"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Trick or treating is offered in lieu of cookies and “milk” at MNSSHP.

I wonder why Disney felt that they needed to add a beverage to those and not to this one. I believe the Christmas Party started before a Halloween one if I am not mistaken. I remember going to the Christmas one in 2000 or 2001 on my first visit to Disney World.

Since you were able to book your FP at 3:20 - does that mean you will be allowed in before 4pm OR you get in at 4pm and boogie to your first FP?

THANKS!!
The timing of the FP has no bearing on what time you can enter the party. You could book a FP on your party ticket for 9 AM if you wanted (you just wouldn’t be able to use it!). However, with FPs stopping at 6 now, you need to start your first before 4 PM to be able to get three in.

So it looks as if Thunder is not going to be open during the party. What time do they closed the non-participating attractions and what is the latest you can get in line for them?

So it looks as if Thunder is not going to be open during the party. What time do they closed the non-participating attractions and what is the latest you can get in line for them?

I think you would be best served looking through WDW website leading up to your travel dates as things may change, especially on your party night. Currently, they have BTMRR & Jungle Cruise open on Aug 17th - Oct 31st 9am-6pm.

We are doing the party August 28th. I booked all our FPs this past Sunday at my 60 window. Now I just booked 2 FPs for October 28th between 4-6.
Is this okay? It's not going to cancel any other of my FPs?

Last edited:
This is great to hear! Do you mind me asking when you emailed and when you got your call? I am in the same boat but have received no call yet. I sent my email on Saturday. Thank you!

So I had purchase a Plaza Garden ticket and cancelled it after I saw the parade was removed. I never would have thought to contact Disney if it wasn't for this thread. Anyway, I emailed them on Tuesday and received a call late last night (but didn't answer). The gentlemen left me a message and said that I could repurchase and get the parade viewing. I'm waiting until he comes back into the office later today to call back and get it sorted out.

I'm very thankful for everyone who took the initiative to make the calls, emails initially. I don't plan on staying for the fireworks as my son is only 2 and that is our first night there. So I had purchased the party just for the parade viewing as I don't want to sit around and waste precious party time to wait for a good spot for the parade.

BTW, if you have never done a party before, know that they do have to go containers. I plan to stop by the party first, grab a few snacks in a to go container, and eat those while watching the parade.

So I'm doing EMM and MNSSHP on the same day (Sept 9). I'm feeling relatively fine about this, as I did 7 am EMH - midnight for a Christmas party last December with a TS meal at Skipper Canteen mid-afternoon. It was a long day, but I had a blast. I currently have a 2:30 ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. I'm now concerned that that will be too much food, relatively skewed towards the beginning of the day. Wondering if I should drop a table service ADR and just hit some quick service items that have been on my bucket list.

Thoughts? Experience? I think having the table service meal in December helped my energy level. Wondering if I take my time at QS if that would be enough of a recharge. Would you keep the TS meal in the afternoon, after the breakfast buffet included with EMM?

Last edited:

We are doing the party October 28th. I booked all our FPs this past Sunday at my 60 window. Now I just booked 2 FPs for October 28th between 4-6.
Is this okay? It's not going to cancel any other of my FPs?

You're fine. Will you get the dreaded email? No one knows for certain. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you do, then cancel the party FP's immediately and call Disney's IT directly - Internet Help Desk (407) 939-4357 to have it resolved.

FastPass on Party Tickets Q & A

I know some of you go back and forth from the Main thread to the Itinerary thread which is perfectly fine. For any newbies on the board a hypothetical question regarding FP's was posted along with a plausible explanation and the truth of the matter, to keep everyone informed it all starts: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-50#post-59402332"]here[/URL].

If it does cancel FPs I assume it's the last day of your ticket that gets bumped. I have a highly coveted FoP FP for that day and would hate to lose it.

If it does cancel FPs I assume it's the last day of your ticket that gets bumped. I have a highly coveted FoP FP for that day and would hate to lose it.

You will get an email notification before they are dropped. You'll have ample time to cancel the party FP's before Disney drops the last day of FP's. After you do this then make the call to Disney's IT.

You will get an email notification before they are dropped. You'll have ample time to cancel the party FP's before Disney drops the last day of FP's. After you do this then make the call to Disney's IT.
To add .... some folks did not get an email last year ... keep an eye on that last day.

I just got another call from Disney, guest relations this time with the same message that everyone else has been getting re: the parade viewing. Not sure why they called me again, since there was no new info. I guess I'm just automatically on their list and they wouldn't know another team has already contacted me.

So for those who may not have gotten a call yet, they are still working on it.

Details sounded the same as everyone else got. She specifically said check-in between 4:30 and 6:30 and when I double confirmed that time, she said the party doesn't officially start until, so if you don't get there until that time, not an issue to go to check-in then. She did not offer which parade would have the viewing and when I asked her words were "probably the 1st one, they haven't told us for sure". She went on to say that won't be confirmed until they finalize the timing.

To add .... some folks did not get an email last year ... keep an eye on that last day.

Currently those that have posted about this issue so far have received the email, so it looks like we are being notified, but there is always that possibility. ::yes::

I just got another call from Disney, guest relations this time with the same message that everyone else has been getting re: the parade viewing. Not sure why they called me again, since there was no new info. I guess I'm just automatically on their list and they wouldn't know another team has already contacted me.

I think they just like talking to you!

Currently those that have posted about this issue so far have received the email, so it looks like we are being notified, but there is always that possibility. ::yes::
Hopefully this year they are better about notifying people...I just know that last year not everyone got the email.

Hopefully this year they are better about notifying people...I just know that last year not everyone got the email.

Exactly! At first they didn't then Disney was inundated with emails because of it. I hope they learned this wasn't the way to handle things especially for 2018. Nope! :sad2: We don't need this surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter