"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I'm actually thinking of doing this, going to the party on the 11th perhaps, and cruising the weekend of the 14th! :)
I wanted to go and see the new Toy Story Land, but a cruise sounds so much more relaxing to me! We've never done one, but are looking at the party on the 25 and a cruise on the 29. The only big thing stopping us is how expensive a Disney Cruise is for just 4 nights. It costs close to how much we pay for a week at Disney.

Any word on when the Online Tickets go onsale

I called today and they said they would be available online April 17. As an international, I don’t get hard tickets & its easier for me to purchase online and match digital tickets to the right people on my MDE (since not all are doing). No problem doing this last year. By phone, the CM would have had to get the IT line involved. No thanks. I’ll wait for online. ;)

I called today and they said they would be available online April 17. As an international, I don’t get hard tickets & its easier for me to purchase online and match digital tickets to the right people on my MDE (since not all are doing). No problem doing this last year. By phone, the CM would have had to get the IT line involved. No thanks. I’ll wait for online. ;)
I don't blame you. That sounds like a lot of work.

I'm in Canada and it was a quick and easy call to buy our tickets. I got a confirmation code and when I entered it into MDE on the website, I could match the tickets with my family group. I also got a UPS shipping notification yesterday which may or may not be our MNSSHP tickets.

Reactions: amw
We are going to Disney Oct 9th and 10th and then going on a cruise Oct 11th through 14th. Then we are coming back to Disney Oct 14th through Oct 17th. We are going to hit one of the Halloween Parties during those days.
What hotel are you staying at while at Disney?

We are staying at AKL Savannah View the first two days and the Poly the other days.
Wow that's awesome! We are struggling a bit with the cost of a cruise + party tickets so we aren't sure which resort to stay at yet.

I was in Target the other day. I was buying a $50 gift card (not Disney) and over $50 worth of other merchandise. The cash register wouldn't let me use a $5 Target gift card that I had towards the purchase because of the the Nintendo gift card that I was purchasing even though I had more than enough regular merchandise that would have been covered by the little $5 Target gift card. It wasn't a huge deal because I'll be back to shop again, but it was a little annoying.

Word is it is a glitch and Target CSRs have said they are working on it and it could take 4 weeks to fix. From what I've heard it's a nation wide glitch.

Wow that's awesome! We are struggling a bit with the cost of a cruise + party tickets so we aren't sure which resort to stay at yet.

We rented DVC Points for the hotel stay. The total was $1550 for that. Then we bought 7 days tickets from a discount place for $940. We got our airfare from Southwest for $636. We booked the three day Bahamas cruise on Carnival for $665. So total trip for us not including food is $3791. The best part is not everything was due at the same time. The remaining on the DVC is due 45 prior and the cruise is due in August. So we paid for the tickets and flights up front. The cruise was just $100 down. For us though its much easier to do when we split everything up over time. We will buy our party tickets after they go on-sale online based on whats still left and what day fits into our schedule. Most likely a Poly day will be best for the party. They do have cheaper options from DVC rental places too. Old Key West is actually pretty affordable if they have it open we decided to stay at Poly as it is a dream of ours. (all prices are based on two people) Hope you can do it.

We rented DVC Points for the hotel stay. The total was $1550 for that. Then we bought 7 days tickets from a discount place for $940. We got our airfare from Southwest for $636. We booked the three day Bahamas cruise on Carnival for $665. So total trip for us not including food is $3791. The best part is not everything was due at the same time. The remaining on the DVC is due 45 prior and the cruise is due in August. So we paid for the tickets and flights up front. The cruise was just $100 down. For us though its much easier to do when we split everything up over time. We will buy our party tickets after they go on-sale online based on whats still left and what day fits into our schedule. Most likely a Poly day will be best for the party. They do have cheaper options from DVC rental places too. Old Key West is actually pretty affordable if they have it open we decided to stay at Poly as it is a dream of ours. (all prices are based on two people) Hope you can do it.
Looks like the main difference is we are looking at a Disney cruise instead for 4 nights and that would cost us $2500 for a verandah room.

Looks like the main difference is we are looking at a Disney cruise instead for 4 nights and that would cost us $2500 for a verandah room.

Yeah I couldn't do Disney at 3 times the cost for my first cruise. I got an ocean view room for 2 people for that price and with it being our first one we are ok with Carnival. We have actually had friends that went on this exact cruise and loved it.

Yeah I couldn't do Disney at 3 times the cost for my first cruise. I got an ocean view room for 2 people for that price and with it being our first one we are ok with Carnival. We have actually had friends that went on this exact cruise and loved it.
This will be our first cruise as well. I'm having a hard time trying to pick Carnival over Disney even though I know it's so much cheaper. Can you tell me what else, besides cost, convinced you to go with them?

This will be our first cruise as well. I'm having a hard time trying to pick Carnival over Disney even though I know it's so much cheaper. Can you tell me what else, besides cost, convinced you to go with them?

I would say the food options they have and the fact that I could get the Oceanview room but the cost was the biggest factor for sure. When I compared the two there was nothing that I could see that Disney was offering that Carnival didn't have except the free soda. I prefer Ice Tea and thats included so it wasn't a big deal for me at all.

I would say the food options they have and the fact that I could get the Oceanview room but the cost was the biggest factor for sure. When I compared the two there was nothing that I could see that Disney was offering that Carnival didn't have except the free soda. I prefer Ice Tea and thats included so it wasn't a big deal for me at all.
Now you have me thinking I really need to consider a Carnival Cruise. Darn lol! I'll stop hijacking this thread now. Thanks for the info!

I'm in Canada and it was a quick and easy call to buy our tickets. I got a confirmation code and when I entered it into MDE on the website, I could match the tickets with my family group. I also got a UPS shipping notification yesterday which may or may not be our MNSSHP tickets.

That’s good to know that it worked for you. :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, CMs are hit and miss & since the tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, I’d rather do it myself. I’m a control freak that way. :rotfl:

So April 17th will be the online booking day for me.

So we are attending the halloween party for the first time ever this year, woohoo!!
Bought my tickets by phone this morning, however my eldest DD will turn 10 in August and because she is still 9, My Disney Experience will not allow me to link her ticket since she needs an adult ticket but is still 9. Guess I can't link her ticket until her birthday in August; while this is fine for FP selection, is this still ok for dining ressies??? Do I need my tickets linked before making dining ressies on party night?

Also, how long does it take for the confirmation email to come through? I have the confirmation number already (which is how I figured out I could not link her ticket yet) so that's fine but how long should an email take???
Interesting....my current 9 YO will also be 10 by our trip, and I was able to link the adult ticket to her in MDX no problem. If you get an alert that there’s an age mismatch you should still be able to proceed by just acknowledging the alert?

Has anyone booked the Return to Sleepy Hollow event yet? I called and booked this morning and it still hasn't shown up in MDE and I haven't gotten a confirmation email. The CM on the phone mentioned that it might not show up in my account, but I figured I'd at least get an email.

What date did you book? I tried to but was told 180 days out only so have to wait until my ADR window opens.

Has anyone booked the Return to Sleepy Hollow event yet? I called and booked this morning and it still hasn't shown up in MDE and I haven't gotten a confirmation email. The CM on the phone mentioned that it might not show up in my account, but I figured I'd at least get an email.
Hi, curious to know if you booked Friday, September 28? We're staying offsite, so I can't book until April 1. Really hoping to book the dessert party package with an 8pm viewing, and am concerned it will be sold out by the time I can call to book. This may be a shot in the dark, but did the cast member happen to say anything about it being sold out or close to it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter