• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Hocus Pocus show delayed due to the weather. Super glad I came on Friday since it was my number 1 priority for the entire trip.

Edit: it’s cancelled. Intense frowny face. So much for the last show being empty - I think it’ll be the only one offered, if the stage dries enough.

Okay, the rain show was still really fun. It’s a much shortened version - but the Sanderson sisters and villains still appear. Loved it - Go Disney!
I’m confused... was the Hocus Pocus show cancelled or shortened?

They announced that it was cancelled but that something else would happen. So the Sanderson sisters and villains came out. Not the full show.

Apparently they run the shortened version if it’s too wet to do the full show but not actively raining.
Thank you, that makes so much more sense now lol!

That picture looks more crowded than footage from the live streaming. I also saw just single rows of people in some areas.

I noticed that too on the right side of Main Street. There wasn't many people seated as far as I could tell. I cut out Tinkerbell & her float because people here did express they wanted to see things first hand. Again, this is an image from the live streaming, the image has been brightened but nothing else.

upload_2018-9-9_23-59-12.png

We attended the party tonight. Started out rough with the rain but ended up OK. Rode space mountain (25 min wait), 7DMT (30 min) and tea cups (20). Splash mountain and BTMRR were walk-ons, so we rode them a couple of times each. Buzz
Light year had short wait but I think that was due to rain and some rides being shutdown. Lots of trick or treating. Longest wait was for Tigger and gang (40 minutes @ 11:15pm). Did not watch the parade, fireworks, or shows. My son doesn't have the attention span for it. Overall it was an OK night. best part was having a bus pull up right as we got to the platform and not having to stand on that long ride back to the restort.

Would you say the rain and lightning started around 8pm?

It was actually a bit before 8pm, prob closer to 740ish.

I'll try to post a full report tomorrow but we freakin owned this party as our Harry Potter gang (5yrs old - 63 yrs old lol)

It felt crowded most of the night, and the rain sucked, but we improvised well. Very successful imo.

Don't believe those Main St live shots either btw, it was definitely more crowded but no where near how the first couple of parties seemed imo.

My report for tonight, Sept 9.

I'm DVC, so got in at 2pm. Park was pretty dead. Watched the 2pm parade, did a round of Sorcerer's, rode Buzz, Carousel, Jungle Cruise, Splash, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion plus ate dinner before 6pm.

Saw the clouds rolling in, so I hit 7DMT to try and beat the storm--35 minute wait listed, was closer to 25. Then I hit Space Mountain, it was listed at 40, but was actually 30, thunderstorm started when I was there. Rain itself wasn't all that heavy, but it was enough to close outdoor meetings and lightning closed a lot more. Peoplemover had a line (!), I decided if I'm going to wait in a line, I'll just do Buzz again. Wait was shorter than I thought, only about 10 minutes, so I decided to head over to Pirates.

Pirates was interesting--line out the building, listed at 35 minutes, but it ended up being way, way shorter. But oddly, the extra overlay stuff was gone--no extra cast members for the ride. What I did notice was that it was loading from both sides--which I don't remember from previous parties, I wonder if, because everything else was down, they pulled people off the overlay and used them to open up the second side? Or maybe they just ditched the changes.

Decided to go ahead and watch the first parade from Frontierland since it wasn't particularly packed. Rain stopped before the parade started (though no Horseman since it was still wet), so rode Big Thunder after the parade.

Then decided to go ahead and meet the Gravediggers, only about 5 groups in the line. Hadn't really thought about anything to say until I got in line, best I came up with was to say "I guess it's my time to go" when they came to get me, and "I've always been told to be nice to people on the way up, because you never know who's going to lower you down." I like to think they laughed on the inside. Or at least groaned.

10-minute warning for fireworks came after that, I had no problems finding a good place in the Hub (with the caveat that I am a single guy, so I'm not trying to find a place for strollers or scooters).

Hit a few more rides and started the serious candy collecting after that, finished with the Midnight Hocus Pocus show--not crowded there at all, if anyone was anywhere past the Partner's statue, it looked like it was pretty much by choice.

My verdict--rain made things dicey, came too late for anyone to change attendance plans, and if it messed up meet and greet plans I could see it throwing a big kink in the night. With that in mind, though it didn't feel crowded outside of the rain times, and ride waits were consistently way less than posted wait times. My luggage scale says a little over 6 pounds of candy, my pedometer says a little under 20K steps, overall a good night.

It is definitely hot.

I was feeling really weird outside at Jack and Sally. Better now that I’ve had water and am inside the Dwarves tent. Thank you for asking! :)
Dwarves tent??are they meeting in a different spot than before and are they near the Disney junior dance party?

Pirates was interesting--line out the building, listed at 35 minutes, but it ended up being way, way shorter. But oddly, the extra overlay stuff was gone--no extra cast members for the ride. What I did notice was that it was loading from both sides--which I don't remember from previous parties, I wonder if, because everything else was down, they pulled people off the overlay and used them to open up the second side? Or maybe they just ditched the changes.
That is strange. For the record, at the first party they used both sides, with no rain, and still had the overlay. I wonder why they didn’t have it last night.

Someone on an earlier post mentioned that magic shots took several days to show up in their MDE account. Is this the case with other photographs or are they more instant?

There was no delay in my Magic Shots from the party appearing in my account. I was at the first party.

But then again, if I have to go up to Main Street to get my treat bag and the first trick or treat trail maybe I should just go all the way up front anyway?

You do not have to go to the Bypass at the front of the park to get a treat bag. I got a treat bag at one of the trick or treat trails. If you want to be able to say you hit every trick or treat trail, I guess you would have to go there. It would be easier to just hit a different trail more than once if you are going for quantity.

Mobile ordering question - we’re looking to try the Munster (?) burger they have at Cosmic Rays for the party. Is it available to mobile order before 7, if our planned pickup is after 7?

Mobile ordering question - we’re looking to try the Munster (?) burger they have at Cosmic Rays for the party. Is it available to mobile order before 7, if our planned pickup is after 7?
I thought I saw somewhere it was available starting at 6pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter