"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Military discount dates and pricing:

MNSSHP: August 17, 24, 28, 31; September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18 - $56.25 Adult, $51.10 Child (3-9)

MVMCP: November 9, 12, 13, 15 - $71.50 Adult, $66.40 Child (3-9)

Arghhhhhh! I just miss it. Where did you get this info, if I may ask? I was worried that doing the earlier parties might mean the military discount ends earlier.

Arghhhhhh! I just miss it. Where did you get this info, if I may ask? I was worried that doing the earlier parties might mean the military discount ends earlier.

Someone shared it that received it in an email from Shades of Green this morning.

I'm in Canada and am dealing with an Authorized Disney Travel Agent.

Will she be able to buy them for me and add the cost to my over-all plan that is due later?

I'm looking to go October 2nd.

Thanks!
These tickets must be paid in full when purchased, they cannot be added to a package. But she should be able to get them for you.

Someone shared it that received it in an email from Shades of Green this morning.
Thank you!

We are DVC. But does anyone know if I can go to Shades and buy non discounted tickets for the tax break? Thinking it’ll be better than the DVC discount... but can’t remember the tax percentage either.

These tickets must be paid in full when purchased, they cannot be added to a package. But she should be able to get them for you.

Thanks so much!

Everyone seems to be in a frenzy, but there's no risk of Party days selling out this soon is there?

I've never been through this before .

For those worried about getting tickets before a sell-out, you have plenty of time to get your tickets. Halloween night is the first night to sell out, and it's the only night that ever sells out significantly in advance. Last year (2017), Halloween night sold out by October 8th, and in 2016 it sold out by Sept 7th (no idea why it sold out so much later in 2017, probably the constant price increases). Most other dates are not sell-outs, or only sell-out that same day or a day in advance. In 2017, October 15th was the only other sell-out date, and it sold out that same day. In 2016, the sell-out dates other than Halloween were on Oct 30th (10 days in advance) and Sept 25th (sold out that same day). With the expected price increases, you can be fairly certain of getting your tickets after you arrive at WDW, except for Halloween.

Honestly, I am considering whether or not to wait until a few days in advance to buy my tickets for September, just so I can gauge the weather and maybe avoid picking a rainy night for a party. The first full week of September is unusually dense with parties, and if I could choose between, say, Sept 7th or Sept 9th, I can wait until a day or so in advance and choose the party date with the better chance for no rain. Since FP+ isn't in effect during the party, there's no need to get your tickets so far in advance unless it's Oct 31.

For those worried about getting tickets before a sell-out, you have plenty of time to get your tickets. Halloween night is the first night to sell out, and it's the only night that ever sells out significantly in advance. Last year (2017), Halloween night sold out by October 8th, and in 2016 it sold out by Sept 7th (no idea why it sold out so much later in 2017, probably the constant price increases). Most other dates are not sell-outs, or only sell-out that same day or a day in advance. In 2017, October 15th was the only other sell-out date, and it sold out that same day. In 2016, the sell-out dates other than Halloween were on Oct 30th (10 days in advance) and Sept 25th (sold out that same day). With the expected price increases, you can be fairly certain of getting your tickets after you arrive at WDW, except for Halloween.

Honestly, I am considering whether or not to wait until a few days in advance to buy my tickets for September, just so I can gauge the weather and maybe avoid picking a rainy night for a party. The first full week of September is unusually dense with parties, and if I could choose between, say, Sept 7th or Sept 9th, I can wait until a day or so in advance and choose the party date with the better chance for no rain. Since FP+ isn't in effect during the party, there's no need to get your tickets so far in advance unless it's Oct 31.

So our plan is to attend the MNSSHP party on aug 24. I’m going to take that chance and wait until I’m on vacation and we are down there to purchase the tickets. It’s the last night of our trip so that way I can get a handle on the weather. I have friends who bought ahead of time one year and it rained all night. Another bought ahead of time and i think it was canceled for a hurricane, however they did get their money back. If they sell out before then I’ll be ok. We still have park tickets for that day and can hit another park that evening. Living on the edge here and leaving it to chance......but it will be fun if it all works out! Haven’t been to one since 2006!

For anyone who ordered their ticket via phone today, are your tickets showing up on your MDE account?
Its showing weird like under tickets and it has all 6 names on the tickets but its doesnt say what it is but I got an email saying I linked MNSSHP tickets.. I never did get my confirmation email of purchase tho

Its showing weird like under tickets and it has all 6 names on the tickets but its doesnt say what it is but I got an email saying I linked MNSSHP tickets.. I never did get my confirmation email of purchase tho

I didn't get a confirmation on purchase either, but I did go ahead and manually link with the confirmation number they gave me and now I'm seeing the same as you, blank ticket name under the ticket section but with the correct names assigned to each. So I've made some progress!

This is a perfectly rational plan, unless you're somebody like me who is a natural worrier and isn't happy until every detail of my vacation is confirmed and set and preferably the earlier the better. I also like to get things paid off as far in advance as possible as well. That would be why I was one of the ones on the phone today.

Tried to buy over the phone and got cut off once then got through second time but they charge extra to ship to Australia. She asked if I have a magic band and I said yes but it’s old and won’t get the next one until my next trip and also if I have a resort booking already but I told her it was DVC and likely to change (worried she wanted the confirmation number). It was very early in the morning here and all these seemingly irrelevant questions were confusing me so I said I would just wait until it is possible to book myself online.

She also mentioned DVC discounts but couldn’t confirm whether I was ineligible as a resale buyer. The MNNSHP date I wanted had no discounts anyway so at least that saved me a second call to DVC only to confirm I wasn’t eligible. (That’s right isn’t it?).

I assume if I book online I can just get the number to connect to my Disney experience? Much less confusing to do things myself at a time of the day my brain is awake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter