"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 4 of us going March 8 and 2 don't know it yet! We had our trip extended by a day due to flight changes and were going to have to add a day to discounted tickets (which costs more!) so are doing this instead. Will have a relaxing pool/shopping day and then enjoy DAH. Hoping for a good night, good weather and the stamina to take advantage of the whole park in the time alloted. I'm going to wait until early event reports before I figure out a pre event food and park plan.

Our plans are set for 3/1! Dinner at Ohana at 3:45, we have an AP so will be able to use FP+ when we get to MK. Just booked the desert party for the garden view. It will be our first time seeing HEA, so really booking for the view. My kids are usually so busy on rides I would have to catch wishes from behind the castle. I also figure between the desert party and the after hours treats my DS7 and DS13 will definitely keep going until midnight.

Our plans are set for 3/1! Dinner at Ohana at 3:45, we have an AP so will be able to use FP+ when we get to MK. Just booked the desert party for the garden view. It will be our first time seeing HEA, so really booking for the view. My kids are usually so busy on rides I would have to catch wishes from behind the castle. I also figure between the desert party and the after hours treats my DS7 and DS13 will definitely keep going until midnight.

Sounds like a solid plan to me. Have fun!

You are going to love HEA. Enjoy and probably see you there.

When I bought my tickets for January 19, the CM told me that although it says entry at 7pm, they would start letting people in at 6pm. I didn't really pay much attention to her because I typically assume the phone CMs don't necessarily provide accurate information. We will not have a park ticket for the 19th. We fly down that day. We land at 4:30, hopefully to the hotel by 5:30-6 and over to MK 6 or 6:30.

Well thanks! :thumbsup2 I could have picked any of the scheduled nights & hoped to pick the least popular one. Instead I picked the most popular one so far with Dissers. Everybody else STAY AWAY!! :rotfl2:

I finally just bought our tickets today! I'm so excited!! I had to call because I had 6 gift cards to use and couldn't do it on the computer. The CM who helped me was fantastic. Definitely the best CM I've ever had on the phone.

Think I’ve updated the guest list on Post #2 for anyone who has posted dates. Let me know if I’ve missed anything/anyone.

Also for those not following, Winter 2018 discounts were posted today!!! Time to get serious about my DAH dates/resort choice!

So I'm trying to make a decision. I just got back from an awesome trip during Irma but am already feeling the urge to return! I also have an AP this year so would like to return and see Flower and Garden! My sister had 10-day tickets but could only use 8 days because of the park closure so she contacted Disney and is hoping they give her a 2-day park hopper she can use next year (in effect extending the expiration of her previous ticket). If so, we are totally returning, doing a Wed-Sunday trip with Thursday DAH and Fri/Sat using her tickets.

Now if she doesn't get the tickets and they just refund her the money ($20ish), I'm seriously considering just going solo! Cost for me would honestly not change as I would have paid for the resort entirely and my food. I'm also not scared about solo trips because I've been to Hawaii twice solo on vacation as well as go to Disneyland solo all the time (we live less than an hr away)! Decisions decisions!

Think I’ve updated the guest list on Post #2 for anyone who has posted dates. Let me know if I’ve missed anything/anyone.

Also for those not following, Winter 2018 discounts were posted today!!! Time to get serious about my DAH dates/resort choice!
I just looked at our dates for POP and they didn't have any rooms available. I just wanted to see if we could add the discount to our room that is already booked. I wonder if POP isn't included or is already booked?

We're doing a long weekend Jan. 25-29, coinciding with a school break, and were so excited to see these pop up. We did EMM in August 2016, and that was a huge hit; this is going to be even better with so many more rides available!! We bought our tickets for the 26th almost immediately after seeing the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter