"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Went to make our dining reservations this morning and noticed on our party night, reservations can't be made at MK past 2:30 in the afternoon. Now I remember from past years they didn't release the later day dining reservations until a later date....but does anyone remember about when they have released those evening reservations on party nights? Also...2:30 seems super early...wasn't the cut off like 6 before?!?!
I've been wondering the same thing. I tried to call but there was a super long wait and I had to be at work. Anyone else know?

Anyone in the UK 3rd party websites are selling all dates online with hard tickets sent direct from Disney in the post. Also the price seems really good taking into account bank charges and exchange rates if booked direct from Disney. Just got mine for 23rd October £80 adult £76 Child!!!!

Booked our tickets for 23rd October. This will be our first Halloween party : hubby, myself and son, daughter.

Can't wait :goodvibes

One thing I can't decide on is.....making an adr at 2:30/3:00pm inside the park? So we avoid the 4pm queue to enter.
OR
Shall we eat at our resort and make it in later, say 5/6 pm?
Our children are aged 9 and 4 ( nearly 5 in oct ) and I would like them to last as long as possible for the party. We aren't too fussed about characters, maybe Jack Sparrow.

Any advice will be appreciated :)

Anyone in the UK 3rd party websites are selling all dates online with hard tickets sent direct from Disney in the post. Also the price seems really good taking into account bank charges and exchange rates if booked direct from Disney. Just got mine for 23rd October £80 adult £76 Child!!!!
I bought ours this morning for 23rd October, also from uk. Very happy with the price compared to direct with Disney!

Reactions: nmd

I posted this earlier but I think it’s still marginally cheaper to book through Disney. I just paid approx £76/ticket. It does mean that we won’t get the hard ticket though.

This is what I said: For any others in the UK, the British sites are selling the tickets for 16/10 for £80 (£109 on Halloween itself) so buying in dollars through Disney will be significantly cheaper.

Edit: I just bought 4 (3 adults, 1 child) tickets for 16/10 from Disney and the total was £302.85. That was using Amex, with no discounts. The total in dollars was $416.43. I hope this helps someone.

Reactions: nmd
Booked our tickets for 23rd October. This will be our first Halloween party : hubby, myself and son, daughter.

One thing I can't decide on is.....making an adr at 2:30/3:00pm inside the park? So we avoid the 4pm queue to enter.
OR
Our children are aged 9 and 4 ( nearly 5 in oct ) and I would like them to last as long as possible for the party. We aren't too fussed about characters, maybe Jack Sparrow.

We ate late lunch at WCC and then walked over for the 4pm open. This time we are doing a late CM brunch then walking over.

I tried to call last night, but gave up after 20 minutes. The recording said there was an OVER 30 minute wait, without specifying how much over "due to higher than normal call volume." As long as they don't sell out before this weekend I will just head down to Disney and buy in person (no dealing with USPS or misheard words). I know its been posted that only 2 dates sold out last year and not until August, but given how many people are bragging they got tickets already and the call volume, I am a bit worried.

Went to make our dining reservations this morning and noticed on our party night, reservations can't be made at MK past 2:30 in the afternoon. Now I remember from past years they didn't release the later day dining reservations until a later date....but does anyone remember about when they have released those evening reservations on party nights? Also...2:30 seems super early...wasn't the cut off like 6 before?!?!
They are definitely doing something different this year....wondering if dinner will be limited to only party guests? Which seems crazy?? You’re right, though, in years prior you could definitely book TS meals right up to the start of the party (or close to it) with a separate page added later for reservations during the party. So not sure what the angle is this year?

I bought 2 tickets for October 25 for $110 apiece. We arrive on October 24, just before midnight and will stay at a motel near airport, taking MDE next morning. We are staying at BLT, so we will probably make a day of it at MK, with an afternoon break in the middle. I was wondering how closing at midnight was handled. Are most meet and greets done long before midnight? I'm assuming that, if you are in line for a ride just before midnight, they don't throw you out at midnight. Since we are a 15 minute walk back to our room, I want to take full advantage of the 7-12 timeframe. Also, since we have AP's, will Memory Maker be free?
While most characters do meet until midnight, they will definitely cut the line if they feel the current queue will take them until the end of the party. So it’s not like a ride where you can get in line at 11:59 and be guaranteed to meet them.

I'm struggling to decide between Fri - 9/14 and Tue - 9/18. If we went to a Friday night party we would drive down Thursday night after school, sleep in and go to party Friday night, then come home Saturday evening after a leisurely day sightseeing in Orlando, and rest up on Sunday. If we went to a Tuesday night party, we'd drive down Monday night after school, sleep in and go to party Tuesday night, then come home Wednesday and go back to school Thursday and Friday (yuck). I feel like we'd enjoy our overall trip more if we did the Friday option, but I feel like we'd enjoy our actual park time more on a Tuesday. So I guess my question is, is there a noticeable difference in crowds Fri vs. Tue in September that would have a significant impact on touring particularly for the parades/fireworks/shows? In other words, based on past experiences, do you have to stake out a parade/fireworks spot significantly earlier on a weekend vs. a weeknight? Not trying to sound petty, but I just needed a place to say (type) this out loud so if anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it. If not, thanks anyway for listening. :-)
My advice is always to pick the party that works best with your schedule. Sold out or not, the party exclusive events (characters, parade, fireworks) are going to be crowded no matter what night you go. Having a good plan is far more important than which night you attend.

OR

Mine are 9 and 5 and our plan will be (and has been for years) a rest/Resort day with a forced nap, entering the party at 4. We do a TS meal in MK, use a few FPs then line up for our priority character. Jack Sparrow doesn’t start meeting until 7, so if he’s your priority, you won’t need to line up until 6:15/6:30. You know your kids best, but mine would never make it from 2 until midnight and I spend far too much money on these tickets to leave the party early!! Plus, you won’t need to use a regular park ticket if you wait until after 4 to enter. The line to enter at 4 moves quite quickly as there’s a special party entrance that’s open just for MNSSHP guests.

Mine are 9 and 5 and our plan will be (and has been for years) a rest/Resort day with a forced nap, entering the party at 4. We do a TS meal in MK, use a few FPs then line up for our priority character. Jack Sparrow doesn’t start meeting until 7, so if he’s your priority, you won’t need to line up until 6:15/6:30. You know your kids best, but mine would never make it from 2 until midnight and I spend far too much money on these tickets to leave the party early!! Plus, you won’t need to use a regular park ticket if you wait until after 4 to enter. The line to enter at 4 moves quite quickly as there’s a special party entrance that’s open just for MNSSHP guests.
That's brilliant advice, thank you!

We plan on a resort day but was worried that if we got to the park at 4 it may take ages to queue to get in.

Just purchased my tickets for September 23! Just DH and I and a first for both of us. Super excited!

Had a small glitch with MDE when linking the tickets. For both DH and I an error popped up saying we were not in the age range for the tickets purchased. As I was linking my tickets while on the phone with the lovely CM that took the order, she passed me over to the IT guys and in the meantime the glitch worked itself out - got emails confirming the link to both DH and I. MDE showed that additional tickets were linked but it didn’t say that they were for MNSSHP. The IT guy said it’s a visual glitch that’s being worked on but assured me that the link and our ages were all good.

I posted this earlier but I think it’s still marginally cheaper to book through Disney. I just paid approx £76/ticket
Another Happy UK MNSSHP'er!
We got DVC discount so with the exchange rate ours was around £199 for 4 of us in August. Can't wait. I've done the one in Paris, but never in WDW, we've never been out there past Early August.....

This is the first year we are ditching Disney as a destination and instead foregoing for a Universal trip. Then it occurred to me that I have $400 in rewards dollars still lying around. We are looking at booking one of the first parties, at the end of August. True, it's way too early to be thinking about Disney at that point, but the flip side is that it gets the entire family into the park for a reasonable amount of $$$ where we can be assured to get on quite a few rides (don't care about trick or treating), see a great parade and fireworks to boot. Question- are we still envisioning the same admission time of between 3:30 and 4PM for day-trippers like me? The prospect of actually paying for a meal at Disney for the first time in my life is daunting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter