"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids and I were the opposite and loved Space Mountain overlay lol. We wish it was that way permanently

Oh my goodness! I felt like we were the only ones!!!! We all LOVED the SM overlay! Music and the dark was awsome! We couldn’t keep our 6yo out of the line! Lol I was really hoping they would do that one again since we liked it so much! We also wish it was permanent! Lol

That’s the one I’m going to also! It should be a good night to go I think but it’s also only one I can go to ,I’m at Universal August 18-23.

I'll be at Universal from 17 Aug to 20 Aug! :maleficenPlanning to hit the party after we return to Disney so we don't use up a park day.

I live one town over. It is the town that is known for their covered bridge.

Now now now, you are not the only ones that know about this area.

We usually attack the haunted Hay ride at that dairy queen, and in the summer well our GTO goes to the LHS apple fest car show.

Yea were local too, but just a tad further away.

We are off route 82 near that city that is known for the air base an now closed airport where Allegiant used to fly.

Oh our DD's High School beat LHS in volleyball, that is one year, you guys killed us the other 3. (JFK)

Later

Now now now, you are not the only ones that know about this area.

We usually attack the haunted Hay ride at that dairy queen, and in the summer well our GTO goes to the LHS apple fest car show.

Yea were local too, but just a tad further away.

We are off route 82 near that city that is known for the air base an now closed airport where Allegiant used to fly.

Oh our DD's High School beat LHS in volleyball, that is one year, you guys killed us the other 3. (JFK)

Later
Good to have you on dis boards!!!

Any input on how packed the MNSSHP will be on 11/1? Daughter will be missing TOT'g since we have an early 6:00 a.m. flight the morning of 11/1 and thinking this works out great if we can get in some nap time when we arrive.

I'm not sure whether this has been answered earlier in the thread but what, typically, are the treats?

Are the allergy treats the kind of thing where there is one option that is top 8 allergen free or are there multiple options depending upon what the allergy is?

Thanks!

Any input on how packed the MNSSHP will be on 11/1? Daughter will be missing TOT'g since we have an early 6:00 a.m. flight the morning of 11/1 and thinking this works out great if we can get in some nap time when we arrive.
Hopefilully not very packed as im going that day also!

I'm not sure whether this has been answered earlier in the thread but what, typically, are the treats?

Are the allergy treats the kind of thing where there is one option that is top 8 allergen free or are there multiple options depending upon what the allergy is?

Thanks!
Most of our treats were candy.....gummy savers (my fav), lots of chocolate, M&Ms, etc.....as far as the allergy treats go, you get tokens in you are sporting the teal colored "allergy" bag and then you exchange the tokens at City Hall, I think? I didn't do the allergy tokens although I do not eat sugar so I'm tempted to do that this year. I don't want to take away from the kids who are really allergic to things like nuts, though. I'll have to wait and see on that end.

Thanks!

upload_2019-3-20_18-40-13.png

More can be found here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989841"]MNSSP 2018 - Post #7[/URL]

Heeeeeeyyyyy friends!!! After a pretty long break from the boards.... immmmm bbaaaccckkkk!!!! Lol
After the GE opening hoopla we have decided to keep our trip as planned (August 31-September 8) and planning on attending yet another MNSSHP! :banana: Whew we really considered moving or canceling bc hubby is not a huge Disney fan (gasp :eek:) and doesn’t like the crazy crowds. Not going to lie im still a bit nervous about it all and that he will be super grouchy and will never want to go back... but I’ve booked his favorite meals so hoping that will help! :rotfl2:

So... I’ll have two possible dates to attend (choosing one first, but may add the other later) 9/2 (LD) and 9/6... we did that 9/6 party last year and it was FABULOUS!! But the 9/2 works better for us... who here went to the Labor Day party last year? Thoughts on attending a party on a holiday?

So glad to be back on here and see lots of familiar names again! :wave2:
Also... just want to be correct this is the only party thread this year? No itenerary or roll call threads?!
I totally understand your vacay from the boards! Unless I'm planning a trip/cruise I get downright depressed reading them! I want to gooooo! My hubby is also so NOT a Disney fan, but I raised out kids right, so now they go with me along spouses and kids! I believe they all made sure their future spouse was a Disney fan before marrying! Mypersonal Disney legacy!

How are Thursday’s usually? We’ve been in Columbus Day and the day after in the past. But our only options this trip are Thursday 10/17 or Friday 10/18 and I know Thursday will be better than Fri!

I JUST booked our tickets for this! We've never been. Our trip is the 16th-21st of September. My son's 15th birthday is the 17th and so he wanted to go to MK that day, not realizing it closed at 6PM. So I started researching to see why and it is bc of this event! So, I decided to splurge on this (with the help of a present from a friend for my bday here in March) so that we can be at the park from open to midnight. Since my son is older, we aren't really into photo opportunities and trick or treating (although I'm sure he'll do some). But we are looking forward to the shows, parades, and rides w/o as many people!!!!

opinion on august 20th party? quiet? crowded? thinking of going to wdw just for it this year
I’m hoping so that’s when I’m going! I think based on historical attendance it shouldn’t be bad but that doesn’t mean anything necessarily. 1st party sold out last year and all the bloggers went to cover it. I figured it wouldn’t be too bad because it’s a Tuesday. I’m going either way!!

We are going to the Sept 22nd party. This will be our first party and it's my birthday so I am super excited! What should we expect for wait times for rides like Space, Thunder, etc?

Also, I saw the post about overlays - so, if they do have the overlays on Monsters, People Mover and Thunder, does that mean they won't do it for Space, etc? Thanks!

We are going to the Sept 22nd party. This will be our first party and it's my birthday so I am super excited! What should we expect for wait times for rides like Space, Thunder, etc?

Also, I saw the post about overlays - so, if they do have the overlays on Monsters, People Mover and Thunder, does that mean they won't do it for Space, etc? Thanks!
I went about that time last year, here is a re-post of my trip report:

Trip Report from Tue Sept 25th:

Entered the front gate right at 4:00pm. Line was maybe 20 people deep. Headed for Jungle cruise which at 40min was by far the longest line of the night for me. I had 5:30 dinner ressies at the Skipper Canteen. Had the pot stickers and pork chops, yum! 9 out of 10 would do it again.

Passed the eggroll stand I've heard so much about, it's not open during the party. After dinner headed for Splash, walk on, Big Thunder, 10 min, It's a small world, 5min, Walked around the new (to me) circus area. Walked along the smoking path to Space, 15min wait, people mover, walk on, tried the Candy Corn shake, two bites and tossed it in the trash. Worst dessert ever. Back through fantasy land towards Pirates, walk on, watched the first parade from somewhere near Pacos Bills I think, then walked towards the hub and nabbed a front row table at Casey's with a clear view of the castle. Picked up a Not So Poison Apple. Different, not great would probably not have another one but glad I tried it. Watched the fireworks, waited a bit then ambled up to the castle for the Sanderson Sisters. That was a fun show. Headed for the Mansion, waited maybe 10min. Caught Headless going through frontierland (missed him the fist time). Wandered aimlessly until the stoke of midnight and headed home. Overall an 8 out of 10 experience. Better specialty foods would have made the difference.

Hard to say yet, since nothing official has been announced, but I think we all hope they keep (or improve? I'm not hating on SM, I'll ride it any way it's served up, but I am looking at you PoC) the overlays from last year and add the rumored ride overlays. I think it would be a smart move for Disney to offer more party-exclusive options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter