"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS - Return to Sleepy Hollow Event

View attachment 391114

The “Return to Sleepy Hollow” offering will not be available at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground this fall. The Headless Horseman and this frightfully fun experience are expected to return in the future. If you still want to see the the Headless Horseman, he will make his way down Main Street, U.S.A. ahead of Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park on select nights this fall.

Thanks Blog Mickey :thumbsup2
Link: http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/headless-horseman-experience-cancelled-and-other-tri-circle-d-ranch-

NOTE: Disney has not made this official but due to the construction it sounds quite possible.
Makes me really really sad that we had tickets for this last October and ended up not going because both of us were feeling really tired that night. I'm really sorry I missed out on that pin too! :(

Well... *(@^$(@*$&... I just bought tickets for a flight this week based on seeing the horseman. any ideas what I can do on a Saturday night, after a Thursday and Friday party, in late-October? we really had no other reason to stay. sigh. Is there monorail trick'er'treating or hotel stuff before the biggest night?

Halloween horror nights at Universal?:rotfl2:

Well... *(@^$(@*$&... I just bought tickets for a flight this week based on seeing the horseman. any ideas what I can do on a Saturday night, after a Thursday and Friday party, in late-October? we really had no other reason to stay. sigh. Is there monorail trick'er'treating or hotel stuff before the biggest night?

There have been events held on Oct 30th & 31st. We should learn more about those closer to the event which may include Disney Springs like last year. At this point it's just too early to start naming what will be available.

I wonder how the construction will impact Ft. Wilderness events during this time: campfire sing a long, movie under the stars, etc. I'm sure others will remain the same: decorated Halloween Golf Cart Parade and a Camp Site & Cabin Decorating Contest.

2018 Disney Springs no longer passes out candy but remains a hot spot featuring children's' events and dining opportunities for adults as well as photo opportunities:

upload_2019-3-28_23-53-0.png

Halloween Backdrops at the Disney Springs PhotoPass Center
upload_2019-3-28_23-53-15.png
Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...he-disney-photopass-studio-at-disney-springs/

Face Painting and Makeovers

upload_2019-3-29_0-29-16.png
You can even get your face painted by an 'Enjoy Your Face' painting expert! They can do a subtle or an over-the-top makeover and everything in-between; just stop by their shop in the Marketplace. Theatrical Halloween looks are available at MAC Cosmetics throughout the month of October.
Link: ttps://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-springs/halloween/

Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Soiree at The Edison
upload_2019-3-29_0-22-34.png

This event took place on Wednesday, October 31, 2018. The info was released on Sept. 28, 2018
Link: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ore-christmas-halloween-soiree-at-the-edison/

Last edited:
Page 1 of that thread has a list of dates, people, hotel - but its only for October - not for August or September.
I have not seen a list for those months. Not sure there's going to be one if it hasn't been started already.
thanks again I joined the October list on that thread but it's just for who has a trip in the month of October. I was specifically looking for a list of MNSSHP attendees and their party date.

Can someone fill me in? The Headless Horseman thing was cancelled due to construction at Fort Wilderness? What construction? (I follow 37 Disney bloggers on Twitter - usually I know what's going on.)

Can someone fill me in? The Headless Horseman thing was cancelled due to construction at Fort Wilderness? What construction? (I follow 37 Disney bloggers on Twitter - usually I know what's going on.)

They are building a new Deluxe/DVC resort on the site where River Country was.

thanks again I joined the October list on that thread but it's just for who has a trip in the month of October. I was specifically looking for a list of MNSSHP attendees and their party date.
Me too. We are attending Sept 15 and 17 and I'd love to know what other DISers will be there and going through pages of posts isn't going to cut it.

Halloween horror nights at Universal?:rotfl2:
Nope! Hard No! I went to the first 15, before things got *very scary* and very drunken. I'm exclusively MNSSHP from now on!

There have been events held on Oct 30th & 31st.
Alas, we picked the week before Halloween hoping to have all the Halloween stuff and none of the Halloween crowds. I'm going to try to change our flights/hotel today. Love the idea the Haunted Mansion photos, etc. at Disney Springs though, I might have to stay for that. Thank you!

So, hubby and I are very seriously considering doing a trip just for MNSSHP this year. We can get cheap flights and a great deal at Beach Club for a short stint the last week in August: we'd be coming in for a couple days at Stormalong Bay and the party only, no regular park tickets. The girls don't start school until after Labor Day, so this would be our end-of-summer celebration.

My concern: the party that fits with the cheap flights/room is the 8/27 party. Given the timing of SWGE opening, do you think that party will end up super crowded? Any other year, a late August Tuesday is your best bet for low(er) crowds, but I'm worried that folks will come in a few days before SWGE and start their trip off with a party. Or, are the parties so crowded in general these days that even the lightest day of the year is still going to feel congested, so it really doesn't matter?
I think that the parties are crowded in general, going to a weekday party should be better than a Friday party. How fun! Your girls will love it. We tried to make that work last year but we couldn’t make it work.

Last edited:
How quickly will tickets for this sell-out? I'm looking to attend on Thurs. Oct. 24th. What's the latest I can hold out before purchasing? I will need 5 tickets.

Thanks!
Terri

No way of knowing for sure. Crowds will be increased this fall with SWGE so not fully comparable to last year. If a non-Halloween night/ party sells out, it's usually been the day before/day of but that's a risk.

Alas, we picked the week before Halloween hoping to have all the Halloween stuff and none of the Halloween crowds. I'm going to try to change our flights/hotel today. Love the idea the Haunted Mansion photos, etc. at Disney Springs though, I might have to stay for that. Thank you!

Remember what I posted took place in 2018, who knows what will be available this year. Also many Orlando sites posts Halloween parties, google "Orlando Halloween Parties 2019" or "Orlando Halloween Parties for Adults 2019" it's still too early but it might give you a new opportunity to find other things you and yours might like.

Check out this 2018 article:
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...alloween-event-happening-in-orlando-this-year

Hello - I am looking to attend the MNSSHP on Halloween (not my first choice but that is when we will be there). When the event gets 'sold out' - are there nights when the 'sold out' amount of tickets is actually more (or less) than another date? Will there actually be MORE tickets sold to the traditionally 'sold out' event on Halloween?

TIA,
Mary

NEWS - Return to Sleepy Hollow Event

View attachment 391114

The “Return to Sleepy Hollow” offering will not be available at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground this fall. The Headless Horseman and this frightfully fun experience are expected to return in the future. If you still want to see the the Headless Horseman, he will make his way down Main Street, U.S.A. ahead of Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park on select nights this fall.

Thanks Blog Mickey :thumbsup2
Link: http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/headless-horseman-experience-cancelled-and-other-tri-circle-d-ranch-

NOTE: Disney has not made this official but due to the construction it sounds quite possible.
Totally bummed if this proves to be true. We loved this last year and were planning to attend this year.

Looks unlikely that it will happen according to the campers. Im kinda bummed out also. You can still see the headless horseman at the party. Im hopeing he makes an appearance at the campfire, but im not getting my hopes up.

If we haven’t upgraded to AP yet, can we still get the AP discount (if offered on the night we pick) online or will we have to call?

There was a really really sweet lady that ran that page in the past and I can’t find it either! Had everyone’s party dates and what they were going as too! It was a great thread!! Sad it seems no one is doing it this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter