"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have a (maybe) silly question. I'm a current Platinum pass member, but it is set to expire in April and I won't be renewing. However, we have a trip planned for December and are planning on going to MVMCP. Can I buy the tickets now and get the discount? Or would I have to be a current passholder on the party date? It's a modest discount, but we try to save money when we can!

We're thinking about the party on 11/27 - haven't decided yet. It'll depend on flight times once Southwest releases their schedule. It will be my LO's first trip to Disney!

Hi everyone! I have a (maybe) silly question. I'm a current Platinum pass member, but it is set to expire in April and I won't be renewing. However, we have a trip planned for December and are planning on going to MVMCP. Can I buy the tickets now and get the discount? Or would I have to be a current passholder on the party date? It's a modest discount, but we try to save money when we can!
I just bought my ticket as a passholder and they will only let you get them at will call because you have to show your passholder ID to pick them up, so I would say no.

For those who are debating 1 or 2 parties, it definitely depends on whether you're trying to split time between rides and party specific activities or just focusing on 1 of those. If you are able to stick around for the entire night, you can probably get everything you want out of a single party. For example, we were there last Dec 10 and this was our first party ever. I volunteered to wait in line a couple of times, so my wife and kids could do a couple of rides, but otherwise, we were there for the party specific activities. In a single party, we were able to meet the 7 Dwarfs, Scrooge & Donald, Jack Skellington, the Country Bears, and Mickey. We also saw the parade, fireworks, the Frozen show, MMMC stage show, and rode Jingle Cruise, plus enjoyed all of the drinks and snacks. We could have fit in another character or 2 in the late evening, but the kids were slowing down by that time (9 & 7), so we cut a couple of things from our list. If you go for the single party, you will need to realize you won't have front row seats for every show and event, but we had an awesome spot for the 2nd parade, with only about 10 minutes of waiting (while we were serenaded by the roaming country singers). Hopefully this helps some of you make your decisions or more likely adds even more confusion to the process! :P

If you are doing the second parade where's a good spot to watch with minimal wait?
Frontierland worked for us. We sat on the wooden walkway near the entrance to Pecos Bill's and enjoyed some late night nachos and a coffee, plus had the added benefit of the Country Bears wandering through with the roaming country singers (don't remember the group name).

I just bought my ticket as a passholder and they will only let you get them at will call because you have to show your passholder ID to pick them up, so I would say no.

Did they say how early you can pick the tickets up? I'll be in the same situation but will probably use my ap to enter the park before 4.

Did they say how early you can pick the tickets up? I'll be in the same situation but will probably use my ap to enter the park before 4.
You can get them when you check in your resort. She told me I could pick mine up when I go in Sept.

If we wanted to make an early Crystal Palace reservation on a party day can we do so if we DO NOT have party tickets? I see they start dinner as early as 3:15. Can we do an early dinner and then leave the park or would we have had to have left by that point.

My daughter and I hate being in shoulder to shoulder crowds for fireworks, so our family tends to do the dessert parties if available. How are the fireworks crowds during MVMCP? We have tickets for Tuesday, 12/4. Is it still very packed? If there's usually no trouble finding an open space to view the holiday fireworks, then I think we will save the money and skip the dessert party this time.

If we wanted to make an early Crystal Palace reservation on a party day can we do so if we DO NOT have party tickets? I see they start dinner as early as 3:15. Can we do an early dinner and then leave the park or would we have had to have left by that point.
You wont have to be out until 6.

My daughter and I hate being in shoulder to shoulder crowds for fireworks, so our family tends to do the dessert parties if available. How are the fireworks crowds during MVMCP? We have tickets for Tuesday, 12/4. Is it still very packed? If there's usually no trouble finding an open space to view the holiday fireworks, then I think we will save the money and skip the dessert party this time.
We did two parties but could only get the Dessert party one night. Crowds round the hub seemed on a par to a normal HEA night to me( shoulder to shoulder) . I would definetly do the Dessert Party again, it was much more enjoyable. We did 12/17 and 12/22

We did two parties but could only get the Dessert party one night. Crowds round the hub seemed on a par to a normal HEA night to me( shoulder to shoulder) . I would definetly do the Dessert Party again, it was much more enjoyable. We did 12/17 and 12/22

Thank you very much for this feedback. It sounds like I should probably factor the dessert party into the budget then if we're set on seeing the fireworks. I appreciate your help.

Following this thread. Still waiting for potential Free Dining promo dates to drop to finalize our dates (we booked 13 days, but only since it's easier to remove dates than add them later). We have 2 park schedule plans - one for Free Dining (if last year is similar, we hit it on the Monday before Thanksgiving) and the other if Free Dining dates are even more restrictive (then we fly in on Thanksgiving and take advantage of post-holiday lighter crowds). Either way, a non-park day fits our schedule for Sunday, November 25, and we have our tickets for my family of 5, plus my parents who are joining us on this surprise trip for our kids. We went in June 2015 for the final Star Wars Weekend, and as far as our kids know, it will be a couple of years before we can go again. This is our first holiday trip, and we want to let it go as far as possible to the plane landing before they know. :) So. Following this thread and will try to start from the beginning to avoid dumb questions.

Following this thread. Still waiting for potential Free Dining promo dates to drop to finalize our dates (we booked 13 days, but only since it's easier to remove dates than add them later). We have 2 park schedule plans - one for Free Dining (if last year is similar, we hit it on the Monday before Thanksgiving) and the other if Free Dining dates are even more restrictive (then we fly in on Thanksgiving and take advantage of post-holiday lighter crowds). Either way, a non-park day fits our schedule for Sunday, November 25, and we have our tickets for my family of 5, plus my parents who are joining us on this surprise trip for our kids. We went in June 2015 for the final Star Wars Weekend, and as far as our kids know, it will be a couple of years before we can go again. This is our first holiday trip, and we want to let it go as far as possible to the plane landing before they know. :) So. Following this thread and will try to start from the beginning to avoid dumb questions.
There's never any dumb questions! MVMCP isn't cheap so it's better to be informed.

I'm trying to decide which night will be more crowded Thurs 11/8 or Fri 11/9. When should I buy tickets? Thx!

I'm trying to decide which night will be more crowded Thurs 11/8 or Fri 11/9. When should I buy tickets? Thx!

I hear the first party sells out because of bloggers and the media. Then the 9th is a Friday so it'll be full. I'm doing the first party of the year. It just works better with our schedule. We leave on the 11th and want to do 4 parks 1 day on 11/10 starting with RD. I don't want to do a late night at the party and then up super early the next morning for RD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter