"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

I’m assuming they don’t know which dates will be discounted yet?

I am hoping for 9/23 or 25.
I need 7 tickets, though, and was going to walk to SoG and purchase them when I am on site next month. Does anyone know if they’ll sell me 6 discounted and then let me purchase 1 more through them at the advance purchase rate (assuming it’s a date offering that price) or would I have to go back to Disney directly for that last ticket? I’m DVC but figured the no tax might be better than the DVC discount.

So excited! Haven’t done MNSSHP in 5 years!

When I contacted SOG this morning, they did not have any dates at that time, and I was just told tickets would be available by the end of the month. A pp indicated the following dates for the military discount:

MNSSHP: August 17, 24, 28, 31; September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18 - $56.25 Adult, $51.10 Child (3-9).

It appears as though 9/23 and 9/25 are not included here, but you can verify those dates with SOG. I believe you may be able to purchase non discounted tickets at SOG.

Last edited:
2 for Sept 16th! Just me and my husband--our first MNSSHP!!! The CM was super nice and gave us the AP discount since I told her we were planning on upgrading when we get there. She said the tickets will be at will call and they'll verify the AP then; if we decide not to upgrade we'll just pay the difference then. :)

As far as costumes...we have the Star Wars Han/Leia "I Love You"/"I Know" t shirts which we might do, though my husband did offer to be the Bert to my Mary Poppins, and I am semi-inclined to do that, but not sure how. Maybe just the Mary Poppins dress from the Dress Shop? Though then I'm not sure how to put together a Bert costume for him.....decisions decisions! :)

Not sure if this has been asked yet - can I use a Disney Rewards card to pay for MNSSHP tickets (the kind you get from your Disney Visa points)? We've been saving and saving . . .

I bought 4 adult tickets for August 28th. I did get the confirmation number from the CM, no email yet, and nothing showing in MDE. I can link them using the number, but ran into a problem. For 3 of the tickets, even though the ticket shows for ages 10+, and the people I am matching them to are all 18+, it warned me that I was trying to match tickets to a guest whose age is outside the ticket's age range. However, it seems to have gone through regardless.
Me too!! Mine won't link, but DD15's will... so I just keep backing out. The CM offered to transfer me to the help desk.. I'll call back in a few days if it doesn't straighten itself out. My tix are in the mail.

I bought my ticket today for August 24. I am glad to not be the first party person. I would hate to miss someth8ng important. I asked if they could me mail the ticket and he said yes no extra fee!!!!! He said 7-10 business days. I did receive a confirmation and an email confirmation as well. I have not tried to link them anything yet and I will wait until Wednesday to do this just in case I run into a snag. I cannot be at work and worry about Disney stuff. I am completely surprised that Disney started selling tickets without any warning like the previous years. I wonder if we are in for a big stink surprise this year??????!!!!!
Its probably a diversion from the parking fee fiasco

Ok, tell me about the party on 10/31. I arrive that morning, coming in for Wine & Dine. How crazy does it get? I love the parties, and especially MNSSHP, but I am wondering if it is worth 125 or if it is just too crowded.

Ok, tell me about the party on 10/31. I arrive that morning, coming in for Wine & Dine. How crazy does it get? I love the parties, and especially MNSSHP, but I am wondering if it is worth 125 or if it is just too crowded.
I'm wondering this, too. We aren't 100% sure we are going, but would most likely get there 10/30. I think it would be hard to make the party that night which means 10/31 is our only option.

General Purchase Pricing
August 28 and September 3, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23: $75 Adult / $70 Child (Ages 3-9)

Annual Passholder & Disney Vacation Club Pricing
August 28; September 3, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 28 & 30 and October 2 & 4: $84 Adult / $79 Child

Thanks so much for putting this thread together - and I KNOW you have been slammed today with updating info but just quoting that bit above because there is an error there somewhere - just not sure which part. Unless it is the worst discount ever ;)

Again - THANK YOU for all your hard work and time!!

Me too!! Mine won't link, but DD15's will... so I just keep backing out. The CM offered to transfer me to the help desk.. I'll call back in a few days if it doesn't straighten itself out. My tix are in the mail.
It let me link them, even though there was a warning, there was a button to do it anyway, or ignore, or something to that effect.

Its probably a diversion from the parking fee fiasco
Yes, definately!
Especially given the tickets are not available on-line yet and the video on the webpage doesn't work (edit, does work now but I had to select USA as the location)
Clearly a rushed decision

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many tickets they offer for sale for each night? We remember the last time we went in 2008 it was busy, but not like during the day. We were just curious if anyone knew.

~D

Can anyone tell me if they’ve ever added days to the MNSSHP schedule after they announced dates?

I have big family trip planned 11/3-11/10. Based on previous year’s schedules, I was hoping if my husband & kids went down a day or two early we could catch the last Halloween party and then the first Christmas one. I booked a room for the extra days just this weekend so I wouldn’t lose out to the marathon crowd. I just about died of disappointment when I saw the announcement today.

Just thought I’d ask before I cancel my room. :(

I bought 2 tickets for October 25 for $110 apiece. We arrive on October 24, just before midnight and will stay at a motel near airport, taking MDE next morning. We are staying at BLT, so we will probably make a day of it at MK, with an afternoon break in the middle. I was wondering how closing at midnight was handled. Are most meet and greets done long before midnight? I'm assuming that, if you are in line for a ride just before midnight, they don't throw you out at midnight. Since we are a 15 minute walk back to our room, I want to take full advantage of the 7-12 timeframe. Also, since we have AP's, will Memory Maker be free?

I bought 2 tickets for October 25 for $110 apiece. We arrive on October 24, just before midnight and will stay at a motel near airport, taking MDE next morning. We are staying at BLT, so we will probably make a day of it at MK, with an afternoon break in the middle. I was wondering how closing at midnight was handled. Are most meet and greets done long before midnight? I'm assuming that, if you are in line for a ride just before midnight, they don't throw you out at midnight. Since we are a 15 minute walk back to our room, I want to take full advantage of the 7-12 timeframe. Also, since we have AP's, will Memory Maker be free?
I’m not sure if it works the same with MNSSHP but for after hours the characters met up until the last second.

Me and my 6 yo daughter stayed while my wife and little one headed back to the Contemporary last year and we got in line for space one night and 7DMT on another party night right at closing. There were no lines at closing during our 2 times at the party but no they wont throw you out. Everyone in line gets to ride. We were actually the very last to ride one regular park night. We got in line about 15 till and when we came off the ride the CM motioned us to get back in line. It was pretty awesome to be the only ones on 7DMT. One memory we will never forget!

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7881886938.jpeg

Regarding ticket prices:

Prices without tax are shown at this website: https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mic...-so-scary-halloween-party-pricing-details.htm

Prices with tax are shown at this website: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...-special-events-festivals-and-parties/#mnsshp

Tax is 6.5%

I know prices are shown in the first post of this thread. I put this together to show prices without tax and with tax for Advance Sales and AP/DVC Advance Sales. I have no inside information. This is based on those two websites.

August 17, 24, 31
September 7, 14, 21, 25

Same Day Sale: Adult $89, Child $84
Advance Sale: Adult $79, Child $74. [with tax: $84.14, $78.81]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: Adult $74, Child $69. [with tax: $78.81, $73.49]

August 28; September 3, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23
Same Day Sale: Adult $85, Child $80
Advance Sale: Adult $75, Child $70. [with tax: $79.88, $74.55]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: Adult $70, Child $65. [With tax: $74.55, $69.23]

September 28, 30; October 2, 4
Same Day Sale: Adult $99, Child $94
Advance Sale: Adult $89, Child $84. [with tax: $94.79, $89.46]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: Adult $84, Child $79. [ with tax: $89.46, $84.14]

October 5, 12, 19, 26, 28, 30
Same Day Adult $119, Child $114
Advance Sale Adult $119, Child $114. [with tax: $116.09, $110.76]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: no discount

October 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 21, 23
Same Day Adult $109, Child $104
Advance Sale Adult $99, Child $94. [with tax: $105.44, $100.11]
AP/DVC Advance Sale: Adult $94, Child $89. [with tax: $100.11, $94.79]

October 18, 25
Same Day Adult $109, Child $104
Advance Sale Adult $99, Child $94. [with tax: $105.44, $100.11]

October 31
Adult $125, Child $120. [with tax: $133.13, $127.80]
Advance Sale: no discount

AP discount: Available to Passholders with Premier Passport, Platinum Plus Pass, Platinum Pass, Gold Pass, Silver Pass, Weekday Select or Epcot After 4 Annual Pass. Passholders may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to three guests.

Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Members may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to seven guests.

Adult is ages 10 and up.
Child is ages 3 to 9.

Went to make our dining reservations this morning and noticed on our party night, reservations can't be made at MK past 2:30 in the afternoon. Now I remember from past years they didn't release the later day dining reservations until a later date....but does anyone remember about when they have released those evening reservations on party nights? Also...2:30 seems super early...wasn't the cut off like 6 before?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter