Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Well luckily I knew enough to be where I could try from 3 different devices, because the first laptop I signed in from never did get past the waiting screen. Thank goodness for the change to register multiple races and people, we are in. I hate registration day.

My first 10k! Registered for the Light Side, although I really wanted to register for the Dark Side...but I'm trying to talk my brother into joining me and getting HIM to register for the Dark Side so we can legit battle!

And for those asking, I clicked in to register about 12:01 and was finished registering by 12:20. So not too long! (But long enough to make me nervous!)

Has anyone had luck closing out their browser and starting over?

I got in fast the first time... Ive been waiting about 10 minutes to register for a second kessel run. It's nice that they thanked me for my patience, but I'm so impatient!

Make sure you're in the right line! I just got back in, and realized i heard been waiting in the regular line instead of kessel run! Ugh, so stupid!

My MDE account login info worked too! I panicked for a second thinking I'd need a login specifically for runDisney and I hadn't set that up in advance! Whew, waiting on that screen was stressful, LOL! Got my 14-year-old son and myself both registered for the Kessel Run!

Does anyone know if signing up for the Kessel Run is different if you signed up with a TA? We have purchased everything thru the TA excerpt for my DH’s Kessel Run/Virtual marathon. It keeps charging him for the half/rival run.

Had best luck with Google Chrome. it came up first although it was last browser for me to try registration. Three 10K registrations done 2 Light and 1 Dark. Good luck everyone.

Also don't click from race to race on those radio buttons before you start to enter. Click one, fill it out, then click start new registration to fill out another. I clicked the 10k, then clicked the 5k, then clicked 10k again. Well then it never had the right selections for 10k, so I had to remove that and do it again.

Well, my son and I are registered for the Kessel Run Challenge! This is his first foray into running since he didn't want to run with us this past January, but watching all of the excitement (and his love of Star Wars) got him interested. Let's see if it sticks.

My older son, who ran the half with us in January, has sworn off running. He got an IT band injury during the training and suffered through the race, so he has a bad taste in his mouth with respect running right now.

Also don't click from race to race on those radio buttons before you start to enter. Click one, fill it out, then click start new registration to fill out another. I clicked the 10k, then clicked the 5k, then clicked 10k again. Well then it never had the right selections for 10k, so I had to remove that and do it again.
I didn't get that option to register multiple people for the Kessel Challenge. Had to start all over again from scratch, including the virtual queue, for my son's entry.

All signed up! 4 5K registrations and 1 Rival Run Challenge registration, all in same page. I have come to expect so little of Disney IT, that I am shocked that it went so smoothly.

(Now I need a place to stay; waiting for discounts)!

Last edited:
i didn't have an option for the kessel run when i signed up. Is it because I'm Canadian or is it sold out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter