and 5:55-6:55 and that worked.

It could just be a temporary glitch right now, or it could be that they don't want you to reserve fast passes until closer to the 4:00 start time. I have no idea. They may still cancel my last fast pass, but if so, I'll try to move them around again. I would recommend though that anyone having issues play around with the times and see if you can get it to work like I did.

Don't count on keeping that last FP+ slot. If anything, go earlier than 3:30 for the first. But the last must end at 6:30 unless something changes this year, even if it is allowed to be booked (same thing has happened the last few years).

I'm fully aware that the last fast pass might be cancelled. This was THE ONLY WAY I could schedule the fast passes without getting an error. If I booked before 3:55 AT ALL ON THAT DAY, then I could not schedule a non party day of fast passes. This is the only way I could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter