"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to the first party, not by choice necessarily but we get back from our cruise that day so will be staying an extra night to go to the party. Going to the first party has me a little nervous as I’m worried about the crowds. To anyone that has gone to the first party, does it feel much more crowded like they sell more tickets to it or does a sold out party pretty much feel the same no matter the night?

We are going to the first party, not by choice necessarily but we get back from our cruise that day so will be staying an extra night to go to the party. Going to the first party has me a little nervous as I’m worried about the crowds. To anyone that has gone to the first party, does it feel much more crowded like they sell more tickets to it or does a sold out party pretty much feel the same no matter the night?

A sold out party is a sold out party. The first party will have a lot of media and vloggers and shoppers to get the limited merchandise.

I’m not sure it will make a huge difference. The marathon was that weekend last year and the parks were already crowded from Halloween and one of the last weekends of Food and Wine. The party on Halloween sells out yearly regardless. The party on 11/1 is a toss up to me. The races are early in the morning so the late night probably won’t appeal to runners.

I'm planning to go for the first time this year! Our trip will be from 8 Aug to 23 Aug. I'm thinking of going for the party on 20 Aug. Hopefully it won't be too crowded since it's midweek.

Consistently hearing about huge crowds... anyone know how the crowds compare to the crowds during Thanksgiving week? Just trying to get a picture in my mind of what these crazy crowds actually look like! :scared::)

Also, how is the crowd level in MK the morning after a party? Does the party have any affect on the next day?

Consistently hearing about huge crowds... anyone know how the crowds compare to the crowds during Thanksgiving week? Just trying to get a picture in my mind of what these crazy crowds actually look like! :scared::)

Also, how is the crowd level in MK the morning after a party? Does the party have any affect on the next day?
On non party days MK tends to be mobbed because guests without park hoppers want to go to MK on a day where they can see the fireworks and enjoy a full park day until 9 or 10 pm vs 6pm. Honestly if you have a park hopper typically it is better to visit MK on party days then hop to one of the other parks when MK starts getting crowded with party guests (between 4-6). Then if you really want to experience MK at night or see the fireworks then go to another park during the day and hop back to MK on a non party night. It will be mobbed but at least you won’t have to deal with the high crowds all day.

I'll be arriving at WDW on November 1st, the last day Mickey's party is offered. Historically how busy is the party after Halloween?

I attended 11/1 in 2017 and thought it was a great party! (I'm pretty sure my itty bitty review was the one she linked!) I would attend it this year, but have to go Halloween night instead. I made a plan with a lot of help from @FoxC63 and her itinerary thread which I'm sure helped, but the crowds were very manageable to me. It was more crowded on a normal park day in February than it was during this party. We got a ton done and had a great time! but didn't get back to the room until almost 2am!

I don't see it having a huge impact. I tend to think 11/1 will be a great party since it's the night before the 10K so any challenge folks, like myself, likely won't be going that night since we have to be on a bus by 3:30-4am.

**Asked a few pages back, but didn't get any responses. Shameless repost! :P **

Any thoughts on Friday 09/20 vs Sunday 09/22? Any difference in crowd sizes on Friday (MK has morning EMH that day) vs Sunday? Will EMH make for a busier day, or will the early close offset that? For the Sunday party, I'm torn, as we have HS planned for Monday and we will not be rope dropping, but don't want to set myself up for failure if we get there too late.

Any thoughts on Friday 09/20 vs Sunday 09/22? Any difference in crowd sizes on Friday (MK has morning EMH that day) vs Sunday? Will EMH make for a busier day, or will the early close offset that? For the Sunday party, I'm torn, as we have HS planned for Monday and we will not be rope dropping, but don't want to set myself up for failure if we get there too late.
Fridays will be busier than Sundays. Go for the Sunday party

All things being equal (price, discounts, etc), I generally prefer to do a Sunday party over a Friday party.

checking in! we are attending the September 17 party! We've never done one but LOVED the Christmas party we did in 2017.. ..I was going back and forth because we're not huge halloween people but the hubby was like "we're there.. might as well" LOL

Not far from Warren. Nothing has changed here except for the GM plant closed which is close to me also.

WAIT are you from Lordstown?! That’s where I’m from! Went to LHS, worked at the DQ and everything! My dad is a GM retiree and my brother had to relocate!

I'm planning to go for the first time this year! Our trip will be from 8 Aug to 23 Aug. I'm thinking of going for the party on 20 Aug. Hopefully it won't be too crowded since it's midweek.
That’s the one I’m going to also! It should be a good night to go I think but it’s also only one I can go to ,I’m at Universal August 18-23.

I don't post much but I'm so excited! Just booked our tickets for 3 parties in early October :hmghost: I don't know if I can wait! We've decided to pass on the Return to Sleepy Hollow event this year (if they decide to offer it again) even though we've gone the last 2 years. The dessert party they offered at Sleepy Hollow last year wasn't very impressive or worth the extra $$ (IMO - the blacksmith shop venue was too small for the number of people there and uncomfortable, decor didn't seem to fit the theme, food choices were minimal and adult beverages were really meh ) and we felt it paled in comparison to other dessert parties (but we still highly recommend the movie portion!). Will be super excited if the rumors are true about new ride overlays and fireworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter