"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I started queueing from just after 4pm ready for when they came out and I was done by about 5:45pm. I think some people managed to get a reasonable queue time late into the party but I don't remember. If you do that first then you know you've got that meet done and you can enjoy the rest of your party.

Great. Thank you!

Last year was our first MNSSHP and we loved it so much we did 2 nights! We have gone to MVMCP multiple times (and will go again this year), but we will go to the Sept 3 MNSSHP too. Such a fun atmosphere! Ended up with so much candy last year, we gave it away to our trick or treaters at home. Saving that $20 that I didn't have to spend on candy helps me justify the cost! LOL :)

Last year was our first MNSSHP and we loved it so much we did 2 nights! We have gone to MVMCP multiple times (and will go again this year), but we will go to the Sept 3 MNSSHP too. Such a fun atmosphere! Ended up with so much candy last year, we gave it away to our trick or treaters at home. Saving that $20 that I didn't have to spend on candy helps me justify the cost! LOL :)
I like that idea! Especially the candy I don't like

Can anyone comment if there is a big difference in crowd levels between a midweek party and a weekend party? I am looking for some August dates and I cannot decide if we should do the 28th or the 31st. I would think that a Tuesday would have less crowds and Friday due to locals not taking their kids there on a school night

Can anyone comment if there is a big difference in crowd levels between a midweek party and a weekend party? I am looking for some August dates and I cannot decide if we should do the 28th or the 31st. I would think that a Tuesday would have less crowds and Friday due to locals not taking their kids there on a school night
People are saying that the weekday parties are less busy than the weekend ones as they weekend parties tend to draw more locals. We're looking at going on Aug 28th too. Just need to get my vacation approved so that I can buy tickets!

We went on a weekday last year and it was not crowded at all. I’ve heard to avoid Friday’s because of crowds but I can’t say though.

I have been to both weekend and weekday parties and I couldn't tell any difference at all.

Has anyone booked the Return to Sleepy Hollow event yet? I called and booked this morning and it still hasn't shown up in MDE and I haven't gotten a confirmation email. The CM on the phone mentioned that it might not show up in my account, but I figured I'd at least get an email.

I'll add my two cents by saying while I can't speak from experience, I'm in the same boat and have decided to go on a Friday party instead of a Tuesday party in September because we'll have the weekend to rest up instead have going back to school in the middle of the week exhausted. Something to consider... from what I've read the major events like popular characters, parades, and fireworks, have minimal differences in crowd sizes and wait times regardless of whether it is a weekend or weeknight. The exception to this rule would be sellouts which could see considerably higher crowds and wait times. Also, I have to imagine that all rides would be running at full capacity on a Friday night, but I'm not so sure about a weeknight which could make wait times longer even if there are less people. That last part is pure speculation, but I would decide based on what would be best for your overall trip experience and not which night would be less crowded because there's no way to really know for sure.

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but how late are the characters out until? We are going to the party on my friend’s birthday and her birthday wish is to go to Be Our Guest for dinner. So, we have reservations at 4:00PM and 5:00PM and will adjust soon once we have a clear plan. I personally don’t care too much about meeting specialty characters, but she does. Her favorite movie is “Nightmare Before Christmas” and she’d love to meet Jack and Sally’s. However, every touring plan I’ve read says to get in line starting at 4 for them but we have our dinner reservations! Would it be better to eat at 4:00 and then get in line, or eat at 5:00 and try to get in line for them at the end of the night? If we go at the end of the night, how does the line cutoff work for characters? Is it like rides where as long as you get in line before the park closes, you will get on even if the wait is 90 minutes or do the characters just leave and if you are on line, you’re just out of luck? Thank you in advance!

Does anyone know if veterans qualify for the Sept party dates discount (since veterans are able to stay at SoG in Sept)?
I was looking into this too, but I couldn't find anything in the wording of those sales that say yes :( I'm either DVCing or SoGing it in Sept too! I might have to call their ticket office and ask, but I feel like it's going to be no :(

I was looking into this too, but I couldn't find anything in the wording of those sales that say yes :( I'm either DVCing or SoGing it in Sept too! I might have to call their ticket office and ask, but I feel like it's going to be no :(

If you end up calling, please post the answer. It would save my family of 5 a lot of money!

May I ask how you saved 9%?

Right now the Kroger owned grocery chain in the midwest seems to be running a promotion if you purchase a gift card, you get points redeemable for fuel. Usually each $1 gets you 2 points, but the deal right now is 4 points per $1, so effectively it is 4% back. Every 100 points is 10 cents off gas. My purchase of a Disney Gift Card got me 1400 points so $1.40 off per gallon in total. The other remaining portion is from my credit card which gets me 3% cash back at grocery stores (gotta make sure you pay it off in full to truly get it so interest doesnt wipe it out). Someone else could save even more if they got a cash back card that has grocery as a rotating category this month with 5% cash back.

Now the bigger your gas tank the more you realize in your savings when you using the points. I've calculated based on current gas prices and my tank size that I've got 9% cash back. It takes a bit of leg work but I saved over $30 doing this.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter