"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

With all the costume rules, I was wondering what you all think of this costume for a 6 year old?

Will they allow it?

It deflates in 2 seconds to nothing and my guess is after about 20 min in it he will want to take it off anyway.

what u all think?

thanks

Attachments

• 640183R_1.jpg
    640183R_1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 35
With all the costume rules, I was wondering what you all think of this costume for a 6 year old?

Will they allow it?

It deflates in 2 seconds to nothing and my guess is after about 20 min in it he will want to take it off anyway.

what u all think?

thanks

I would check out this: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/"]Post #1[/URL] There is even a video.

Can someone remind me of how the Fastpass rules work if you have a regular ticket and a party ticket for that day?

For example, I have an Annual Pass. I also have a party ticket. Assume the Party Ticket is in my own MDE account (same as my Annual Pass), not a different account. I am not staying Club Level, so ignore the rules about buying extra Fastpasses.

Is it an either/or situation? Meaning I can make 3 Fastpasses in advance for before 4:00 pm that day using my Annual Pass OR I can make 3 Fastpasses in advance for after 4:00 pm that day using my Party Ticket.

Or can I do both in advance?

Edit - I think somebody answered my question while I was typing it out.
Either or if the tickets are in the same account. You are still limited to 3/day in this case.

Will they allow it?

what u all think?

thanks

My 6 yr old has this costume, he wore it at home 2 yrs ago for Halloween. FAVORITE.
I can't answer your question if it is allowed. I would think it would be okay since his face shows, but it does get pretty bulky, so would they consider that in the way of others? :confused3

Will they allow it?

what u all think?

thanks
Depending on the date of the party you're attending, I would be concerned about how hot your son would be if you're going to an August or early September party. Those dates are often still melt-your-face-off-hot so I could not imagine being inside a plastic costume that presumably does not breathe at all. It's cute, just looks HOT!

Depending on the date of the party you're attending, I would be concerned about how hot your son would be if you're going to an August or early September party. Those dates are often still melt-your-face-off-hot so I could not imagine being inside a plastic costume that presumably does not breathe at all. It's cute, just looks HOT!

Going on Halloween night. So hopefully not that bad

2 vs. 3 FP for party days?

We are only attending the party - no other tickets - but staying onsite. Went to book our FPs today and got 2 FPs for each day. One from 3:50 to 4:50, one from 5:00 to 6pm (party 1) along with 3:30 to 4:30 and 4:50 to 5:50 (party 2). Is there a way to work the times to get 3 FPs during the 2 hours a party guest could be in that park? I'm wondering if there's no set rule of only 2, but functionally there's no way to fit 3 in for the time period. I did have one pass that started at 5:30 at one point, but it was a 30 minute pass, the window ended at 6.

Also made my fast passes this morning for my party only ticket for Sept 9th with no issues, with first time slot starting at 330p. No issues of availability getting 7DMT either. Not having BTMR on party night as of now made me use one I normally wouldn't on it but oh well.

2 vs. 3 FP for party days?

We are only attending the party - no other tickets - but staying onsite. Went to book our FPs today and got 2 FPs for each day. One from 3:50 to 4:50, one from 5:00 to 6pm (party 1) along with 3:30 to 4:30 and 4:50 to 5:50 (party 2). Is there a way to work the times to get 3 FPs during the 2 hours a party guest could be in that park? I'm wondering if there's no set rule of only 2, but functionally there's no way to fit 3 in for the time period. I did have one pass that started at 5:30 at one point, but it was a 30 minute pass, the window ended at 6.

I just did that this morning like many others. Easiest way is to do 330p-430p, 430p-530p, 530p-6p.

I schedule the first two somewhat close to each other so you basically do them back to back and gives you more than enough time to do your last one. Other strategies, I pick FP for ones that have long lines during the party (7DMT, peter pan, etc), aren't offered during the party (jungle cruise, BTMR, Enchanted Tales, etc), or now the same ride during or before the party. I also book my first one as the least of the 3 I want to do in case I have issues getting to or in the park by 4p. Just suggestions :)

Last edited:
2 quick questions:

1) During the party, can you see wait times on MDE? Just thinking I might want to look at trends if wait times for SM, PotC, etc. from home before I go to the party. I’m going to the second to last party so I’m expecting longer waits.

2) Is there usually a MNSSHP special Christmas ornament? It’s tradition to get an ornament each time we go so I am hoping for something special.

To the adult-only groups on this thread, why do YOU go to MNSSHP? Let me preface this by saying I'm a MNSSHP veteran and have been too many times to count. However, dh is trying VERY hard to convince me not to go this year. We used to love the trick or treating, shows and ambiance. We don't wait in lines to meet the characters, but we do walk by the popular ones and try to take some pictures. We've gotten some pretty good ones over the years. Our pics of J & S last year were terrific. Anyway, this brings us to this year. Due to health reasons, we won't be trick or treating if we do decide to go. We wouldn't get the allergy friendly stuff either, so no treats. Dh is tired of the shows/parade/fireworks. He enjoys them all immensely, but feels like we've 'been there, done that' after several consecutive years. I've read about the upcoming changes to some of the rides (i.e. Space & Pirates), but I don't think that's enough to convince him to go again. I'm waiting for reviews from the first couple parties to decide. Since this party is my favorite special event in Disney, I wanted to ask fellow adults on this thread why do YOU go? Looking for a little inspiration. ;)

To the adult-only groups on this thread, why do YOU go to MNSSHP? Let me preface this by saying I'm a MNSSHP veteran and have been too many times to count. However, dh is trying VERY hard to convince me not to go this year. We used to love the trick or treating, shows and ambiance. We don't wait in lines to meet the characters, but we do walk by the popular ones and try to take some pictures. We've gotten some pretty good ones over the years. Our pics of J & S last year were terrific. Anyway, this brings us to this year. Due to health reasons, we won't be trick or treating if we do decide to go. We wouldn't get the allergy friendly stuff either, so no treats. Dh is tired of the shows/parade/fireworks. He enjoys them all immensely, but feels like we've 'been there, done that' after several consecutive years. I've read about the upcoming changes to some of the rides (i.e. Space & Pirates), but I don't think that's enough to convince him to go again. I'm waiting for reviews from the first couple parties to decide. Since this party is my favorite special event in Disney, I wanted to ask fellow adults on this thread why do YOU go? Looking for a little inspiration. ;)
Is there someone else that could go with you instead? This year will be our first time there. I’m really excited to see the special characters, trick or treat, watch the fireworks and parade, and ride rides with less of a wait. I’m also really excited to buy special treats and merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter