"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Ok, thanks! I meant in worrying about it removing a day from my tickets. So, I'm ok to use my MagicBand, right?

Yes, just make sure you go through the MNSSHP line, to the right with large, noticeable signs. This was more of an issue when MB were 1st introduced or when using the the regular line. Of course anything is possible, but nothing to stress about. I've done this the last 3 years for multiple MNSSHP & MVMCP and never had an issue, as numerous PP have too. I never bring the Green RFOD cards with me. Happy Planning!

I can't remember where this was posted but I remember reading something about possibly exchanging dates for parties. Do they only do this for inclement weather or any time (assuming tickets are available)? I'd also assume you'd just pay the difference if it's a more expensive party?

Tickets state non-refundable, but PP have not had a problem changing dates or getting refunds for various reasons, inclement weather with WDW cancelling party being exceptions that have occurred the last 2 years (see previous threads on what was offered besides refund). If 1 CM says no, try another. Just don't except it, and know it may not get a refund or exchange which it states when purchasing. If a date is Sold Out, you won't be able to change dates to a Sold Out party.

Last edited:
I can't remember where this was posted but I remember reading something about possibly exchanging dates for parties. Do they only do this for inclement weather or any time (assuming tickets are available)? I'd also assume you'd just pay the difference if it's a more expensive party?
They exchange them solely at their own discretion for reason (like inclement weather). They are considered non exchangeable and non refundable.

Am I the only one scared about flying with southwest? We’ve never flown with them before and booked our first flight for October but I’m a little worried now.

Am I the only one scared about flying with southwest? We’ve never flown with them before and booked our first flight for October but I’m a little worried now.
I'm buying some SW tickets later today. I believe they are inspecting their fleet over the next 30 days. Still so much safer than driving.

I’ve flown southwest many times. Unfortunately, things can happen on any airline. I feel now is probably the safest time to fly Southwest because they’re going to be doing crazy inspections I’m sure.

I'm buying some SW tickets later today. I believe they are inspecting their fleet over the next 30 days. Still so much safer than driving.
We would never drive. It would take so long to get there from where we live.

I’ve flown southwest many times. Unfortunately, things can happen on any airline. I feel now is probably the safest time to fly Southwest because they’re going to be doing crazy inspections I’m sure.
Good point. Gotta be safer than frontier. That’s who we normally fly with and I sometimes wonder about their planes.

I just read the story. Our flights for September are booked through Southwest. We've flown with them once before. Although the story did give me a little anxiety, I have to remember how many times I have flown before with zero issues. Freak accidents happen all the time, we can't stop living life. I'd still rather fly than drive 23 hours from Iowa!

We used to fly to WDW all the time, then started roadtripping most of our recent trips (live in Iowa). This August I decided to fly for our "quick" trip, and of course the flight home is thru Allegiant, who were just featured on 60 minutes. :scared:
I've been researching since Sunday and then this happened with SW.
I've flown Allegiant before, and my DD23 just did last October without issue.
I think pp has a great point, all this negative attention will have them inspecting thoroughly!

AND, just saw above me, from Iowa too. :wave2:

We used to fly to WDW all the time, then started roadtripping most of our recent trips (live in Iowa). This August I decided to fly for our "quick" trip, and of course the flight home is thru Allegiant, who were just featured on 60 minutes. :scared:
I've been researching since Sunday and then this happened with SW.
I've flown Allegiant before, and my DD23 just did last October without issue.
I think pp has a great point, all this negative attention will have them inspecting thoroughly!

AND, just saw above me, from Iowa too. :wave2:
I’m also from Iowa! Lovely weather we’re having

It is totally normal to feel anxiety about something like this! DS is leaving tomorrow for an orchestra trip in Whistler and they are going there by bus. Since the terrible bus accident 12 days ago that took the lives of 16 members of the Humboldt Broncos hockey team I have been worried about letting him go on the bus, especially since I am driving up to help chaperone so it would be easy to have him ride with me. But, I can't let one terrible tragedy change how I live my life and neither should you.

While I've been to Disney many many times I've actually never been to MNSSHP yet. I have read that CM discount nights can be super crowded though. Do we know what nights those will be this year? I am hoping to avoid them if possible.

Tickets state non-refundable, but PP have not had a problem changing dates or getting refunds for various reasons, inclement weather with WDW cancelling party being exceptions that have occurred the last 2 years. If 1 CM says no, try another. Just don't except it, and know it may not get a refund or exchange which it states when purchasing. If a date is Sold Out, you won't be able to change dates to a Sold Out party.

They exchange them solely at their own discretion for reason (like inclement weather). They are considered non exchangeable and non refundable.

The only reason I would exchange is for weather so this is very helpful. Thanks!

The only reason I would exchange is for weather so this is very helpful. Thanks!
Just know that it's entirely at their discretion and generally requires weather bad enough party elements were cancelled (parade, shows, etc). They probably won't do it in advance because rain is in the forecast.

It is totally normal to feel anxiety about something like this! DS is leaving tomorrow for an orchestra trip in Whistler and they are going there by bus. Since the terrible bus accident 12 days ago that took the lives of 16 members of the Humboldt Broncos hockey team I have been worried about letting him go on the bus, especially since I am driving up to help chaperone so it would be easy to have him ride with me. But, I can't let one terrible tragedy change how I live my life and neither should you.
I’m honestly not that worried. I just wanted to see what others were feeling. It made me a little nervous at first just because we’ve never flown with them before but I love planes so I’m sure I’ll completely forget about it in a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter