"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What date did you book? I tried to but was told 180 days out only so have to wait until my ADR window opens.

9/28. I called when they went on sale and they said it was 180 days from the event, but on the Disney Parks blog post they updated the info over the weekend. It falls in your 180+ window if you're staying onsite.

Hi, curious to know if you booked Friday, September 28? We're staying offsite, so I can't book until April 1. Really hoping to book the dessert party package with an 8pm viewing, and am concerned it will be sold out by the time I can call to book. This may be a shot in the dark, but did the cast member happen to say anything about it being sold out or close to it?

Yep I did! We'll be at the 10:00 viewing. The CM didn't mention it being close to sold out--it kind of seemed like it was the first time he'd gone through the process this year because he kept looking things up to make sure he was telling me the right location, etc. He said it was good we were booking so early because last year they sold out a few months before the event. Based on that, I'd be optimistic. Fingers crossed for you!

I called today and they said they would be available online April 17. As an international, I don’t get hard tickets & its easier for me to purchase online and match digital tickets to the right people on my MDE (since not all are doing). No problem doing this last year. By phone, the CM would have had to get the IT line involved. No thanks. I’ll wait for online. ;)

I'm in Canada and ordered by phone and was able to link the confirmation number to my MDE account myself and my tickets showed up right away, no IT involvement needed. They also sent me hard tickets at no charge, which is not something I was ever offered before (previous years I only ordered online though) and they showed up within a week. Of course waiting to do it online yourself is fine as well, I just wanted to share my experience with a relatively painless phone purchase.

That’s good to know that it worked for you. :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, CMs are hit and miss & since the tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, I’d rather do it myself. I’m a control freak that way. :rotfl:

So April 17th will be the online booking day for me.

Assuming you had a CM giving you the right info on that date. I can't for the life of me figure out why there would be such a large gap of time between tickets being available by phone and tickets being available online, it really makes no sense and has me wondering if online will even be an option this year. The CM I purchased from said "no print at home" option for tickets is available for this year and I'm kicking myself now for not asking her if that meant to online tickets as well. I guess we'll know in a few weeks when April 17th rolls around!

9/28. I called when they went on sale and they said it was 180 days from the event, but on the Disney Parks blog post they updated the info over the weekend. It falls in your 180+ window if you're staying onsite.

Yep I did! We'll be at the 10:00 viewing. The CM didn't mention it being close to sold out--it kind of seemed like it was the first time he'd gone through the process this year because he kept looking things up to make sure he was telling me the right location, etc. He said it was good we were booking so early because last year they sold out a few months before the event. Based on that, I'd be optimistic. Fingers crossed for you!
Great, thank you for the info!

I'm in Canada and ordered by phone and was able to link the confirmation number to my MDE account myself and my tickets showed up right away, no IT involvement needed. They also sent me hard tickets at no charge, which is not something I was ever offered before (previous years I only ordered online though) and they showed up within a week. Of course waiting to do it online yourself is fine as well, I just wanted to share my experience with a relatively painless phone purchase.

I know. Each CM seems to have different info. So take with a grain of salt ... she told me this year was the earliest tickets were released for purchase and that’s why it’s via phone only for now. Maybe April 17 was the official roll-out date?! I have no idea.

As for the IT issue. My DD just turned 18 and will be going on an overlapping trip to WDW with her best friend to celebrate grad. I’m only buying the party tickets for myself and my younger DD. (Her birthday treat). We have a separate resort reservation but both girls are in my “friends and family.” Because I was not buying for all the people on my MDE, the CM didn’t know how the tickets would get assigned — she said she would have to get IT involved. That scared me.

Can anyone tell me IF they give you one confirmation number for two tickets, which I then enter on MDE ... does it let me assign to the family members I pick? :confused3

I know. Each CM seems to have different info. So take with a grain of salt ... she told me this year was the earliest tickets were released for purchase and that’s why it’s via phone only for now. Maybe April 17 was the official roll-out date?! I have no idea.

As for the IT issue. My DD just turned 18 and will be going on an overlapping trip to WDW with her best friend to celebrate grad. I’m only buying the party tickets for myself and my younger DD. (Her birthday treat). We have a separate resort reservation but both girls are in my “friends and family.” Because I was not buying for all the people on my MDE, the CM didn’t know how the tickets would get assigned — she said she would have to get IT involved. That scared me.

Can anyone tell me IF they give you one confirmation number for two tickets, which I then enter on MDE ... does it let me assign to the family members I pick? :confused3
I know that when we bought after hours tickets they each had their own confirmation number, but we had to split our orders to use gift cards so I'm not sure if the Halloween party tickets work the same or not.

I got one confirmation number for our three tickets and I was able to assign each ticket to one of the three of us in MDE. When I look at our tickets in MDE, there are six tickets. One each for our 7 day park tickets and then one each for our MNSSHP tickets. All of them are assigned to one of us specifically.

If we go to a different park during the day and book our 3 advance FPs for that park, can we still book FPs using the party ticket? I really want to do the M&G with Tink, since my DSis and I are going as Hook and Peter Pan, but not for a 20+ minute wait during party time.

I ordered using the automated phone line and at the end of the purchase they gave me an order code. Put this order code in the ticket linking and it brings up all of the halloween tickets.

If we go to a different park during the day and book our 3 advance FPs for that park, can we still book FPs using the party ticket? I really want to do the M&G with Tink, since my DSis and I are going as Hook and Peter Pan, but not for a 20+ minute wait during party time.
There are no Fps for Hard Ticketed Events such as the Party. What you CAN do is use your 3 FP in the first park and then book a 4th, 5th...in MK up until....I think it was 5:30 last year....

There are no Fps for Hard Ticketed Events such as the Party. What you CAN do is use your 3 FP in the first park and then book a 4th, 5th...in MK up until....I think it was 5:30 last year....
At the 180 day mark can the OP book 3 FPs at their original park plus 2 more in the MK with their MNSSHP ticket?

I ordered using the automated phone line and at the end of the purchase they gave me an order code. Put this order code in the ticket linking and it brings up all of the halloween tickets.
Yep. That's how I did it too and then you choose who...in your Friends and Family list...gets those tickets assigned to them. Worked like a charm!

I bought 2 tickets with 1 confirmation number and the first one defaulted to me as the owner of the MDE account and the 2nd one I was able to assign. I have 3 of us on my MDE with just 2 of us going this trip.

Reactions: amw
At the 180 day mark can the OP book 3 FPs at their original park plus 2 more in the MK with their MNSSHP ticket?
No. If they enter the park at 4pm, then there will be some availability to use their 4th and 5th and so on FPs just like any other Park Hop up until the time that Disney deems it "Party Time". Like I said, I think the cut off was 5:30 last year. There are no FP associated with Ticketed Events (MNSSHP, MVMCP....etc)

You can, however, make FP+ reservations using your party ticket for the 4-6:30pm time period (FP+ Selections should be booked between 3:30-6:30pm), before the party officially begins.
@DWillowBay @scrappinginontario ^ This is what I was referring to, specifically. I thought advance FPs from 4pm-6pm could be booked at the normal 60-day window on the party ticket, but wasn't sure if it was possible, since the rule is all advance FPs have to be in the same park. But checking MDE for 4th and 5th FPs isn't hard, so we'll do that. Thanks!

This is what I was referring to, specifically. I thought advance FPs from 4pm-6pm could be booked at the normal 60-day window on the party ticket, but wasn't sure if it was possible, since the rule is all advance FPs have to be in the same park. But checking MDE for 4th and 5th FPs isn't hard, so we'll do that. Thanks!

You can book advanced FP for MNSSHP but that would be it for the day. In other words, you can only book 3 advanced FP for one park that day (either morning park or MNSSHP). After those 3 FP are used then you can pick up 4th, 5th, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter