Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

They just went Live with the AP early entry sign ups!! We will be there the 21st!

You can access on the AP page on the universal Orlando website.
THANKS!!

Got us signed up! 9/21.

Talking with the DD I am bringing and what we would like to do within constrains of my budget (way too many Disney trips this past year thanks to oldest doing a DCP x 2).

Was toying with idea of adding a MNSSHP-but I think we are going to do a daytime tour, and getting a ROF pass for us so we can come and go the 4 nights we are there. Along with this early entry-hoping we won't regret not getting the EP . It's just out of the budget for more than one night and I hope we will get better touring with the ROF.

This trip started off very budget as we have the free HHN ticket with our AP's...I can't help adding stuff :rolleyes1

I signed us up for the 21st too! It's funny that they're limiting it to only 1 event night per passholder unlike previous years.

Good thing we only wanted to go to the AP event one night as we prefer to do stay and scream at Finnegan's anyways. Plus we booked the scareactor dining for the 20th so we have all the holding areas covered.

Only two more weeks to go!

Can anyone give reviews in the scareactor dining? Thought about booking it for my DH and DD for the Friday night they go, but scared it will eat into too much time and not be worth it? Any opinions?

I signed us up for the 21st too! It's funny that they're limiting it to only 1 event night per passholder unlike previous years.

Good thing we only wanted to go to the AP event one night as we prefer to do stay and scream at Finnegan's anyways. Plus we booked the scareactor dining for the 20th so we have all the holding areas covered.

Only two more weeks to go!

Vicki, I`ve heard little rumblings that they are really upping the standard of the Scare actor dinner this year...…..sounds as though it will be massively improved from previous years...…..:thumbsup2

Even though I purchased the package 4 days ago I still haven’t received all of the info. My ticket within my wallet still says processing. They sent a very generic response to my email. I’ll try to call them in a few days.

You think it’s brtter to wait outside the entrance? Thanks for the tip.

Update, I called up and they said because it was an online order it’ll always show processing and I will not receive a physical ticket. Pickup for the RIP tickets this year will be by the Univeral Studios entrance at a VIP window near guest services. The representative advised that I can pick up the ticket any time they’re open (even the day before is ok) if I want to stay and scream and do not want to exit the park right before the RIP tour to get the tickets.

Any news on the food offerings this year? Or a list somewhere of what the options and specialty items will be? Apologies if I've missed it!

Can anyone give reviews in the scareactor dining? Thought about booking it for my DH and DD for the Friday night they go, but scared it will eat into too much time and not be worth it? Any opinions?

We went the first two years it was offered. The food was OK the first year. Second year the food seemed worse. Some of the character actors were good. Chance ignored us (table of two) like 5 times. And this was at the first seating of the night. It's not like the place was full. There were two other tables in our section of the restaurant and they both got all the attention. We complained about being ignored, and got some kind of photo card for free photos. The photos did not make it to the photo pickup location at the park exit.

We've not gone back since and have no plans to. SnS gives similar opportunities for early entry to houses before the general public is let in. The scare zone in front of the park gives similar opportunities for selfies with the scareactors.

Update, I called up and they said because it was an online order it’ll always show processing and I will not receive a physical ticket. Pickup for the RIP tickets this year will be by the Univeral Studios entrance at a VIP window near guest services. The representative advised that I can pick up the ticket any time they’re open (even the day before is ok) if I want to stay and scream and do not want to exit the park right before the RIP tour to get the tickets.

That's convenient. I guess we'll see how the private ones are working once someone has done it. Thanks

We went the first two years it was offered. The food was OK the first year. Second year the food seemed worse. Some of the character actors were good. Chance ignored us (table of two) like 5 times. And this was at the first seating of the night. It's not like the place was full. There were two other tables in our section of the restaurant and they both got all the attention. We complained about being ignored, and got some kind of photo card for free photos. The photos did not make it to the photo pickup location at the park exit.

We've not gone back since and have no plans to. SnS gives similar opportunities for early entry to houses before the general public is let in. The scare zone in front of the park gives similar opportunities for selfies with the scareactors.

We had the same experience! We enjoyed it the first year and thought the food was okay. Second year the food seemed a little worse and we were also a table of 2 and got skipped over by some of the characters (Chance was one of them). They also had a problem scanning our dinner tickets at the door and we had to sort it out at guest services which took some time away from the dinner. Anyway last year we decided to just do the Ap holding area and we planned to do it again this year.

@HollyMD it can be fun the first year we had a great time with the characters, food was never the greatest, we felt more rushed the last time we did it. I haven’t felt like it was worth it the last 2 years especially since the AP area releases a little earlier, but it can be a fun experience. Last time we did it, it pretty much ended when the houses opened so it wouldn't take too much time. You’ll want to reserve the earliests eating you can though so you have enough time to eat and get pictures.

Finally have a replacement keyboard, apologies for delay in updating thread. Will have all in place tomorrow.
C
wanted to mention that the special tix Bogo that were offered earlier this year CAN be upgraded at the gate.:banana:

Called U today when the email came in for the Q&A days. Said you can also apply APH discount to whatever HHN tix you pick -

2 WEEKS TO GO...………………….:D

Next pictures courtesy of Bioreconstruct………..

Dl4mhX9UwAAEBED.jpg

DluUh4VXoAEoT5h.jpg

Dl4nKqYU8AA1TuH.jpg

We just signed up for the AP night on 9/22! So excited! Last year we were able to do all houses except one, Saw, without purchasing EP. And I think the longest we waited was maybe 20 minutes or so. I'm so psyched about the Stranger Things house this year, as well as the merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter