• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at our dates for POP and they didn't have any rooms available. I just wanted to see if we could add the discount to our room that is already booked. I wonder if POP isn't included or is already booked?

You can call them to see if there's any availability left for the offer at POP. It just depends on how many people called before you for that same offer at POP. I called the day it came out and I got discounted for my already booked ASMusic but there was nothing left for POR. Call them; there's no harm in trying!

You can call them to see if there's any availability left for the offer at POP. It just depends on how many people called before you for that same offer at POP. I called the day it came out and I got discounted for my already booked ASMusic but there was nothing left for POR. Call them; there's no harm in trying!
I did end up calling, but they only had room-only for the first day of my stay. I'm just going to keep it how it is. Staying POP isn't going to break the bank anyway.

So I think I am definitely going back to WDW in March, just don't know if it will be the first weekend or the second! Just waiting on my sister to figure out if she is coming. And one of the priorities is DAH! Originally my plan was Thursday: DAH, arrive at 7 and do longer attractions (Monsters, CoP, Philharmagic), leaving rides for after hours. Then Friday we'd do Epcot daytime for Flower & Garden but head back to MK for HEA dessert party. But now, if we can get it in at 4/6ish, we would be able to have extra time to take up with the HEA dessert party on Thursday! So, now for Friday, that gives time for HS in the late afternoon/evening and Fantasmic (missed that our last trip)! Saturday will be a full AK day (my favorite park with 3/5 of my top rides). This frees up things considerably!

We got our After Hours cards in the mail!! I thought they were just going to be paper tickets, but they sent actual cards. It's awesome!

We got cards for the Pirate and Princess Party at MK 10 years ago. One of them is in a scrapbook frame on the wall in our basement and I just looked at it closer a few days ago because I was thinking about buying tickets for DAH. On the back it said we paid $34.95 for an adult ticket and the party was 7-midnight.

I am curious about the design on your card. We got some cute ones for the P&P party.

We got cards for the Pirate and Princess Party at MK 10 years ago. One of them is in a scrapbook frame on the wall in our basement and I just looked at it closer a few days ago because I was thinking about buying tickets for DAH. On the back it said we paid $34.95 for an adult ticket and the party was 7-midnight.

I am curious about the design on your card. We got some cute ones for the P&P party.
So we have 4 cards and they are all different. They all say Disney fastpass+. One has Elsa from frozen, one is expedition Everest, one is its a small world, and the fourth is rock n roller coaster.

I'm pretty sure they are just normal cards you would get if you didn't have Magic Bands, but I've never had them before because we always have magic bands.

Last edited:

So we have 4 cards and they are all different. They all say Disney fastpass+. One has Elsa from frozen, one is expedition Everest, one is its a small world, and the fourth is rock n roller coaster.

I'm pretty sure they are just normal cards you would get if you didn't have Magic Bands, but I've never had them before because we always have magic bands.
Do you only get these if you are staying off site and don't have a Magic Band?

Do you only get these if you are staying off site and don't have a Magic Band?
We are staying on site at POP. I linked the tickets to my account so the CM said we can use our magic bands. They sent me the cards as a back-up in case someone doesn't want to wear their magic band or loses it.

We are staying on site at POP. I linked the tickets to my account so the CM said we can use our magic bands. They sent me the cards as a back-up in case someone doesn't want to wear their magic band or loses it.
That's a nice touch! When we went last year, they didn't send us anything..but now thinking about it, I think we bought them pretty close to the day we went...

They sound cute.... just like I would expect them to be. :)

That's a nice touch! When we went last year, they didn't send us anything..but now thinking about it, I think we bought them pretty close to the day we went...
It was unexpected so when I got them in the mail I was excited! We are surprising our niece for Christmas, but won't have the magic bands then. At least now I can give her the card instead!

The Elsa card went along with the age 3-9 ticket for our niece but she recently told me she is "over" Frozen. She really only liked Olaf. I think I'm going to give her the EE one instead. She really won't know what the Small World or RnRC ones are.

Do we know how many tickets an AP holder can buy? My parents both have APs and im seriously considering 2/15 for my family of 4.

My son is a new AP holder and he was able to buy us 6 total tickets (including his).

about 5,000 people (estimated)

Just curious where to find the numbers? We're going to be there over Jan 30 and I am considering whether to get tickets to this or not. $380 is a bit steep, but we did the MNSSHP last year and it was incredible. We went on Oct. 30 and it was jammed but we still got on rides really quickly. So I'm thinking if I can compare the two crowd levels that would give me an idea of how walk on DAH really will be.

Just curious where to find the numbers? We're going to be there over Jan 30 and I am considering whether to get tickets to this or not. $380 is a bit steep, but we did the MNSSHP last year and it was incredible. We went on Oct. 30 and it was jammed but we still got on rides really quickly. So I'm thinking if I can compare the two crowd levels that would give me an idea of how walk on DAH really will be.

Have no clue on the numbers side (wish we did), but in terms of comparing DAH to something like MNSSHP, there’s really no comparison at all. The attendance for even the slowest MNSSHP is way higher than any DAH, at least based on the event this year. DAH should be like your party experience, just minus the “Jammed” part. :-)

Have fun!

It’s just speculation. But that seemed to be the consensus for 2017. I have a hard time estimating crowds, but 5000 seemed a reasonable approximation on the night I went. It’s nothing like a party... much much less crowded.

Of course, that was 2017. They could have changed the limit for 2018. Or it could have the same limit but just be more popular this year. To our knowledge none of these sold out last year so while 5000ish people went most nights last year, the limit could have always been 10k. Who knows (except WDW peeps). As with anything disney, you mileage will likely vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter