"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what attractions weren't open during DAH this year (January/February 2017)?

Gosh, seems to me like pretty much everything was open unless I’m forgetting something big. Really just anything that was being refurbed at the time and things that are normally closed at night anyway.

I think maybe Tales with Belle was not open, but not sure about that?

That’s a pretty good question actually - I should add that kind of info to page 1.

Can anyone tell me what attractions weren't open during DAH this year (January/February 2017)?
Magic-Kingdom-After-Hours-event-2-411x500.jpg

So these are what is closed, is this correct?

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Riverboat, Hall of Presidents, WDW Railroad, Ariel's Grotto, Brave (Merida) meet and greet, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Princess Fairytale Hall

Am I missing anything?

Thank you for the quick response!

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Riverboat, Hall of Presidents, WDW Railroad, Ariel's Grotto, Brave (Merida) meet and greet, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Princess Fairytale Hall

Am I missing anything?

Princess Fairytale Hall is open.

Quick question, I'm going to this event on March 1st and am staying at GF. Does anyone know if the boats from the resort continue to run, if the resort monorails are closed? Also, where can Uber/Lyft pick you up as an option for getting back to the hotel as well?

Quick question, I'm going to this event on March 1st and am staying at GF. Does anyone know if the boats from the resort continue to run, if the resort monorails are closed? Also, where can Uber/Lyft pick you up as an option for getting back to the hotel as well?
I think the only ferry/boat that was working was to the TTC-none to the hotels? Someone else might be able to confirm that?

I don't remembers seeing ANY taxis/ubers this past event...Maybe at the TTC..

There will be some sort of transportation running. If the boats and monorail aren't running there will be a bus.

There will be some sort of transportation running. If the boats and monorail aren't running there will be a bus.
I ask about Uber/Lyft because it sounds like the bus is literally for all the Magic Kingdom resorts Contemporary->WL->Poly->GF and was worried it would take an hour plus to get back. Want to still be able to get up early for our last day at the resort.

I heard a rumor that Space Mountain would be next fall so hopefully it isn't closed in Spring. It's one of my favorites.

Honestly, it wouldn't break my heart of Space Mountain were to close for the Feb. 8 date. I hate that ride - my husband loves it. .. :sad2:

I ask about Uber/Lyft because it sounds like the bus is literally for all the Magic Kingdom resorts Contemporary->WL->Poly->GF and was worried it would take an hour plus to get back. Want to still be able to get up early for our last day at the resort.
There will definitely be buses back to all hotels but it may not be a direct stop. They may group certain hotels together.
By the time we went, it was pretty well organized. As you walked out to the bus stops, they would ask you what hotel you were staying at and then they would direct you to a particular bus. You wouldn't know how many or where the stops would be...

Am I missing anything?

Bummer about PeopleMover - one of my faves and strangely looking forward to seeing the view!

Past performance is not always an indication of future results when it comes to Disney, but this year only busses and the ferry were running. No resort launch to GF or monorail.

I understand why they do this - there weren’t nearly enough people there to justify keeping other modes of transportation open (in my humble opinion). But it unfortunately does create a bit of an inconvenience for places like Poly and GF, which otherwise have pretty easy transportation options.

As for Uber/Lyft, your best bet is to walk over to CR and call one from there. You could also ferry to TTC and call one from there too.

Minnie Vans pick up at the MK bus stop, so that ‘may’ (key word) be an option but I think we need to wait for some real reports of Minnie Van availability to see how that’s going to shake out.

Hope that helps!

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a pretty easy one to keep open, but I guess it's not popular enough.
The issue may not be popularity but instead reliability. The PeopleMover seems to break down a lot - not surprising given its age.
Are y’all sure about PeopleMover? I could have sworn we rode it at DAH this past Feb, but my trips may be running together.

I would love it if it were open, but reliability could be the issue - it would be pretty creepy if it broke down inside Space Mountain with so few people around! :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter